Suggestions on the new version of RSF

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Suggestions on the new version of RSF

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:41 pm

Quick wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:36 pm
Thanks to version 1.11.0 alphabetical sorting is back. Praise the overlords! Now if we could do this sorting by last name instead of first name, that would be perfect.
We had it solved before tbh, but then we introduced those standardized tables (which allows quick creation of tables with filtering), but here a name is first name + last name, so sorting defaults to first name. Maybe Alkworld has a solution.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:50 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:41 pm
Quick wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:36 pm
Thanks to version 1.11.0 alphabetical sorting is back. Praise the overlords! Now if we could do this sorting by last name instead of first name, that would be perfect.
We had it solved before tbh, but then we introduced those standardized tables (which allows quick creation of tables with filtering), but here a name is first name + last name, so sorting defaults to first name. Maybe Alkworld has a solution.
it's possible, just not done yet

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:39 am

There is a unnecessary columns on the team page ("Riders" and on the popup) with the white jersey as header and no data in the row

v 1.12.1
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:49 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:39 am
There is a unnecessary columns on the team page ("Riders" and on the popup) with the white jersey as header and no data in the row

v 1.12.1
Only unnecessary if you don't win any of the National Championships in February :)

For now Alk put it in an extra column, perhaps it's possible to attach it to the rider name like in Flash.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:18 pm

flockmastoR wrote:

v 1.12.1
its not unnecessary Oskars jersey is shown there xD
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:06 pm

Hansa wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:18 pm
flockmastoR wrote:

v 1.12.1
Ok now I get it, BUT, isn't the jersey shown in the race just next to the rider (as it was in flash), why we need a seperate column in the statistics tab? and this white jersey is somehow misleading (for me not carrying the RSF leader jersey).
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:37 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:06 pm
Hansa wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:18 pm
flockmastoR wrote:

v 1.12.1
Ok now I get it, BUT, isn't the jersey shown in the race just next to the rider (as it was in flash), why we need a seperate column in the statistics tab? and this white jersey is somehow misleading (for me not carrying the RSF leader jersey).
That's a preparation for the NCs, national champion jerseys will be shown there and It's there for technical reasons. When I put it to the name, I can no longer have the automatic sorting (at least without substantial effort and a good technical idea how to do it)

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:34 pm

3 questions or suggestions:

In the statistic you can click on a team but not on a rider to open his history ... is it easy possible ?

i remember in the past:
- that you could train TTT
- that i gives short races to train sprint (or was it only for the points?)

can this be done again without much effort?
not a must ... but nice to have

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:45 pm

Suggestion:

Change this in sprint click thing again please. I happens too often that a sprint settings is deleted because you click once too much. That's not needed. First click on your rider should change nothing, just chose your rider. The second click should determine the rider you want to follow. If you don't want to follow anybody, that's easy to set in the scroll down menu above the sprint animation (isn't really an animation, more like a freeze frame). No need to make the clicky thing troublesome for that.

PS: Big Donkey forced me to write that. I refuse to be responsible for any negative development out of this suggestion....
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Chense

Post by Chense » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Very small thing but its not possible to inscribe youth guys for races in the next month - e.g. at Le Tour this year i will have to think at the 1. of July to inscribe my 2 new guys for the start - If its easy to change i would appreciate it!

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:17 pm

Chense wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:05 pm
Very small thing but its not possible to inscribe youth guys for races in the next month - e.g. at Le Tour this year i will have to think at the 1. of July to inscribe my 2 new guys for the start - If its easy to change i would appreciate it!
+1
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Bright

Post by Bright » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am

Maybe make divisions a bit more interesting by narrowing the size?

Because there are currently 289 teams with 1 or more riders) so in my scenario 160 teams would be in division 1-5 actually helping newer players to build their team with buyer protection in division 6/7

e.g
Division 1: 18 teams (6 demotions)
Division 2: 24 teams (6 promotions/ 8 demotions)
Division 3: 32 teams (8 promotions/ 12 demotions)
Division 4: 48 teams (12 promotions/ 16 demotions)
Division 5: 64 teams (16 promotions/24 demotions)
Division 6: no limit (24 promotions)
Division 7: unchanged

Would make division 1 more of a flex. I was very proud of reaching it, but if you're active I presume the worst scenario is jumping from 1 to 2 and back after that. Would be more fun if it's a struggle for most to stay on the top divisions.

Even better would be if teams that have 0 races in a month could drop 2 divisions at once.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:18 pm

Changing of GPMS and IS:

Possibility of Bonus seconds for GPMS

2 different Kind of IS points and bonis individually (Example for Vuelta: IS with Bonification + IS without Bonifications)
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:07 pm

We could use a new banner that says Cycling4Freaks and C4F instead.

That or use the banner space to display the previous division winners and top riders of every month maybe.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Thu Aug 24, 2023 6:44 am

cataracs wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:07 pm
We could use a new banner that says Cycling4Freaks and C4F instead.

That or use the banner space to display the previous division winners and top riders of every month maybe.
True, I actually never look at the banner ;) If anybody has the skills, and wants to create a new banner, feel free to do so, I can easily include that. It just roughly needs the same size (current is JPG, 1024 x 150).

Let's Go

Post by Let's Go » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:01 pm

Can we get the images of the groups with the gaps overlaying the race profile like we used to have?

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:57 pm

Bright wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:45 am

Because there are currently 289 teams with 1 or more riders) so in my scenario 160 teams would be in division 1-5 actually helping newer players to build their team with buyer protection in division 6/7

e.g

Would make division 1 more of a flex. I was very proud of reaching it, but if you're active I presume the worst scenario is jumping from 1 to 2 and back after that. Would be more fun if it's a struggle for most to stay on the top divisions.

Even better would be if teams that have 0 races in a month could drop 2 divisions at once.
We're planning something like that for November:
Current suggestion (details to be discussed):
- Background info: currently we have roughly 100 active teams in Divs 1-5, roughly 20 more in the lower divisions
- Teams in divisions 1-5: 16-18-20-22-24
- Relegated Teams in div 1-5: 3-4-5-6-7
- Div 6 will contain all the rest, 7 and 8 will be dropped (or merged with 6)
- inactive teams (0 points from previous two months and 0 races at month change) are directly put in Div 6 (also to limit farming a bit)
- auction size will be automatically adapted based on the size of div 1 to 5
- division sizes can be adapted every month, if player numbers drastically change

lennylenny

Post by lennylenny » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:04 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:57 pm
Bright wrote:

e.g

- Background info: currently we have roughly 100 active teams in Divs 1-5, roughly 20 more in the lower divisions
- inactive teams (0 points from previous two months and 0 races at month change) are directly put in Div 6 (also to limit farming a bit)
- division sizes can be adapted every month, if player numbers drastically change
i think Div7 should stay, otherwise newbies could be thrown to the auction wolves way too early

how will you promote from Div 6?

please make the division sizes actually dynamic, if you need a month or two for the implementation, then i am fine with the hard coded sizes for now, but long term it will be quite a bit of administrative work i imagine
Spelling mistakes are Special functions Like bugs that are functions of the game

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:15 pm

lennylenny wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:04 pm
i think Div7 should stay, otherwise newbies could be thrown to the auction wolves way too early

how will you promote from Div 6?

please make the division sizes actually dynamic, if you need a month or two for the implementation, then i am fine with the hard coded sizes for now, but long term it will be quite a bit of administrative work i imagine
- Div 7 is not actually needed (technically tricky to have it as a separate division), but the point limit could easily be added
- Promotion from Div 6 will be as in other divisions, depending on how many spots are left above, teams with the most points will be promoted
- It will be kind of dynamic, meaning simple configuration change for the admin, and the script at the end of the month will then automatically resort the divisions

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team

Post by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:57 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Bright wrote:

e.g

I like the idea. At the moment, it's not really a competiton to get into better divions. Less places makes it more meaningful.

I addition, is there a way to add limitations on races being able to participate? E.g. in division 5 you can't race cat 4 races or higher. I see some points pro it but also against it, maybe we can open a discussion about it as well.
Last edited by Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team on Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:39 am

Chemnitz Pro Cycling Team wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:57 pm
I addition, is there a way to add limitations on races being able to participate? E.g. in division 5 you can't rice cat 4 races or higher. I see some points pro it bit also against it, maybe we can open a discussion about it as well.
We had that in the past, but IMO it makes sense mainly, if we have more teams playing the game.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:50 am

Yes, once we have our 300 teams we can put it back in. As well as no high div teams in Torre Vedras :D
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:10 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:15 pm
- Div 7 is not actually needed (technically tricky to have it as a separate division), but the point limit could easily be added
Why technically tricky, it's there now, no? Just no need to touch it and it stays?
IMO a nice place to see how many new teams have started lately, see who looks like a multi, etc. I'd prefer to keep it.
As for D8, that's the one inactive teams should actually go, not D6, but ok, keep everybody in D6, why not. At least every team is visible again.
Alkworld wrote:
This shortcut to a reset is still not needed though.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:21 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:10 pm
Alkworld wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:15 pm
Why technically tricky, it's there now, no? Just no need to touch it and it stays?
IMO a nice place to see how many new teams have started lately, see who looks like a multi, etc. I'd prefer to keep it.
As for D8, that's the one inactive teams should actually go, not D6, but ok, keep everybody in D6, why not. At least every team is visible again.
I'm changing the whole division system technically and the current division 7 is following completely different rules (promotion at any time when they reach 1500 vs promotion / relegation at the end of the month)
Robyklebt wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:10 pm
Alkworld wrote:
This shortcut to a reset is still not needed though.
It's needed at least once for moving the teams down that have been there for ages with 0 points. Without that, the resizing would lead to active teams above Div 6 being moved down to Div 6, because there's some inactive 0 points team parked in Div 3.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 22, 2023 4:50 pm

ONCE is different from a permanent rule :!:
As a once, don't think I see any major problems with it either.