HOW TO PLAY

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Re: HOW TO PLAY

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:31 am

I think after sprint and calendar are there. Or at least the ability to see what the next days race is exactly.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Team SWE: "I'm a multi and I don't care about fairplay,"

Hanse

Post by Hanse » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:57 am

Sprint and seing race profiles is necessary before we change. Otherwise it is playable but not easy espacially with setting helping and following only in tactic possible. Also gc soeting would be nice really soon.
Hansa

Lets try to make RSF great again.
The game is great but lets try to get old Players back and get some new ones.

Idéfix

Post by Idéfix » Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:46 pm

@Gipfel
Time travel is also OK with Chrome, version 87.0.4280.141

As the browser automatically checks and does the updates at start (excepted if you changed basic parameters), you have to disable the updates.
Disable Chrome updates on Windows 10 : Windows+R -> msconfig -> Services-> uncheck the 2 boxes "Google Update Services".

If you do that, Chrome won't update, but still ask you often (once an hour?) if you want to update. You just have to answer "no", then^^.
In order to avoid the popup "do you want to update", you can delete the file "Update" in C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update The browser will need much more time to open (it looks for the file you deleted), but after, no more popup since the browser remains open.
250 victoires

Classiques :
2 Ronde Van Vlaanderen (2016-2018)
2 Paris-Roubaix (2019-2020)
1 GP de Plouay
1 GP de Montréal
1 Het Nieuwsblad
1 Paris-Tours

Tours :
1 Tour de Romandie
2 Volta a Catalunya
1 Campeonato de los Andes

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:32 pm

Thanks, Idefix. I updated in the original post.

Good to see that Chrome, Firefox & Opera all work so far.

My next idea would be to update the start page to inform everybody that there are 2 ways to play at the moment. I mean, it is written there, but very hard to read the white font on transparant background with background picture... so could make it a bit 'cleaner' and structured so people understand it immediately when they go on the start page.

Another idea would be e-mail campaign to existing and former players.

But let's see what Luques' next plans are.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Technic: Bug Fix! Non-Flash Version! Improve App!
Gameplay: Revolutionize Min-Tact, Sprint System, Windkante!
Marketing: Re-attract old players! Advertisement! Social Media!
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial, Free Trial License!

luques

Post by luques » Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:16 pm

I also add that there are some browser "modifications" for example with Opera (but I saw also with Chrome) that allow the use of Flash without time travel and basically they do not update. Not sure how much they are "legal", just mention in case someone finds that.

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 pm

I tried Opera 73.0.3856.329 and firefox 48.0. They dont work with time travel. Furthermore i cant download and install flashplayer.
Chrome with timetravel worked till today. Tried to downgrade Chrome also didnt work.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:17 am

My Chrome also stopped working a few days ago, but I didn't make the effort now to get it back running. If you have an Android device, I'd recommend using a combination of App + new version. New version for everything that already works fine there (mostly the race itself), app for the rest (inscription, transfer market, sprint etc).

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:33 am

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 pm
I tried Opera 73.0.3856.329 and firefox 48.0. They dont work with time travel.
100% sure they work on Windows 10 with time travel.

Your problem seems to be this one:
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:39 pm
Furthermore i cant download and install flashplayer.
I recommended to keep Flash installed but of course for new players / new devices need a different solution. Let's try to find out where to download and install flashplayer these days...
GIP MASTERPLAN

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:00 pm

@Gipfelstürmer: i also downloaded the flash player from a third Party Site, but windows 10 prevents me from installing flash player.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:19 pm

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:00 pm
@Gipfelstürmer: i also downloaded the flash player from a third Party Site, but windows 10 prevents me from installing flash player.
Argh, that is bad... There must be a way to install flash player... I will do some research on the weekend and post the solution here (hopefully I find a solution...!) :)
GIP MASTERPLAN

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:55 pm

*** IMPORTANT UPDATE: New simple solution to use Flash ***
Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:13 am

Option Nr. 1) Portable Firefox incl. Flash (provided by Gipfelstuermer)

Step 1: Download Portable Firefox incl. Flash from my Google Drive. (168 MB)
Step 2: Unzip the .zip-File.
Step 3: Launch "FirefoxPortable.exe"
Step 4: Go to radsportfreaks.de, click "Play Now", let the plugin load, click "Run Adobe Flash" and "Allow"

What you are downloading, is simply Firefox 70.0 Portable Version with an older Flash player (that doesn't contain the Adobe end-of-life time bomb). That means, you don't even have to use time travel!

If you don't trust my files, you can download it from the original source: I found it in the reddit post Simple solution to use FLASH after January 12 2021 which is based on the tutorial Portable Adobe Flash and it was checked by another user who wrote "Can confirm this solution works. Have scanned it with MalwareBytes and it's clean. Thanks creating and sharing this!".

-------------------------------------------------

Do you have other experiences? Please share your options and experiences below. I will try to update.

Maybe others found some other options?

This is a challenge for the game, but don't panic. We will make it possible to play.

Please help each other in case of questions/problems/translations.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:03 am

@Gipfelstürmer: thx for your "best efforts" :D . Sadly the solution does not work for me. I followed your instructions. I click allow after getting asked: "Do you want to allow an outdated version of adobe flash to run on this site?"

But then the plugin starts loading but does not finish loading! I turned of windows firewall etc. but still does not work.

I will check out this Reddit tutorial. Perhaps i ll found another solution.

"Since you're doing this on your own there are few gotchas" missing from that tutorial. On start FF tries to load the system installation of Flash plugin if it finds any. For windows 10 it comes with one in system32 folder. You need to fiddle with FF configuration in "about:config" to disable this and also delete any links to update servers for settings that start with "app.update....etc", also delete the file "updater.exe".

I deleted "updater.exe and also changed in the Firefox configuration in "about:config settings with "app.update". But not sure if i did it the right way. Tried this several hours. Still does not work.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:36 am

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:03 am
@Gipfelstürmer: thx for your "best efforts" :D . Sadly the solution does not work for me. I followed your instructions.
Damn... to be sure, you use Windows 10 64-bit system? That's where I tested the solution on.

And have you disabled "time travel" / enabled real time? Funny enough, I think for the solution your system time has to be real time (not a date before 12 January like for the "time travel" solution).
GIP MASTERPLAN

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:16 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:36 am
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:03 am
@Gipfelstürmer: thx for your "best efforts" :D . Sadly the solution does not work for me. I followed your instructions.
Damn... to be sure, you use Windows 10 64-bit system? That's where I tested the solution on.

And have you disabled "time travel" / enabled real time? Funny enough, I think for the solution your system time has to be real time (not a date before 12 January like for the "time travel" solution).
I use 64 bit Windows and enabled real time. Guess also tried it with time travel.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:16 pm
I use 64 bit Windows and enabled real time. Guess also tried it with time travel.
Really? It 100% worked for me and it also worked for High Flyer who confirmed in the chat. Let's see what other experiences we hear from...

Edit: Seems that it works for CircleCycle and Jäger, too, so I am afraid it really something on your end, Rhodan...

But I think it is something individual on your end. Some things you can try

- Uninstall previous versions of Firefox or Flash Player that you might still have on your PC?
- Disable Firewalls / Anti Virus programs if you have any?
- Create a separate User on the same device.
- Uninstall and re-install Windows 10 completely.

The last one is hard... will take a few hours and you need yo save your private data before that.... but that should work if nothing else works.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:11 pm

At some point it's much simpler to play with the new version and the app in support.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Team SWE: "I'm a multi and I don't care about fairplay,"

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:43 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:54 pm
Carry Rhodan wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:16 pm
Really? It 100% worked for me and it also worked for High Flyer who confirmed in the chat. Let's see what other experiences we hear from...

Edit: Seems that it works for CircleCycle and Jäger, too, so I am afraid it really something on your end, Rhodan...

But I think it is something individual on your end. Some things you can try

- Uninstall previous versions of Firefox or Flash Player that you might still have on your PC?
- Disable Firewalls / Anti Virus programs if you have any?
- Create a separate User on the same device.
- Uninstall and re-install Windows 10 completely.

The last one is hard... will take a few hours and you need yo save your private data before that.... but that should work if nothing else works.
Its strange that it does not work for me. I unnstalled other browsers except of Chrome and also uninstalled flash player.
Only have windows firewall and turned everything off.

When the flash plugin starts loading and i right click at the empty window i got access to the "flash player einstellungsmanager". But if i turn off f.e. hardware acceleration it does not help too. Dont get it.

Guess i will install the app and hope there will be some improvements to the new version. At moment i dont see there any changes.

Mangahn

Post by Mangahn » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:25 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:55 pm
Gipfelstuermer wrote:

Step 4: Go to radsportfreaks.de, click "Play Now", let the plugin load, click "Run Adobe Flash" and "Allow"

What you are downloading, is simply Firefox 70.0 Portable Version with an older Flash player (that doesn't contain the Adobe end-of-life time bomb). That means, you don't even have to use time travel!

If you don't trust my files, you can download it from the original source: I found it in the reddit post Simple solution to use FLASH after January 12 2021 which is based on the tutorial Portable Adobe Flash and it was checked by another user who wrote "Can confirm this solution works. Have scanned it with MalwareBytes and it's clean. Thanks creating and sharing this!".

Do you have other experiences? Please share your options and experiences below. I will try to update.

This is a challenge for the game, but don't panic. We will make it possible to play.

Well done.
Ich bin reingekommen und konnte mich umschauen. Leider muss ich von Zeit zu Zeit neu starten weil er die Verbindung zu verlieren scheint. Warum auch immer.

Gibt es einen Grund nicht "Puffin" auf dem PC zu verwenden?

LG

M

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:42 pm

Mangahn wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:25 pm
Well done.
Ich bin reingekommen und konnte mich umschauen. Leider muss ich von Zeit zu Zeit neu starten weil er die Verbindung zu verlieren scheint. Warum auch immer.

Gibt es einen Grund nicht "Puffin" auf dem PC zu verwenden?

LG

M
I am afraid, Puffin for Windows costs 2 EUR / Month: https://www.puffin.com/secure-browser/individuals/

Surprised by that because Puffin for Android is for free.

I could add it to the list, but don't want to advertise a browser that costs something, as there are other alternatives which cost nothing.

---

Meinem Verständnis nach ist Puffin für Windows nicht kostenlos, sondern kostet 2 EUR / Monat: https://www.puffin.com/secure-browser/individuals/

Finde ich auch erstaunlich, weil Puffin ja für Android kostenlos ist.

Insofern möchte ich nicht unbedingt Werbung für Puffin machen, wenn es kostenlose Alternativen gibt.
GIP MASTERPLAN

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:55 pm

Found an easy way to use old version:

Go to

https://ieonchrome.com/

Paste: "http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/ ... _start.php"

inside the text box and u got the old page working.

I dont know anything about this page. use it at your own risk. LG Rhodan

Found this solution here:

"https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threa ... n.1991053/"

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:09 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:55 pm
Gipfelstuermer wrote:

Thx, works perfectly for me. First I had the rsf site but the main page didn't load, I just saw the banner up and the bluish border right and left. Had to uncheck the "Enhanced Tracking Protection" for the site (in browser adress bar left of plugin and security icon).
Erwin Schrödinger:
x) Winner Lombardia 11
x) RSF Climber of the Year 11
x) 16.848 Eternal Points
__________________²
EQUIPE MATHEMATIQUE³

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:16 pm

PUFFIN
Flash is working well with the Puffin Webbrowser.
I think it is free for android but about 2$/month for 3 devices on Windows but you can get a free 30 days test.
For me the best alternativ euntil the new version is working.

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:24 pm

lesossies wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:16 pm
PUFFIN
Flash is working well with the Puffin Webbrowser.
I think it is free for android but about 2$/month for 3 devices on Windows but you can get a free 30 days test.
For me the best alternativ euntil the new version is working.
Funny i also found Puffin yesterday and startet a 30 days trial. I confirm that it works.

https://www.puffin.com/