Resistance - In an other way

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Chense

Resistance - In an other way

Post by Chense » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Well guys i know that C4F has other problems, still i had some thoughts in the past days ... some thoughts about the only skill i really liked in Pro Cycling Manager and the way to adapt it to C4F. - AND: Its just some idea so i wont give any values ... i just want to open the discussion

What is resistance?

Resistance is a value that will help riders to go over their limits in some special cases
It is not a value that makes your rider stronger by attacking others away, but more by helping to follow riders

What is the intention of resistance?

Giving active teams a very small advantage in some special situations e.g. keeping the bunch together in a sprint race with a weakened rider, following some always off guy, not beeing siebed by someone who is always on late.

How you get resistance

It is a hidden but not given value - All riders start with the same resistance Level lets say 50 but noone else gets to see it.
You can get resistance by:
- Beeing in Tempo with riders that are stronger then you on a certain km
- Following riders that are stronger then you on a certain km
- Sucessfully fighting

No Clue about how much resistance to get on one of this cases indeed ... just have an open discussion

Where does resistance help?

There are 3 possible and discussable points ... but just mention before where it NOT should help you:
- Attacks
- Fasten up tempo
- Sprinting

So where could it help - also just suggestions ... lets discuss?
- Keep up in tempo and go with the same tempo you would need to stay in normally but only in means of power (example: If a 89 flat with 1000 power is in yes alone normally a 88 with 1000 power could help ... now also a 88 with 950 power could help if he has a bigger resistance level)
- Following attacks: A bigger resistance means the difference between being able to follow and not beeing able to follow gets bigger - but it also means the power difference will exorbitantly grow ... so lets say if you need 3 more resistance to follow than normal the amount of power used will be 1^1,03 ... if its 10 more resistance needed it will be 1^1,10 ... and surely there has to be a break again were more resistance dont help to follow
- Fighting: Here the other way then following ... it will not make to weak guys fight better or only very slightly ... but il make a fighting guy loose less power: Like resistance is equal: Lost power is x^1 . Resistance is 10 Higher: Lost power is x^0,9

Thanks for your attendance!