general appearance

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

deuseburger

general appearance

Post by deuseburger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:54 pm

moin miteinander,

just a few comments i have to get rid off (yeah first sentence and i pretty much dont know if one can use that phrase in english - nevertheless... )

first off all its kind off irritating for an old man to have the riders sorted differently on almost every page.(and i´m not talking of the race screen - may everyone do as he wishes there...)
on the teampage they are sorted in alphabetical order concerning their first name.
on the training page and the race inscription the order seems to be the same although i havent the slightest idea after which stat they are sorted...
would suggest to have em sorted on all 3 pages (and all others i might have forgot) in an alphabetical order regarding the last name of the rider (than first name in case of equal last name)
furthermore and imo even more important; i really would like to have the possibility to sort the riders after their stats on all the teams teampages, like one can do it on the transfer market...

being in the spectator mode every ones and a while i would love to have the mouse overview functions on the teams name as in ones own race, sometimes i´m just curious to know how many races a team has participated in and being way to lazy to visit the teampage in order to know i probably never find an answer...
having the km overview with its +, -, * and the 60sec mark (again like in ones own races) in the spectator mode isnt of any detriment either (at least none i can think of) and would make the spec mode more enjoyable...

in some fred (which i cant find, grml) buh said he wanted to give the teampage a new look anyway (and you can bed i´m afraid of that...) and is working on the tablets to have easer acces to statistics... this may be an opportunity to implement these suggestions... and talking bout statistics: more more more...

(if someone have a link to the old german forum with all those stat suggestions please pn me or post it here - thx in advance...)

greez deuse
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research."

Milton William Cooper

Bear

Re: general appearance

Post by Bear » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 pm

here is a thread which I unfortunately opened in the german part.

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=205

and I like your suggestions.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:31 pm

I´m working at the moment to realize such things. But additional i implement a new layout/design, so that it cost more time than you think.

Bear

Post by Bear » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:48 pm

I don't want to put the bite on you. Take your time and I'm sure we gonna like the new layout/design.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:39 am

I´ m not angry. If it sounds like this, it is because of my bad english...

I hope i have more time to work on it. Standard stuff like fairplay and so on cost much of the time i have for this :(

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:35 am

Why is Buhmann always angry?

But since you are working on the new design and will implement some changes:

- Deuseburgers ideas=all brilliant. I expect that the teampages etc. will look similar to the new racescreen. Where everything is sortable. Good. but, is it possible to make it copieable like it is now. Might be the only one, but for 4 years or so now after every training I copy my whole team to an excel file... I'd like to keep that doing.... at least make one thing copieable, if possible, not the most important thing tough..

- Add the number of races on the teampage, per rider I mean
- Add the number of victories per rider as well (stages/one day races and tours separated would be better)

Not on the team page, but the calendar:
- Add the number of riders in the overview as well. (Might be lesos job)

Btw, the old forum is gone it seems... checked the foren city support page as well, the whole place seems to be falling apart... we just changed in time!

Edit;

For the teampage

- Add creation of team. Keep first race, but creation of team is interesting too.
- Last race.
- Make sure ALL the transaction are recorded, right now for new teams they aren't.
- "ewige Punkte" on the teampage itself, only just realized it, they are not there. "aktuelle Punkte" and Division the same
- Add language.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:57 am

Would you see a problem, if we have a mixed design for a few weks (months?) ? Should mean, that on some sites there is the new design with the new tables and so on, but on other sites there are still the old tables. Problem i have is, that i need more time for this as i thought, because many individual things like the transfer market could cost much time to realize.
Take a look for a first impression here: http://www.radsportfreaks.com/radsport/cycling_news.php

Krom

Post by Krom » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:11 pm

Buhmann wrote:Would you see a problem, if we have a mixed design for a few weks (months?) ? Should mean, that on some sites there is the new design with the new tables and so on, but on other sites there are still the old tables. Problem i have is, that i need more time for this as i thought, because many individual things like the transfer market could cost much time to realize.
Take a look for a first impression here: http://www.radsportfreaks.com/radsport/cycling_news.php
It's no problem for me. I love the new design! Good work!
My spelling mistakes and grammer outgrowth are wanted and serve for general amusement.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:12 pm

Don't want to start a new thread, general appearance fits... kind of.
Since I have no riders atm, I finally get to see the stuff the new freaks get to see when they sign on.
Herzlich Willkommen bei Radsportfreaks. Um an die Rennen teilzunehmen müssen Sie sich erstmal 9 Fahrer auf dem "Transfermarkt" kaufen. haben Sie dies getan können Sie sich unter "Anmeldung" für ein Rennen anmelden. Achten Sie dabei auf die Uhrzeiten, und melden Sie sich am besten für ein Renen an an dem Sie Zeit haben, damit Sie es live fahren können und somit das Herzstück von Radsportfreaks kennenlernen. Viel Spaß!

Falls Sie Hilfe im Spiel brauchen haben Sie nun die Möglichkeit sich neben dem Forum von einem Mentor helfen zu lassen. er kann Tipps zu Teameinkauf, Taktik und zu allen anderen Bereichen geben.
Don't want to be a grammar nazi, but it looks really embarrassing.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:02 pm

Grammar nazi!

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 pm

And why you haven't marked the missing comma? ^^
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:27 pm

You cannot mark what's not there ^^