Stamina Project (5 years later)

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Yamaka Corse

Stamina Project (5 years later)

Post by Yamaka Corse » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:56 am

I still thinking (after 5 years) that reg need more importance.
While racers are on tempo, 5 km in red tempo is a thing, 10 km in red tempo probably is much more than losing energy.. you lose stamina!

(Stamina should be added to the super secret magic recipe between skills and energy!)

So could be very simple to do a Skillx - Stamina

Stamina = [(reg/10)- kmsum]

kmsum start as 3

Kmsum = Kmsum + fatigue

Fatigue = fatigue + 0,3 for red tempo or 0,2 for blue or tempo 0,1 for green tempo

As you can see the parameter kmsum start at 3 this give the chances to made 1 km in red tempo without any malus! (it could start at 2,5 but than a 60 reg guy can do 13 km in red tempo without malus)

This seems hard to understand so let's have an example

Alex von pippen is a climber that have
90 mountain 60 flat 35 reg

After the 1 km in red tempo he will push for 90 mountain and 60 flat kmsum now is 3,3
After 2 km in red tempo he will push for 89,9 mountain and 59,9 flat kmsum now is 3,6
after 10 km in red tempo he will push for 87,5 mountain and 57,5 flat kmsum now is 6

Edit: Always remember the formula: Stamina = [(reg/10)- kmsum]

This is the second part, when you jump off tempo the kmsum don't reset to 3 or 2,5

While not in tempo kmsum = kmsum - <[x + (energy / (2000 - reg))] /2>

x= 0,6 if no tempo in peloton
x= 0,4 if green tempo in peloton
x= 0,2 if blue tempo in peloton
x= 0,1 if red tempo in peloton

in our example the group is doing red tempo and Alex Von Pippen has 600 energy so the value of kmsum after 1 km out will be

kmsum = 6 - [(0,1 + (600 / 1965)) /2]
kmsum = 6 - [(0,1 + 0,3) /2]
kmsum = 5,8

While not in tempo Fatigue = Fatigue -( x /2)

This sistem can finally give us more strategic things :) (ofc is need some little changes, but I think is almost good)

Any suggestion?
Last edited by Yamaka Corse on Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokemon Club

Re: Stamina Project (5 years later)

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:07 am

I just wake up, what is difference between energy, stamina and fatigue ?

Yamaka Corse

Post by Yamaka Corse » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:59 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:I just wake up, what is difference between energy, stamina and fatigue ?
Energy is the current value of energy (1000 at km 0)
Stamina is the the malus your skill receve
Fatigue is how much your rider is tired

Idéfix wrote:Hey!

Presented like this I am pretty against it:

1 lack of rigor in the presentation, no definition of what is what,
2 no justification/explaination of the interest of it, excepted "give us things more strategic"
3 is adding more calculations for each rider each km a really good thing?
4 mathematically your system gives a malus (under certain conditions) to the riders on tempo. Is this really what RSF needs? Incitations to do even less tempo?

However, it is quite a probably realistic proposition, and a good thinking. But for the reasons I wrote, in the end, not so brilliant^^

1 Sorry about that, tried to explain it in the previous quote
2 Well after the sprintsistem someone asked to change also the mountain, talking about long long time ago but still in my mind + Reg is one of the most payed parameters but actually is only good for long tour.. that's sucks a bit don't you think?
3 Make game little more complex, but with a little graphic review should be very simple to understand (more than sprint actually :P )
4 Completely agree with you here! This is a Raw equation, Anyway we need another one for who don't made tempo.. that mean that the fatigue sistem need some change By the way I belive is just a problem in the raw fatigue system that can be solved with help of expert players.

4bis - Actually when you do red tempo on mountain other climbers can chose to fight or not, fighting they lose energy, sometimes an 85 sucking on 88 lose same energy than him, this is a good thing, but to me, that rider don't lose energy, it loose stamina, it means that an 85 with 65 reg can fight better than an 85 with 35 reg. Think is important difference we don't have actually.

4tris - Another thing can be the tempo yes togheder, the fatigue loss can be halfed or more based on how much riders are on tempo (this will increase the chances of cooperatation during sprint stages but also for escapers

Yamaka Corse

Post by Yamaka Corse » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:59 pm

Idéfix wrote:Yeah thx for the explainations :-)

For the 3. I was talking about the calculations of the system, not about the complexity for the players.
More calculations = the game's motor has to work more. RSF is down sometimes (long races, TTT, NCs...), do we need to add more system calculations each km for all riders? That is the question^^
That's a good question for Buhman :D I belive in the supercomputerpowa! :mrgreen:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:33 pm

Yamaka Corse wrote:
Idéfix wrote:Yeah thx for the explainations :-)

For the 3. I was talking about the calculations of the system, not about the complexity for the players.
More calculations = the game's motor has to work more. RSF is down sometimes (long races, TTT, NCs...), do we need to add more system calculations each km for all riders? That is the question^^
That's a good question for Buhman :D I belive in the supercomputerpowa! :mrgreen:
The calculation itself is ok, The problem is the number of request at the same time, it is why TTs and sieb on climb / pave can be buggy, it is why when there is several races which start at the same time one group can be buggy too. Anyway it isn't the subject.

I understand a bit your stamina thing but looks complicate. First you want to use reg when your calculation need a new skill as resistance or endurance I think.
And if there is a new skill the skill itself can be enough to determine how many energy the rider lose.
And if it is to have the game more strategic, instead of the green blue red we can maybe imagine to set the % of the power the rider want to go, something between 20 and 100% and which can be representate by a color (11 -> 40 = green, 41 -> 70 = blue, 71 -> 100 = red)