Sprint system

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

CircleCycle

Sprint system

Post by CircleCycle » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Time for a new one....
or give back the old one
there happens so much shit with the actual one

luques

Re: Sprint system

Post by luques » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:10 pm

Actually I think that the new one is better than the old one. It has some problems and it could be improved, but still I have some doubts on what the direction should be.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:37 pm

Direction doesn't matter, we can sprint sideways or backwards, if the basics of the system* stay, it will suck.

*Basics of the system=energy
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 am

Actually I think the basics of the current system are better than the old, BUT a hybrid of both would imo be the best option.

What that means? Keep the settings exxcatly as they are now but just simulate the sprint with those settings. Dont allow interaction while sprinting. All stupid tricksprints would be gone. We would still have the nice visual.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:48 am

sgumgub wrote:Actually I think the basics of the current system are better than the old, BUT a hybrid of both would imo be the best option.

What that means? Keep the settings exxcatly as they are now but just simulate the sprint with those settings. Dont allow interaction while sprinting. All stupid tricksprints would be gone. We would still have the nice visual.
So it isn't a hybrid but a comeback of the old system.
If you want a hybrid, let's give a -6/0 or -3/3 malus-bonus during the sprint, at least the sprint will be a bit less predictable.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:05 pm

the old system favored the last guy in train. you also couldnt say when the 2nd and 3rd guy will launch. Dont see your point

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:03 pm

sgumgub wrote:the old system favored the last guy in train. you also couldnt say when the 2nd and 3rd guy will launch. Dont see your point
The old system there was the 0/-6 malus during sprint.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
sgumgub wrote:the old system favored the last guy in train. you also couldnt say when the 2nd and 3rd guy will launch. Dont see your point
dont know what that was but sounds like another reason that this would NOT be like the old one^^

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:53 pm

here one point we need:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2587

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:31 pm

Hunsrueck wrote:here one point we need:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2587
Not sure if I would agree on this. At first glance it does look good and makes sense but there are factors that make this not possible imo.

- Will energy have an effect on the power of the flatrider?

If yes, then the one with all the good flat riders could be fucked if he actually uses them compared to someone who thinks to have weaker sprinter and just keeps the flat guy fit.

- What about hilly flat races?

Some courses need rather those 60-85 guys ( which are even more expensive) than the flat 50-88s. Will the one fith hill riders now be weaker? sounds stupid

- what about races that are flat 180km and only the last or last few kms are steep mountains? Will we do the same for mountain finnishes then as well?

I dont think that this would be a good idea. From my experience it happens often enough that the fields punnish you enough :D The thinking is right, but it is not something that could really be implemented. Way too much to consider.

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Worked in a lot of testraces great.

And Teams with two good sprinters and nogood flatguys should get a malus for the sprinter :lol:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:08 pm

sgumgub wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
dont know what that was but sounds like another reason that this would NOT be like the old one^^
It was what there was before the current sprintsystem and it works well. And it is what it miss really I think, a bit of random about the real strengh of sprinters. It can bring more chances of win for those who aren't favo but which have no bad sprinters/sprint teams, and it can bring more cooperation for MS between sprint teams too knowing there is a chance the bests get a malus and you no. The same for small group.

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:53 pm

Hunsrueck wrote:Worked in a lot of testraces great.

And Teams with two good sprinters and nogood flatguys should get a malus for the sprinter :lol:
You dont get it :D I am not trying to defend myself or anything as there will be different times anyway.

It is about the the questions and facts I stated. How do you make sure that this is all given? Then again do we only do it for sprints but also mountain finnishes? Will we do it for groups? If not, what number of riders will "activate" it? Will that number be dependant of number of different teams as well?

Just because I dont see it doesnt mean it is not possible of course. But the fact stands, I dont see how this would be possible