Why is there still no mute button for teams that tilt you?

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Lizard

Why is there still no mute button for teams that tilt you?

Post by Lizard » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:31 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, nice game, I like it!I just wondered - since there is a lot of trash talk in this game - why is there no function or button to mute a team in chat that shit talks and flames others? I think it's worth discussing if to put something like it in.
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

ProTour-Team

Re: Why is there still no mute button for teams that tilt yo

Post by ProTour-Team » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:51 pm

the talking is part of the game.. if you dont wanna react to it dont do so, if you think the trash talk is too much report it, but if somebody talking in a browsergame makes you tilt better stop your comeback :P

Lizard

Re: Why is there still no mute button for teams that tilt yo

Post by Lizard » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:18 am

ProTour-Team wrote:but if somebody talking in a browsergame makes you tilt better stop your comeback :P
Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna decide for myself what to do with my leisure time.

I just think the option should be available.
1. I do NOT think that talking is a necessary part of the game. If you ride in the breakaway, put your rider into tempo. It's a clear message, no need for talk. Let's just assume for the case that you don't like Allagen's jibber-jabber in every game, but you still know he's a solid manager and will react appropriately if hanging in your wheel when the attack comes. You don't really have to talk to make it work, do ya?
2. I still enjoy talking to many teams, therefore I'm not gonna mute them. Nevertheless, there's enough solid reason for someone to not wanna talk to a certain person, so why forbid the option? A single button to mute / unmute a team is not hard to implement.
3. From my experience with other video games in general (where you also play in teams and should highly consider communicating to have a chance at winning, here you don't have another manager in your team anyways) people tend to be dicks and shit talk no matter what. I'm used to way worse so I can ignore it, sure. It would still be benefitial for me enjoying the game not having to listen to that person. And yes, if you can't mute it, you're still gonna read it automatically. It's just human curiosity. I think enjoying a game is very important, and this looks to be a simple yet effective option to make the game more fun. It's also a lot more fun if others don't have to read an argument between two managers while trying to focus on a race.

I'm actually not bringing this up because of myself, rather because from my experience it's useful to have the option to do so and I was just sneaking through the forums a little and saw this thread: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4983

I just thought it'd been so much easier to enjoy the race for them if they didn't get triggered by each other there.
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)