Sitting

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Rastaman

Sitting

Post by Rastaman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Just got some sitting ideas:
Make a system where when a team found a sitter he needs to send a request to the sitter for being sitted (sitter has to accept).
By accepting, sitter can go on sitted teams account but with limited possibilities (not possible to do transfers etc)
When sitter comes on back again he has to finish the sitting and the sitter will get back to his own account.(could also help to know how much team is sitted in tour)
Sorry for not in detail but this is just a bit brainstorming and asking buh if something like this is possible.
Edit: Ideas and changes are always welcome :D

Rastaman

Re: Sitting

Post by Rastaman » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Just realised a problem is that you still can log in with pass and if we make one ip for each team we discriminate guys like gaurain.

Pedrocito

Post by Pedrocito » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:47 am

I don't want to argue about Rasta's idea, but about sitting too; so I'll write here.
Some guys won't agree with my proposal, but lets talk a bit.

In my mind, when you create a team, it's just to play. Not for glory. It's a game, when you win something, you can be proud of yourself. Yes, YOURSELF, not an other guy who is playing with your team.
You have the possibility to be sitted from time to time, but too many teams misuse, and I'm a little bit bored with that.
I don't understand how you can be happy if the result doesn't depend of your action. Ok, maybe you told the sitter to do that, but that's not the same thing...
Well, it's just my opinion, maybe nobody thinks like me, maybe I'm too "honest"; but that's not the fact here.

Here is my proposal: no points and no money gain if you are sitted. But you can lose money, for sure. Gain time (and boni, if there are) is more than enough to reward to guy who couldn't be there / didn't want to ride.

Roessing

Post by Roessing » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:28 pm

Pedrocito wrote:I don't want to argue about Rasta's idea, but about sitting too; so I'll write here.

In my mind, when you create a team, it's just to play. Not for glory. It's a game, when you win something, you can be proud of yourself. Yes, YOURSELF, not an other guy who is playing with your team.
You have the possibility to be sitted from time to time, but too many teams misuse, and I'm a little bit bored with that.
I don't understand how you can be happy if the result doesn't depend of your action. Ok, maybe you told the sitter to do that, but that's not the same thing...
Well, it's just my opinion, maybe nobody thinks like me, maybe I'm too "honest"; but that's not the fact here.

Here is my proposal: no points and no money gain if you are sitted. But you can lose money, for sure. Gain time (and boni, if there are) is more than enough to reward to guy who couldn't be there / didn't want to ride.
I see your point but let us not punish players who think differently than you

luques

Post by luques » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:49 pm

Pedrocito wrote:I don't want to argue about Rasta's idea, but about sitting too; so I'll write here.

I have nothing against this idea.

I think sitting is a good thing but often gets abused.

Actually the pros for sitting I think are:

1) You don't get out of the tour, in terms of GC time
2) You are in the race, your riders ride; in small groups one/two teams more or less can make the difference.

But agree that money and points can be also not given. The problem then is:
1) Buh won't implement it anyway
2) Even if Buh will implement it, some guys can just avoid the thing by not saying they are sitting.

But yes, the abuse of sitting is quite annoying, we said to put a certain % of stages that must be ridden, but nothing was decided. Time to move on.

Pedrocito

Post by Pedrocito » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:54 pm

yeah, I agree with 2nd point, I thought that too. That's a problem, guys have to be honest, and those I have in mind aren't all...