Pavé characteristics at C4F

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

team fl

Pavé characteristics at C4F

Post by team fl » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:05 am

As it's not really a bug but/feature but - in my opinion - unfortunate programming, i put this topic in here.

Well, the Tour des Pavés is over and again there were a lot of shortcomings to be seen when it's down to C4F physics on... well... pavé. In order to make it short and clear, I just to a list with the most common "anomalies":

- Riders with 0 power can't be dropped on pavé
- Rider in green tempo loses less power on pavé than on normal road.
- rolling peloton lost around 4-6 seconds per km only against the group in front riding green, instead of ~20 on the normal road.
- after falling below a certain power level (this is what our group experienced), riders lose less time on pavé against a chasing peloton, even with quite fit riders.
- the steeper a pavé part gets and the harder the pavé is (on it), the less selective it is for dropping riders (inverse selectivity), while attacking gets more effective. A good example is the Kemmelberg at Gent-Wevelgem with 9****. Usually even the helpers are able to keep up even with teams trying to split the main group. The same seems to count for climbs over 15%. But that's for another topic.

So that's it from my side until now. Maybe other users can add their comments to this topic. The spring classics are to start about in one and a half month. The most things I mentioned have been known for quite a while now. I think it's time to do somthing about it. Either until the beginning of March (Omloop at 1st), or after the Tour de France (where there will be at least one stage with pavé). But please, do something about it. It's the same discussion every year.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

luques

Re: Pavé characteristics at C4F

Post by luques » Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:35 pm

Are these bugs still present?

I know Buh changed the balance of pavè/hill, but for the rest have no idea.

Buhmann

Re: Pavé characteristics at C4F

Post by Buhmann » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:44 am

This issues should be fixed by the balance update in the middle of last year.