New race points/licence system

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

New race points/licence system

Post by Robyklebt » Sat May 11, 2013 7:17 pm

Yes yes, there probably is a thread in technic already... too lazy to look for it

I'm sure Buh and leso had some reason to implement that new system.
Racepoints for non paying players to be won by winning short races basically. What is it? Would be nice to share it with us. Because I don't really see the big advantages?

Positive I see:

+ Makes people ride short races.
+ Anti Multi, since now if you ride and win enough short races, you can ride a full programm without paying

Negative:

- Pro Multi, since winning short races using a multi or too would be pretty tempting.
- Pro "unrealistische Absprachen"... Hey, dude, I need one point. you too, let's ride twice and share the points?
- Seems to take away the advantage of paying (only seems IMO, having to ride short races hurts more than just paying...)

But ok, can we know the reasoning behind the new policy? What is the goal you want to achieve?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

glasgowracing

Re: New race points/licence system

Post by glasgowracing » Sat May 11, 2013 10:15 pm

I think I mentioned this twice already. But can't be bothered to look for the 1st time.
Earlier today I thought it might be a bug, but it isn't. Paying accounts get nothing when they win short races. This, I find, is very unfair. I have 6 days left on my licence or, in other words, 6 race points. I see no reason why a non-paying accout shall receive a race point, when I don't.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Sun May 12, 2013 3:31 pm

As far as I can tell, i just wanted to try a shortrace and i see some (suspected) multiguy with an overpowered team (climber + 2 80-70 + 78-80) who does the race on his own in front of all the other teams. Doesn't look like he's able to test the sprint system by riding this way. All about the free points i guess ? Or about his mental sickness that makes him ride 25 races a day and try so bad to win them all.
Anyway this is such a big bullshit. Cut the crap Buhmann.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon May 13, 2013 5:08 pm

NoPikouze wrote:[...] Cut the crap Buhmann.
100% agree. Ordinary short race: some teams with 2-4 sprinters, some teams with strong flatguys ---> escape, sometimes earns not a double, not a tripple but a quadruple win.

no way to "test" the new system, cause in the end you got up to 10 different groups. :lol:

thats bullshit.

EDIT: 100% agree with Glasgow above. Mentioned that point by myself in another thread. unfair that licenced manager didnt get racepoints.
anyway. just STOP giving race points for winning short races.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Mon May 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Why change? the old system was very good... especially for those who just do 5/10 races/month
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon May 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Sorry, but not good for us developers...we need to try something new.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon May 13, 2013 9:49 pm

Okay you want change the license system why not. But at least give real advantages for license players !!

- I don't need race points ? There is no problem to win it so not really an advantages.
- I can ride with my I-pad or my phone ? I don't care, I ride only on my computer.
- No advertising ? Sure it is better without, but it has no consquence in the game himself, so it isn't really an advantage.
- Refresh after 3 sec and not 10 sec ? A rule anti-sectric ? Funny.

And for the unlimited license :

- To have some scenes in C4F-TV !!? Coool !! Fantastic !!! But who looks on C4F-TV ??

I have no problem that the license-system was adapated and is more expensive. But please, give at least real advantages for license users, like cat 4-5-6 race only for them or better % in training or an higher salary cap or riders who are cheaper on the market or another thing.
But with the advantages you propose us, I see no reason to buy another license.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 pm

Then be lucky that you don´t need to buy a licence.

Of course we will see how easy/hard it will be to earn enough race points.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon May 13, 2013 10:27 pm

Depends
Ah ! And how work race points ? It is 5 RPs per month ? If we don't use all of them 1 month are they cumulate with RPs the next month ? Or RPs down at 5 the 1st of each months else if we had 17 RPs the day before ?

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon May 13, 2013 10:41 pm

racepoints ....
hella god. worst change ever.
well my license expires in 15 days and i got -38 racepoints left, what does that means?

do i have to win at least 39 races to be able to ride again?

Avaya

Post by Avaya » Mon May 13, 2013 11:03 pm

oh my godness. dat advantages. we had so much ideas about a new license system, to prevent multi/farmer teams and this is the result?
only 1x21y, 1x22y, 1x23y no higher bids than 130% and so on would be really great, cause they dont influence the game so much and new people wouldnt even recognize. People in Div 1-3 already paid for the license and prolly more..
You're right, the game must be financed by something, but THIS is the worst method ever.

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Mon May 13, 2013 11:06 pm

My Idea important races only for licence riders so like this giro it cost 50 racepoints but not 50 you ad to have a license to ride also kat 6 and kat 5 races, maybe also Campeanatos de los andes and december tour so all important races in RSF can´t ridden if you don´t have a license and for this it is not possible to buy a license for only 20 days or so, make minimum a half year or so.

Otherwise it don´t make much sense to buy a license

And so you can ride everyday but if you want to be an really important team in rsf you had to buy a license
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon May 13, 2013 11:53 pm

Avaya wrote:oh my godness. dat advantages. we had so much ideas about a new license system, to prevent multi/farmer teams and this is the result?
Bah against multi/farmer it don't loos so bad.

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Tue May 14, 2013 7:58 am

ATB - Racing wrote: [....}
well my license expires in 15 days and i got -38 racepoints left, what does that means?

do i have to win at least 39 races to be able to ride again?
now 14 days, but still -38, so negative racepoints

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue May 14, 2013 5:47 pm

Avaya wrote:oh my godness. dat advantages. we had so much ideas about a new license system, to prevent multi/farmer teams and this is the result?
only 1x21y, 1x22y, 1x23y no higher bids than 130% and so on would be really great, cause they dont influence the game so much and new people wouldnt even recognize. People in Div 1-3 already paid for the license and prolly more..
You're right, the game must be financed by something, but THIS is the worst method ever.
I like the ideas to prevent farming, too. But i am little bit afraid of giving licence users too many advantages. But i could make such a rule. the only reason it is not implemented yet is, that i am out sure if this is a good solution or not

luques

Post by luques » Tue May 14, 2013 7:57 pm

I like the new system for non-paying users.

Earning race point by winning the short races, i see many good things in this, but i think there should be a maximum number of race points (for example 30), so only license player can ride il Giro, Le Tour and La Vuelta, maybe do the same thing with classic of one day like Milano-Sanremo or Paris-Roubaix, and maybe to reset race point every month so every non paying player must play short races.

More people that play short races is good both for the developers and paying users: i think that who will play the short races will be mostly the non-paying users, they will spend on the website at least 20minutes and so there are more chances for the developers to make money from adv (whatever is the advertising model).
I think that if developers will make good money with advertising they will return back to the ex-price model for license (which i think is more fair for the benefits you get).

For those who complain about short races, i think that short races are before all RACES, so the aim is to win, you can also test but this is not imo the final goal (there are ttt races, mountain stages... i don't think in these races you expect to test the sprint maybe test a strategy).
As there is written in the shortraces intro page
"These races are only for fun, testing and earning race-points. You will not get any points or money for winning such races."
, sorry guys but i don't have fun to finish second :)

The problem for short races imo is the differences there are between teams (maybe don't allow to put retired and actual cyclist but only generated from the system so that everyone starts like the others), after if one team in a flat stage or in a mountaing stage attacks it is his right, if i don't have a sprinter in my team because i prepare my team for a mountain stage why i can't try? The problem is in the difference of values, not in the fact that people don't want test the ms.
Pro "unrealistische Absprachen"... Hey, dude, I need one point. you too, let's ride twice and share the points?
This is something already happens in real long races (for example agreements between people of the same country), it is well written in the rules that everyone has to ride for his interests and to make the best result to him; this rule applies both in short and long races. If there is this behavior this must be reported in the fair play forum.
Anyway if this model will remain like this i don't think that will be so easy to have for two short races in a row the same people (ok maybe now i give you the victory but if after comes a third manager??)

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue May 14, 2013 9:47 pm

Well time for a little atomic cloud

First of all...Making the licence a little bit more expensive is ok, imo it was almost too cheap all the years...
But

isn't it time we get a regular support with bugs and questions, not a support who looks into the different topics sometimes 9,10 times / day and sometimes not even once in 2,3 days?

i know RSF is only a project in your free time, next to the job...but why don't you get yourself some help out of the community.....there are around 100 topics in the technique areas without any comment..ok, maybe not 100...but it feels that way...it's well known there's the secret, hidden developer area...but what sense makes this area, when there are sometime months without any comment, reaction, new post...for me it feels that way: you got some spare time, let's do something fast and then let's do some roundabout fixing of the neccessary things...and no it's only the sprint i'm tlaking about...transfermarket is also a funny topic...remember the months and overexaggerated said years we had this bug and that bug and some other bug with it...and some damn motherfuckers knew these bugs and used them...and the only thing the community read was: "ok, x y was lucky to get yz cheap, cheaper or sooner then others"

especailly bug-fixing needs some attention
- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3470 - was opened in january 2013, not one post from buhmann and this bug is still appearing
- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3609 - also an interesting topic...from april...
- the good old steep km bug...appears also from time to time
- viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3686 - and what happened to this nice topic or the tour in general? leso was online while the race, fixed something...problems still there, no one to fix near

and there are enough other topics without any comment...i guess a good amount of them are fixed, but then a short comment or a short thing like "in work" would be nice to know it's at least interesting or recognised..sometimes it seems to me you mostly answer only to topics which aren't difficult or which don't cost you any trouble with 5,6 angered or asking users or maybe already answered in other threads...

and what about the big funny of bunch of clowns you made out of the FC and NC? ok, NC...the endless discussion about Hansa...but well, Ruhr seems also not to be the best choice as you could read he's also inactive and has the same non-self-assertion as Hansa

FC...it was a good idea to invent this thing...i won't talk about special persons in the comitee and their failures..i guess everybody knows who and what...i'm talking about your failures...it was the fact in my time 2,3 years ago...open threads and topics for weeks and months...or topic which were closed after a half year and nobody knows what happend...suggestions about fines and you don't react in any way...sometimes you got a good day and close 3,4 topics at one day and do something...weeks and months after the incident..inactive or idiotic users in the comitee who cost other memebers every motivation...or as current example...the ptt/pavler whatever case...open for more then y ear and till know not one statement by the administration...you made the fc members a bunch of clowns, cause they can't answer to the comm and every 2,3 weeks we can read something like "fc, nothing happens, useless members..."...no it's the boss in this case

isn't it time we get a calendar which isn't only the responsibility of Leso? i ask leso since more then 2 years to get himself some help with the calendar, cause some regular, expirienced users even better active race-designers who are able to alter categories, who are able to put some races into the calendar, for example stuff like drawn tours which are ready 1,2 days before they start or some late changes at stages or can handle stuff like Oman this year...remember? i spoke to leso at saturday, that the stage should be altered by Taka, cause it was simply wrong...taka finished the stage sunday afternoon...leso saw the change monday while the day and three editions of oman were already started...it seems to me leso is sometimes simply overwhelmed...mistakes happen, but they shouldn't...remember ghent-wevelgem...we had the new drawn race and rode the old version from a year ago - remember some strange changes with race categories...or another example race x was 2008-11 cat 4, then one year cat 3 and the next one cat 4 again...or every year the same with lower div teams at classics and monuments...or some time ago a real world championchip which wasn't ridden at the original date, cause of fucking La Franco Belge

hm, ok..enough for the moment..i got some more on my chest..maybe later or some other days...summary...RSF is a free-time or spare-time project with a really good community, active guys...buhmann and leso are no idiots, they just c handle the amount of work or maybe even the grown size of rsf is just too much for only 2 persons ...dear administration...get some help out of the comm, ...maybe you have some guys with good knowledge of coding...who can help you with some new, old, buggy features...they don't need special grant on the database or the scripts...get some help for the calendar, for the facts i posted above...collect something like a small councill who can discuss new possible features or improvements...RSF > 2 guys...maybe wrong topic, feel free to cut it out and put it in a new thread
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:39 am

Oh a last complaint on my behalf: The same "bug" as it used to be with the other licence system.
When your licence is finished, you have 0 points to finish the month. Why do you give 0 points for someone who used to pay for the game and 5 or 10 points for people who never did ??

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:19 pm

Nobody gets any free points anymore.
Ok, beginners probably, but only once.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 pm

Oh too bad... How am I supposed to ride a couple of races now...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:55 pm

Buy a license!
Or do short races:)

Vea Olio

Post by Vea Olio » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:41 pm

For me this isn't right, because the managers that can't buy a license or can't play short races, are penalized. I am among these, and if this don't change for me the game ends... :?

Black-Star

Post by Black-Star » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:12 am

Why cant you ride some short races? Just do 1 short race while riding a real race and you are fine.

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:23 am

Black-Star wrote:Why cant you ride some short races? Just do 1 short race while riding a real race and you are fine.
???

and to be sure that you win it, set up some transition teams and rode in a race with them together :roll: :lol: 8-)
that ugly f**** $§%%§&/&%/ bitch ptt, maurice prooved that this works perfect.

at least add a countdown, when the short race, starts. i dont know how many races i missed because didnt realize when it started.
i totally agree with vea

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 am

Hard to believe that somebody is not able to buy a licence anyway.... as it's ridiculously cheap (15 € for 365 days).
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.