Shortraces

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Hansa

Shortraces

Post by Hansa » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:22 pm

You everytime get shitty sprinter maybe it should be possible to take some Dummy rider but you can choose between some so you can decide you want sprinter or a flat or a classic, they also can be bad but better then sprinter
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

Robyklebt

Re: Shortraces

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:01 pm

Just a question: I can nominate both active and former riders for short races now. Why? And salary covered til 175k.... ? What does this all mean?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:36 pm

No salary for short races. Stupid display here.
You can inscript retired riders and riders which are not riding a real race or tour at the moment. It is better for new players, because there are able to test their team.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:17 pm

What I'm currently missing is some information when the race will start (while still in sign-up phase). To me it seems random, but usually taking a few minutes. If you then go away for a moment, the chance is there, that you miss the whole race.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed May 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Race starts:

Again I'm in a race with 4 dummies, Petit Singe 1-4
Maybe change the system a tiny little bit?

Show a countdown when the race is supposed to start.

If a new team inscribes, delay the start for 2' so that the "new" team has enough time to inscribe its riders if he has any....

Or make a "ready" button, if the team has made its inscription, click ready, and then it can start or something like that...
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed May 15, 2013 12:40 pm

Okay, I made 5 short races since yesterday, 4 times a mountain profil, and the last a TTT. I don't know if I am just in an unlucky series, but some teams looks disadvantage to earn racepoints. So please, if short races are always in mountain, adapt at least dummies for people who have any climbers or classics in their teams, thanks.

Ahh...and Auto-Bot autotempo looks annoying too

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Mon May 20, 2013 7:15 pm

Pokemon Club wrote: [...]

Ahh...and Auto-Bot autotempo looks annoying too
This is by far the most annoying thing!

All you need to bring along is 2 mountain riders, 2 sprinters; the Auto Bots, will hold the crowd.
Makes sense. .....

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Mon May 20, 2013 8:40 pm

There are teams (one of them is trbojevic) who has 4 riders in the team and riders short races with them.
4 mountain guys. Totally senseless, as he'll win mountain stages, but nothing else. It's a waste of time.
Teams should not be allowed to participate in short races with their own riders, as long as they don't have a team (9 riders and more), which is allowed to compete in real races too

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Thu May 23, 2013 4:16 pm

PLEASE stop these STUPID Auto Tempo by the bots.....
IMPOSSIBLE to get a race, you cant attack you cant do anything.
If a new player joins c4f and see this bullshit, I doubt that he will stay for long.

BITTE nehmt das Autotempo, der Autobots, welches komplett sinnloss ist (um nich schwachsinng zu schreiben)
aus dem Spiel.
Man kann 0,0 taktieren, das macht definitiv keinen Spass.
Zudem soll das ja auch gedacht sein um Neulingen das Spiel schmackhaft zu machen ...
Da frag ich mich ernsthaft wie das funktionieren soll? Wenn ich das sehen würde und dann daraus ableiten,
dass es eventuell in jedem Rennen so aussehen würde, wäre ich sehr schnell wieder weg.

Eine Anmerkung noch: DIe hat Radunion glaube ich neulich schonmal gemacht. Und zwar ist es irgendwie auch
nicht so richtig Neueinsteigerfreundlich, dass man keine "Tour" durchs Spiel machen kann.
Ich glaube ich hätte mich nicht mal eben auf Verdacht angemeldet um dann zu hoffen, dass ich nen cooles Spiel
vorfinde.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Fri May 24, 2013 11:29 pm

glasgowracing wrote:There are teams (one of them is trbojevic) who has 4 riders in the team and riders short races with them.
4 mountain guys. Totally senseless, as he'll win mountain stages, but nothing else. It's a waste of time.
Teams should not be allowed to participate in short races with their own riders, as long as they don't have a team (9 riders and more), which is allowed to compete in real races too

Allowing teams with less than 9 riders to participate in short races leads to them comstantly resetting their team. This is nonsense, as they'll not get encouraged to build good teasm, just reset and have a team for the next race. That's not really the spirit of this game, isn't it?

One way to help them would be disallow them from using their own riders in short races, they just buy 4 great riders for 15 million and use them in short races.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Fri May 24, 2013 11:29 pm

glasgowracing wrote:There are teams (one of them is trbojevic) who has 4 riders in the team and riders short races with them.

Allowing teams with less than 9 riders to participate in short races leads to them comstantly resetting their team. This is nonsense, as they'll not get encouraged to build good teasm, just reset and have a team for the next race. That's not really the spirit of this game, isn't it?

One way to help them would be disallow them from using their own riders in short races, they just buy 4 great riders for 15 million and use them in short races.

Latest example is paulogarcao who has 4 climbers, but nothing else.
Last edited by glasgowracing on Fri May 24, 2013 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue May 28, 2013 11:23 pm

Now we have no mountain races. Furthermore race start when 5 teams are inscripted or when you wait since 15 minutes. If fewer than 4 real teams are in the race, it will be only a sprint race (2 km). Hope we have more nice races then and not so many boring races.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Wed May 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Buhmann wrote:Now we have no mountain races. Furthermore race start when 5 teams are inscripted or when you wait since 15 minutes. If fewer than 4 real teams are in the race, it will be only a sprint race (2 km). Hope we have more nice races then and not so many boring races.
It would be good to have a counter, so we know when a race starts. Now it's between 1 second and 15 minutes. Or maybe a sound playing when the race starts. It's very annoying to have to check all the time, if a race has started or not.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Wed May 29, 2013 11:00 pm

no more mountain races? 6, 6, 5, 6, -2, -3, -5 at the end is not a mountain race?

luques

Post by luques » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:08 am

After playing many many many short races i give my opinion on this topic:

First, i think that short races are a new good feature, who is on the site can play more than 1 time a day and he gets rewarded with 1 race point for staying on the website.

Now let's go with the bad things:

1) Give us an alert when the race is starting, this is really something should be done, especially now that when there are less than 4 teams you have to wait 15minutes and play 2km (and if you don't set the sprint you are out).

2) Don't let teams with less than 9 riders play short races, if you don't want to play this game seriously (i mean with real races) you can also go out, so you destroy teams built only for short races.

3) 15 minutes waiting for a short race imo is too much, especially if this is long only 2km, i wait 15 minutes to play 3 minutes??? 10 minutes would be surely better imo.

And now the big thing:

The problem in short races is not the flat stage, the mountain stage, the team time trial stage... but the riders who are in!
Before have all flat stages what people do? They build a strong classic team good in every stage (maybe one with better mountain the other with better sprint skills)

Now that you have almost all short races with flat stages what people do? If they see that there are not many opponents they know there will be a sprint so they make a super strong sprint team (with 3 maybe 4 sprinters), if they see that they are already in 4-5 they put in 3 good flat riders and 1 good flat rider with high skill in sprint and so this become a race between flat skilled riders.

So nothing changed, before the favo were the classic riders, now sprinters or high flat skill riders, simply shifted the problem.
My first proposal (i admit not perfect but can improve the system imo):

1) Let's go back to random profiles, time trials, mountain, hills, flat, and 2km sprinting: but make it random, people don't have to know. Or at least don't make a rule like now, if riders are more than 5 you have this if less a sprint, make it random, so people will not create a total flat team or total sprint team.

2) People now can choose all the 4 riders, so it is easy for them to build a specialized team, what about if they can choose... no one! all assigned by the system or maybe 2 by the system and 2 by the player. I tell this for at least 2 reasons: first, actually high div team can make a better formation than a low div team and i think in short races this should be limited , second i thought about this idea while thinking about motorsports, GP2, Moto2 they give to all the same car (same riders) and after is the ability of the driver (in our case the manager) to make the difference.

Anyway the concepts behind what i said are: 1) If the manager doesn't know what he will get, there will be not specialized teams. 2) Give more equalized races by giving similar riders.

Sorry to be long as usual, i want to make the point, hope that this can be useful. Good short races!

P.S. Does the fair play rules apply also to short races? Are these modified? Because with the excuse that some don't read the chat, happen to me more than 1 time that one of the player attacked with all the 4 flat riders at the first km, and as the race is short is much difficult to get them!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Lots of good points by luques.

1 important point of course is the anti-climbers stuff, no mountain races, all for sprinters now? Great, what's the point?

For the rest, agree with luque except for point 2, the second point 2.

luques

Post by luques » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:50 pm

Please Leso&Buh give race point only to races with more than 1 participant.
I think it is not correct for those who pay and for those who plays during the day. Yes, because the great part of short races with 1 player is in the early morning.

Why is not correct and fair?

1) It is supposed that in short races there should be a battle to win a race point, so this is an advantage for those who pay that don't want to spend time.
But if you ride only against the BOT, it is simple to win (need only you have a sprinter and the race point it's taken), in this way some people for example from Japan can play in night hours against no one and win 5-10 race points easily (that are 5-10 days of license)

2) For the non paying users it's almost the same thing. Maybe one can be online from 10AM to 10PM with a lot of opponents and do the same result of one who is online from 2AM to 6AM against no one, only because the second has an advantage of hour or has nothing to do in his life...

Last thing, recently i saw that when the short race has more than 4players and i am the 5th,6th etc... i almost have no time to set my riders (often he take only two of four) please give us some more time and put a timer to know when it starts.

Thanks ;)

luques

Post by luques » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I give a little re up by adding some new things.

1) Please insert random races and put also ttt, what i mean with random races? i mean that if there are less than 4 players it is not sure that the race is a 2km sprint. Why this? because i saw players that have a sprinter team, or older players with retired riders putting in 4 sprinters, the race is practically no-sense, easy win for the older players that can put in 4 95 sprinters... after it is quite clear that new players build teams with 3 sprinters, they need them to win short races (3 sprinters 9x and 1 given by the computer (a 92 if i remember well)).

I would say to put races random, so every team has to put the best and balanced line up he can do.

And ttt too are useful also for all players, as we don't do many of them during the year maybe some could use it to learn how to ride it, try some new tactics and so on :)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:01 am

We had random races at the first. But it was not desired, so we changed it to this. I would prefer short TT and TTT.

luques

Post by luques » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Buhmann wrote:We had random races at the first. But it was not desired, so we changed it to this. I would prefer short TT and TTT.
You are right Buh, actually i can't speak for all the community, as you see i am the only one posting in short race topic since some weeks (or months) :)

I think that TT and TTT can be useful for at least 2 reasons:

1) Settings of TT and TTT are one of the thing most asked by the new users, and i think that short races should have also a didactic/test objective; if i want to test how many energies i lose for a TT setted at 90%, or if i want to see how risk impact my performance in TT surely it's good if i can do it in short races (in real races there are only few).

2) In the upcoming months there will be at least three tours (Andes, December and January Tour) that will have TT or/and TTT, so i think that we all need practising :mrgreen:

P.S. Thanks for the timer, now i am sure i won't miss a short race ;)

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:04 pm

TTT you ride with more than 4 riders normally
testing things would be ok but than you have to know first that it is a TT or TTT.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:35 am

Could you add some wind on short races (hapazard wind)? need to do some test :)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:05 pm

Is there always no wind in short races?

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:46 pm

Yes, if i believe pokemon

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:09 am

NicoVanarlo wrote:Yes, if i believe pokemon
Nono Uni, I said you "same short race = same weather", not that there is no wind ^^