beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

sylvainmeteo

Re: beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Post by sylvainmeteo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:16 am

Pokemon Club wrote:And where is the bug ? The guy launch his train and stop his effort when he finish his work is a bug ? There is nothing scandalous for this function
If you see real sprints, when someone launch for Cavendish about 400 to 200 to go, when Cavendish moves, the launcher completely stop his effort, and 95% of ths guys behind him are able to avoid him without blocking, so for me this improvement is closer to the reality than to be blocked himseld when you are along the barriers... :?

I don't see the problem in it... ;)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:26 pm

The problem is just that it looks weared to have a ghost rider. But in fact i think it is more realistic than before, because before that every time someone blocked someone and it is not like that in real. At least not that a launcher blocks other sprinters every time. I think this just happens only very few times in real races.

My problem is that still there are a hell of teams with 3-4 sprinters which just isn't that realistic and just suck. I'd like to see that at the beginning of the sprint flat is much more important (or the only important thing) and that the sprint value becomes more and more important until it is just the sprint skill that counts from maybe 250-200 meters from the finish line...
This would maybe help to make things more normal and that it is just worth to have 2 sprinters + maybe a flat rider with good sprint or a 80-80 flat/sprint. Something like that.
Rodrigo Tellez - Winner of Tour Down Under 2023!!!

Siempre Campeones! Hala Galacticos!!

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

radekdeboktor

Post by radekdeboktor » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:14 am

I'd like to propose a little change in AI for short races. Usually, 8x sprinters launch 92 sprinters. Now, that 8x sprinters should be set to "Make room and finish sprint" for avoid blocking the 92 one
Team Boktorense

Rastaman

Post by Rastaman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 pm

In shortrace i already got this bug for a while:

so i did those settings

( at the time before i sprint teamrasta 4 was following and kevin mcferrin being launching)

at the time sprint begun jac wasnt in the train.
log said he couldnt find a wheel while he supposed to be in teamrasta 3's wheel, i also checked it sometimes because it isnt the first time i have that bug.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:15 pm

Did one of your riders launce the sprint? Or follow another guy?

Rastaman

Post by Rastaman » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:40 pm

Buhmann wrote:Did one of your riders launce the sprint? Or follow another guy?
I launched, just same bug like roby or poke ones.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 pm

Yes, i hope so. Should be fixed now.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Hello Buhmann, could you fix the problem when tired riders are faster with not sprinter than after 200/300m sprint, please decrease default speed, even in fresh groups, you can't overtake more than 2 or 3 riders, that's too low, IRL in a sprint of 10 riders, we can gain 5/6 spots in 50/100m quite easily..., it's far too high, especially in little group sprints, where in real there's looking a lot for each other...
that's not realistic...
Thanks in advance

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 pm

You mean that riders which are not sprinting should be slower, right? Yes, it is on my to do list.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:40 pm

(extract of Re: Sprinttrain bug, like always 2)

Buhmann » Mer Nov 06, 2013 8:28 pm
Buhmann wrote:If your rider had no setting after the sprint initialisation, it is not very comfortable, yes. But no bug. And principle your fault, because you did not make settings when the real sprint starts. Furthermore you have not build a clear train. Tsukiko helps Dragomir? Than you can be lucky that Dragomir did not start behind him.

I will check if i can make it comfortable, but as you see no bug -> wrong (nonsense) thread name -> wrong forum -> closed
If my rider have no settings AFTER sprint initialisation whereas he had settings BEFORE, it is YOUR fault, not MINE. Not a clear train ? And ? He should follow first or second rider, not follow 1 and after stop to follow him for X reason. So yes it is a bug.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Buhmann wrote:You mean that riders which are not sprinting should be slower, right? Yes, it is on my to do list.
Yes, exactly (and would be nice that it must be proportional to the energy that the rider remain ;) to avoid bad sprints in tired escape when 90% of the result is done by placement at 500 to go...)

luques

Post by luques » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:59 am

Uhm, today it was possible to scroll down in the sprint (not only left-right but also up and down), working on something? never happened before :mrgreen:

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 am

Buhmann wrote:You mean that riders which are not sprinting should be slower, right? Yes, it is on my to do list.
urgent...it's kind of a joke when guys who are sprinting only have a gap of 1cm with sprinting against a pack of rolling guys
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Rockstar Inc wrote:
urgent...it's kind of a joke when guys who are sprinting only have a gap of 1cm with sprinting against a pack of rolling guys
+1 ;)

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:03 pm

It happened again yesterday, 3 guys escape sprint with around 400 at the start, the 3rd guy sprinted from 100 while the 2 in front if him didn't sprint, he only overtake 1 bike and a half (with 56 sprint, 1st have 58 and 2nd 48), that's just stupid, just useless to sprint earlier than 100m, and it makes just no fun at all...

luques

Post by luques » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:18 pm

sylvainmeteo wrote:It happened again yesterday, 3 guys escape sprint with around 400 at the start, the 3rd guy sprinted from 100 while the 2 in front if him didn't sprint, he only overtake 1 bike and a half (with 56 sprint, 1st have 58 and 2nd 48), that's just stupid, just useless to sprint earlier than 100m, and it makes just no fun at all...
Yep, even less funny that one didn't sprint :D

Anyway, should be much more evident the distance i agree; Should be something like that all stops and look each other, and if one starts and no one follows should be a good avantage, surprise effect!

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:29 pm

luques wrote:
sylvainmeteo wrote:It happened again yesterday, 3 guys escape sprint with around 400 at the start, the 3rd guy sprinted from 100 while the 2 in front if him didn't sprint, he only overtake 1 bike and a half (with 56 sprint, 1st have 58 and 2nd 48), that's just stupid, just useless to sprint earlier than 100m, and it makes just no fun at all...
Yep, even less funny that one didn't sprint :D

Anyway, should be much more evident the distance i agree; Should be something like that all stops and look each other, and if one starts and no one follows should be a good avantage, surprise effect!
That's we miss in the game, thanks to underline this... didn't find the word for it ^^

luques

Post by luques » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:55 pm

I have a question, now there is a new feature, if who follows can't make a better sprint of who is sprinting and start sprint he remain on follow right?

But who remain behind lose something in terms of energy? Because if who is behind don't lose nothing, this feature give him a little advantage no? I mean, if the manager makes the sprint in the wrong moment he is saved, because his rider will automatically follow.

If i understand it right :)

olmania

Post by olmania » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Buh, seriously ... sprint is so shitty now, especially in small groups. If you launch from more than 100-150m = dead. No suspense, no fun, nothing interesting !
Was even better before. Need to adjust the speed in sprint NOW.
Can't wait anymore.

olmania

Post by olmania » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 pm

olmania wrote:Buh, seriously ... sprint is so shitty now, especially in small groups. If you launch from more than 100-150m = dead. No suspense, no fun, nothing interesting !
Can't wait anymore.

Up :mrgreen:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:51 am

olmania wrote:
olmania wrote:Buh, seriously ... sprint is so shitty now, especially in small groups. If you launch from more than 100-150m = dead. No suspense, no fun, nothing interesting !
Can't wait anymore.

Double Up

olmania

Post by olmania » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:25 am

Pokemon Club wrote:
olmania wrote:
Can't wait anymore.

Double Up

Up :!:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:43 pm

olmania wrote:
Pokemon Club wrote:
olmania wrote:
Can't wait anymore.

Double Up

Up :!:

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:34 pm

I push again...

luques

Post by luques » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:52 pm

Well guys, the "push" thing is made for a post that is going down or in another page and we want to bring it to attention...

This post is since 20 days (probably more) on the top of the page, so pushing it won't make it more important then what it is now :lol:

Another thing, every time you "push", write "what you are pushing" because in a generic post like this there are hundreds of proposals, and with a page of "up", you make it less readable ;)