beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

skull

Re: beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Post by skull » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Hello Buhmann,
what RS Ostfriesland did to your Jakob Hanuter today is the effect i was talking about.
Maybe your changes need a little adjustment because it still seems possible.
You know you love me.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:50 pm

Yes, that is the other thing. I will integrate such thing:
Buhmann wrote:That's interesting :) but keep flat as a factor, like 20/25% against 75/80% sprint, like that sprinters with 65 flat and 90 sprint still have a chance against 55 flat avec 95 sprint guys, but if it's 100% sprint, 96/97 sprint will get the wheel that they want 99% of the time...
Means: If the riders launches the sprint, flat will ahve a big impact (~50%). If he is only following a rider: ~20%
I think that should fix this problem, too.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:50 pm

I finish the implemenation for this, but it is not yet online.
Furthermore i implement the following sprint function: "Make room and finish sprint". That means: The rider will not block anymore (own riders and opponents), but for him the finish ends and he will not be able to influence the sprint anymore.
If you don´t see problems with that i would put it online.

Mangahn

Post by Mangahn » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:15 am

I think the "make room" is a terrible idea. How should this work?
Der Fahrer kann sich nicht in Luft auflösen. Wenn er keinen Platz hat um irgendwohin zu gehen hat er keinen Platz.

Das ist halt eines der taktischen Probleme, die beim Rennen gelöst werden müssen bzw. die vorausbedacht sein müssen.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:51 am

You would see it on the display. The rider will be transparent and stay between two sprintslots...Of course it is not perfect, but as i understood the community it is prefered.

Als ich mit deiner Argumentation kam wurde mir vorgeworfen das sei nur eine billige Ausrede. Ich denke halt das würde den Sprint frustresistenter gestalten. Ausserdem scheint es gewolltnzibsein, zumindet die Spieler die ich gehört hatte fanden es unnrealistisch dass der eigene Fahren keinen Platz machen kann

RS Ostfriesland

Post by RS Ostfriesland » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:12 am

Variable width of the street dependent on teams in the race.
Maybe thats a solution for the problem.
http://www.jans-fotogalerien.de

Anonymer RSFler: ich trink glaub ich 2 mal im jahr alk und einmal resette ich :-D

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:27 pm

That would be more unrealistic, so i don see the advantage of this.

RS Ostfriesland

Post by RS Ostfriesland » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:50 pm

More slots for trains, so we have more space and less blocked riders in big fields.
http://www.jans-fotogalerien.de

Anonymer RSFler: ich trink glaub ich 2 mal im jahr alk und einmal resette ich :-D

Mangahn

Post by Mangahn » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:54 pm

I see your point, buhmann. But thats realy not realistic. And not more fun.

All times I talked to manager who dislike the aktual sprint they say its to far away from rl.
Well, thats not importand for me and for ms I find the new system not bad. (For small groups I realy dislike it).
But make the sprintsystem better by make it more unrealistic... I´m nearly sure thats the wrong way.

The frustrationsargument is understandable. But I still believe its a terrible change. Not systeminharent.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm

Mangahn wrote:

All times I talked to manager who dislike the aktual sprint they say its to far away from rl.
%§You can talk to managers who like it too :lol:

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:27 pm

i will wait for other opinions, but i really think that most players would like such a function

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Buhmann wrote:i will wait for other opinions, but i really think that most players would like such a function
I love it !

skull

Post by skull » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:37 pm

i love it too
You know you love me.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:52 pm

I like it also ;)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Buhmann wrote:You would see it on the display. The rider will be transparent and stay between two sprintslots...Of course it is not perfect, but as i understood the community it is prefered.

Als ich mit deiner Argumentation kam wurde mir vorgeworfen das sei nur eine billige Ausrede. Ich denke halt das würde den Sprint frustresistenter gestalten. Ausserdem scheint es gewolltnzibsein, zumindet die Spieler die ich gehört hatte fanden es unnrealistisch dass der eigene Fahren keinen Platz machen kann

perhaps it is possible to let him fall back between 2 lines not like a ghost

if other riders block me its ok but the own riders its for me idioticly ... a place to ride left or right is in RL sprint normaly possible on the side of the street

The other thing for me is, that the whole street is blocked at the start ... in normal you see 1,2 or 3 trains the rest is behind the sprinters in RL ... dont know who to change it, but the start of the sprint looks really not like in a real race.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:50 am

Seems it still true that some riders are on hold in the sprint. Happend yesterday at 15h, when first they did not show up at all, at 400m they showed up like one rider (all over themselves in fact, see the screen shot), and at 350m at the end of everything with no chance at all.

I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:11 pm

Hey seriously... What kind of idiocy is this ?!

3 man sprint, 1 guy sprinting early and taking a little gap (like 5 cm on the screen) versus the 2 non sprinters.
after a while, he's at 200 "energy" and the non sprinters start getting back. And they are even overtaking him while they are doing NOTHING.

AND YOU BOTHER MAKING SOME STUPID "DISAPPEAR OF THE SPRINT" BUTTON ?? omg.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Freudenfeuer

Post by Freudenfeuer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:20 am

@ All: Ich als einer der schlecht englisch kann, vor allem was die Feinheiten hier im sprint angeht, ( Ich muß das ja mal endlich lernen ;) ich kann es immer noch nicht richtig :( ) Wäre mir sehr geholfen wenn die neuen Funktionen und Neuerungen auch was unter News steht mal bitte auf Deutsch geschrieben wird.
Nur einen langen Text auf deutsch im deutschen Forum. Denke das lässt sich doch machen..............! Habe zwar ein Übersetzungsprogramm, aber das sagt mir nicht alles......!!!!! Ich glaube, darüber wären auch andere Teams dankbar
bergwerk: Freude is a "Spielverderber" ... i dont know the english word for that ... a gamekiller?

gary moore rocks..............

olmania

Post by olmania » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:47 am

With your new changes it's impossible to sprint from far away, after launching and 200m sprint, the guy who's sprinting, starts to move back and don't have enough energy to finish. Really nice. Killing lots of possible tactics we had before.

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:22 pm

The DEFAULT SPEED is still too high! always the problem that a guy sprint from 500 and after 200m sprint he's slower than the guys who don't sprint, please reduce default speed, that's annoying, and we can't try from far as OL said...
In escape with 200 energy remaining, that's even worse, you can only gain 1 bike length with sprint against the guys who don't sprint, that's unreal...

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:34 pm

sylvainmeteo wrote:The DEFAULT SPEED is still too high! always the problem that a guy sprint from 500 and after 200m sprint he's slower than the guys who don't sprint, please reduce default speed, that's annoying, and we can't try from far as OL said...
In escape with 200 energy remaining, that's even worse, you can only gain 1 bike length with sprint against the guys who don't sprint, that's unreal...
What about this so? that's annoying for the guys who start from far behind the trains or when you are the 5th rider in a escape... they can't surprise anyone, because they are too far, but in some sprints IRL the riders are almost stopped before launching...

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:49 am

Code: Select all

Again a little improvement of the finish sprint:A new function "Make room and finish sprint" is available.That means: The rider will not block anymore (own riders and opponents), but for him the finish ends and he will not be able to influence the sprint anymore. Furthermore the impact of the flat value (for downhill and climbing the same) for the initial sprint position has changed: If the riders do not launch the sprint, the sprint value will be more important than before. For launching the sprint nothing changed.

that sounds like a joke or a bug. ghost sprinter? oh my god, are you kidding me or just drunk buhmann? what´s the problem with blocking riders? that makes the sprint interessting. but now it´s just a bad joke.
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:12 am

Allagen wrote:

Code: Select all

Again a little improvement of the finish sprint:A new function "Make room and finish sprint" is available.That means: The rider will not block anymore (own riders and opponents), but for him the finish ends and he will not be able to influence the sprint anymore. Furthermore the impact of the flat value (for downhill and climbing the same) for the initial sprint position has changed: If the riders do not launch the sprint, the sprint value will be more important than before. For launching the sprint nothing changed.

that sounds like a joke or a bug. ghost sprinter? oh my god, are you kidding me or just drunk buhmann? what´s the problem with blocking riders? that makes the sprint interessting. but now it´s just a bad joke.
Because you have no problem to block your own riders riders ? You are a strange guy

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:36 am

if you know how to sprint, you will not block your own riders ;) maybe we all had to learn how to sprint, but now after some months i think the most of us know how to sprint now. so that is no problem.

but the ghost-mode is a problem. that is like a bug. i guess some teams crying to much about blocking and now buhmann changed the sprint for this crying people....so i start to cry too, because i do not want that stupid sprint-ghost-system.
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:10 am

And where is the bug ? The guy launch his train and stop his effort when he finish his work is a bug ? There is nothing scandalous for this function