national championchips

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

ariostea

national championchips

Post by ariostea » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:52 pm

2 suggestions for the NC - actually old ones:

1. put in the offline rule. kick out the offline teams like we do it in every other one day race. there is no reason for not doing it, nobody is against it. just implement it.

2. make an inscription for NC - like we have for all the others races. i my opinion an inscription would be better. for the big countries in every case, but for the small ones too. we don´t need the 80% of the riders that won´t come online anyway. if there is a NC in a small country of only 10-20 riders, so what? better to have only the riders that want to participate, than having 80% of the riders as roling ghost-riders. and one real advantage: you can see who might really be around earlier in the race. and you can see your opponents better, it is more viewable (less scrolling, searching...) not such a mass like it is now...

and for the big countries it would be much better. take italy: 200 riders in the race -but probably 140 of them offline, while some riders of the online teams can´t participate, because they do not have enough points. that´s stupid. a loyal, always hard fighting (but never taking points) helper like Valotti never took part in a NC. why? no need to have a pelOton of only 60 riding riders. just make an inscription. and you get more "normal" races. at least in the big countries.

auxilium torino

Re: national championchips

Post by auxilium torino » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:08 pm

follow rule also change it.
is not fun..
after 2-3 attack, if a player is offline, cannot more follow...i attack 15 times, maybe more, and SM was ever offlie but follow me..i think that is not fun if we have so a rule that not develope the game, but destroy the game.
follow rule must help for few minutes, but is not a good rule, if permitted one player to be offline 99% of the race , and must only come online at last minute and sprint to win, this is not Fair, in my opinion
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

claw

Post by claw » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:19 pm

push
Aggressive Leader!

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:19 am

and???? what's happens?
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:37 pm

i will try to integrate the offline rule for the next ncs.

Wookie

Post by Wookie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:22 pm

Today are the nms, but still no offline rule :(

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:55 pm

yes this time all us was offline :P
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Bovakian-Nairn

Post by Bovakian-Nairn » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:44 pm

In general I would agree with this, however is the a way of advertising the start times for the National Championships elsewhere other than Inscription and for those times to be available up to a week in advance so those of us "offliners" have a chance to attend the ones we may feel we have a chance at.
The last two Nationals, which are the first ones I have seen since I joined, I haven't known the start times as I have been Inscribed in a race due to start the day after the Nationals so I haven't known the start times of those races until I log in and check news on live races and usually missed the races I would have attended because of real life commitments that I could have put off if I knew those start times.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:57 pm

NMs are not perfect presented. I think may (new) players don´t know the system. So i have something to do here of course.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:06 am

I disagree,

"National Championchips" are a little part of the game, i prefere you spend your time for improve the game not for 4 races every year
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:37 am

Yes, that is the reason i do other things before. But anytime i should change there something, too.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:41 am

Well, Chips are good:) And Champions sometimes like them too.

And Pirkio is right, so is Buhmann and Ariostea too. Everybody is right, nobody wrong, the ape the master of positive feedback. I could be a group leader somewhere with this talent .

But let's keep it simple for 2015 when Buh will have the time for this. (For once not criticism, since Pirkio and Buh are right)

1: Offline rule in NCs.
2: Inscription in NCs. OR a change to include races raced in the calculation who the top 200 are.
3: Teach Ariostea that it's peloton.
4: Better advertising of start times.
5: Cut the points and the money from the NC. Money? An idiocy, since we don't pay salary. And giving money for the top 3 places tells us: RIDE for those places. It should be for one and one place only, nr 1. Do we need money for that? No, because we get the jersey, and that's what it's about, nothing else. But IF money, then it should be only for first. But..... I rather have NO money. Since money for first just encourages the "win by having 10 riders" strategy, which makes for boring races. Points? Ok, if you reaaaaallly want keep the points for first place, but cutting that too wouldn't hurt either.
6: Get the jerseys right. Osamu Uchigasaki has been riding around in a corean jersey for 8 months, despite repeated protests. In the forum no PN. Now it's Nasawas turn... Buhmann you have the wrong jersey there, really that time intensive to change it? The South Corean champion has no jersey it seems, he is an undercover rider, he doesn't appear in his own pop up. The Japanese one gets the South Corean jersey. Solution? Give the south corean champion the south corean jersey, ask Caissed d'epargne (Unicef now?) to design a Japanese jersey and give that to the Japanese Champion.

Otherwise the NC seem in pretty good shape actually, surprsingly to me it seemed like the february 2012 edition was the best visited NC of all times, and there was a fair amount of interesting races.

Just put it here so that when you have time (and agree that it's not urgent) it's not a whole thread with 50 proposals in 230 posts. Will update it from time to time if others write something convincing so that you only have to read Ape posts, how nice of me!
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:22 pm

2: Inscription in NCs. OR/AND a change to include races raced in the calculation who the top 200 are. (for example 100 races = 10 points, then maybe a faithful helper who has raced 200 races, but has 0 actual points can participate over the guy from the new team who earned 7 points in early may and stopped riding in the middle of may...)
3: Better advertising of start times. Add them in the "your races" where now we see which riders ride which NC (or not qualified, not 200) That screen otherwise is actually fantastic. Excellent. Kwality work. Just add the time.
4: Cut the points and the money from the NC. Money? An idiocy, since we don't pay salary. And giving money for the top 3 places tells us: RIDE for those places. It should be for one and one place only, nr 1. Do we need money for that? No, because we get the jersey, and that's what it's about, nothing else. But IF money, then it should be only for first. But..... I rather have NO money. Since money for first just encourages the "win by having 10 riders" strategy, which makes for boring races. Points? Ok, if you reaaaaallly want keep the points for first place, but cutting that too wouldn't hurt either.
5: Get the jerseys right. Japan: You gave it to your darling Samurai by hand, now it's Pokemon who has the South Corean one... maybe automatize it? The South Corean champion has no jersey it seems, he is an undercover rider, he doesn't appear in his own pop up. The Japanese one gets the South Corean jersey. Solution? Give the south corean champion the south corean jersey, ask Caissed d'epargne (Unicef now?) to design a Japanese jersey and give that to the Japanese Champion.

Quote myself and added/deleted a few things.
No Buh, the game is not "find out what Robyklebt changed..... the game is: print out this post (something you really should do with all my posts), hang it up somewhere in your appartment, read it every day, tell your girlfriend not to take it away, then if one day all of the sudden you have the sudden urge to do something, who knows, maybe this piece of paper catches your eye, and....
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

AlmavivaItalia

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Cut the points and the money from the NC. Money? An idiocy, since we don't pay salary. And giving money for the top 3 places tells us: RIDE for those places. It should be for one and one place only, nr 1. Do we need money for that? No, because we get the jersey, and that's what it's about, nothing else. But IF money, then it should be only for first. But..... I rather have NO money. Since money for first just encourages the "win by having 10 riders" strategy, which makes for boring races. Points? Ok, if you reaaaaallly want keep the points for first place, but cutting that too wouldn't hurt either.

yeah....

No money at all, so i can win with only one rider^^
No Buh, the game is not "find out what Robyklebt changed..... the game is: print out this post (something you really should do with all my posts), hang it up somewhere in your appartment, read it every day, tell your girlfriend not to take it away, then if one day all of the sudden you have the sudden urge to do something, who knows, maybe this piece of paper catches your eye, and....

for buh it's better to print this post and... if he finishes toilet paper, use this print^^

he has more chance to read it then if he hangs up:)

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 pm

Robyklebt wrote: 5: Get the jerseys right. Japan: You gave it to your darling Samurai by hand, now it's Pokemon who has the South Corean one... maybe automatize it? The South Corean champion has no jersey it seems, he is an undercover rider, he doesn't appear in his own pop up. The Japanese one gets the South Corean jersey. Solution? Give the south corean champion the south corean jersey, ask Caissed d'epargne (Unicef now?) to design a Japanese jersey and give that to the Japanese Champion.
I drew all but I don't know why, he didn't put all in the game.
Maybe it should be easier if each winne could drawn his own jeyrsey (but I don't know if it's technically possible...)

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:55 am

NicoVanarlo wrote:
Robyklebt wrote: 5: Get the jerseys right. Japan: You gave it to your darling Samurai by hand, now it's Pokemon who has the South Corean one... maybe automatize it? The South Corean champion has no jersey it seems, he is an undercover rider, he doesn't appear in his own pop up. The Japanese one gets the South Corean jersey. Solution? Give the south corean champion the south corean jersey, ask Caissed d'epargne (Unicef now?) to design a Japanese jersey and give that to the Japanese Champion.
I drew all but I don't know why, he didn't put all in the game.
Maybe it should be easier if each winne could drawn his own jeyrsey (but I don't know if it's technically possible...)
well it doesnt concern me but yours look much better than i could do on my own
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:26 pm

2: Inscription in NCs. OR a change to include races raced in the calculation who the top 200 are.
at least these 3 points should be realizable somehow...

inscription will give better races (better peletons) for the bigger nations at least, i am sure. and noone will miss the offliners in the smaller nations anyway.

Quick

Post by Quick » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:24 pm

ariostea wrote:
at least these 3 points should be realizable somehow...

inscription will give better races (better peletons) for the bigger nations at least, i am sure. and noone will miss the offliners in the smaller nations anyway.
Obviously not realizable. :P
J-Czucz hype train

IDF

Post by IDF » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:22 pm

No money and no pts? :(
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:29 pm

IDF wrote:No money and no pts? :(
would be great!!!!! :)
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

ATB - Racing

Post by ATB - Racing » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:46 pm

really?

PERFECT

Wookie

Post by Wookie » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:21 pm

Buhmann wrote:i will try to integrate the offline rule for the next ncs.
push