Nations

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Nations

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:04 am

Not really sure if this is the right place, but anyway.

New nations, not really necessary, we have enough. But if a country does well in real world cycling, and more than just one rider, then it deserves inclusion.

Looking through the UCI Rankings

World Tour: All nations with points are in the game.
Europe Tour: Best nation not in the game is Georgia at 32. Not necessary. Albania, who has been requested by Ronson at 37. From a sporting point of view not necessary, but the albanian diaspora in Germany, Switzerland Austria is fairly big, ok, the Kosovo Albanian probably much bigger. I'm sure we had at least one guy originally from Kosovo in the game. Likely there are or will be others, either from Kosovo or from Albania. Would be nice for them to be able to get riders from their original country (Well, not Kosovo as long as it's not recognized by the UN I say) So the ape says: Why not introduce Albania into the game?
Asia Tour: Hong Kong at 9, not necessary
Americas Tour: First Surinam at 13, not necessary.
Africa Tour: Eritrea 2nd place. With 3 riders in the top 10, 2 of them young, born in 88 and 91, 88 Tekhlehaimanot, who finished 6th of the Tour de l'Avenir in 2009 and will ride for GreenEdge in 2012. Eritrea deserves a spot at RSF.

So, the ape says. Add 1 country for sure. Eritrea And maybe Albania too, see above. But Eritrea deserves a place.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Re: Nations

Post by team fl » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:54 am

I support the idea of adding Eritrea AND Albania to the game.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:16 am

team fl wrote:I support the idea of adding Eritrea AND Albania to the game.
Me too :)

Thanks for the remrks Roby.
Wer Rückenwind hat, fährt einfach nur zu langsam!

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:19 pm

Hong Kong at WM better placed as Albania and Eritrea...i think that can give also one place for Hong Kong
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:57 pm

Erytrea, I didnt even know that it was a country... Is it ? :lol:

And Hong Kong, that's for sure not a country...
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Chense

Post by Chense » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:44 pm

It is an autonomic reason.

Btw. if we get HongKong I also want Southern Tyrolia as it has nearly the same state by law.

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:29 pm

Chense wrote:It is an autonomic reason.

Btw. if we get HongKong I also want Southern Tyrolia as it has nearly the same state by law.
this is shit
Hong Kong have an Olympics team, a football national teams, etc. Tyrol, not the same
and if you think that Hong Kong is not a teams, must be delete Canada, and New Zealand too...their depend from Great Britain, like Hong Kong from China

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:33 pm

Robyklebt wrote:Not really sure if this is the right place, but anyway.

New nations, not really necessary, we have enough. But if a country does well in real world cycling, and more than just one rider, then it deserves inclusion.

Looking through the UCI Rankings

World Tour: All nations with points are in the game.
Europe Tour: Best nation not in the game is Georgia at 32. Not necessary. Albania, who has been requested by Ronson at 37. From a sporting point of view not necessary, but the albanian diaspora in Germany, Switzerland Austria is fairly big, ok, the Kosovo Albanian probably much bigger. I'm sure we had at least one guy originally from Kosovo in the game. Likely there are or will be others, either from Kosovo or from Albania. Would be nice for them to be able to get riders from their original country (Well, not Kosovo as long as it's not recognized by the UN I say) So the ape says: Why not introduce Albania into the game?
Asia Tour: Hong Kong at 9, not necessary
Americas Tour: First Surinam at 13, not necessary.
Africa Tour: Eritrea 2nd place. With 3 riders in the top 10, 2 of them young, born in 88 and 91, 88 Tekhlehaimanot, who finished 6th of the Tour de l'Avenir in 2009 and will ride for GreenEdge in 2012. Eritrea deserves a spot at RSF.

So, the ape says. Add 1 country for sure. Eritrea And maybe Albania too, see above. But Eritrea deserves a place.
Note, for UCI Hong Kong is indipendent too!!! :o

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:54 pm

Bullshit.

Although since they are independant for sports, well they could have their own country here too I guess. But it's not a real country. And real country's would be more important in my eyes.

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:07 pm

New Zealand is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary democracy,although its constitution is not codified. Queen Elizabeth II is the Queen of New Zealand and the head of state.

Canada has strong democratic traditions upheld through a parliamentary system within the construct of constitutional monarchy; the monarchy of Canada is the foundation of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches.The sovereign is Queen Elizabeth II, who also serves as head of state of 15 other Commonwealth countries and each of Canada's ten provinces and resides predominantly in the United Kingdom.

for you, ignorant

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Hong Kong's legal system is completely independent from the legal system of Mainland China. In contrast to mainland China's civil law system, Hong Kong continues to follow the English Common Law tradition established under British rule.

In accordance with the Sino-British Joint Declaration, and the underlying principle of one country, two systems, Hong Kong has a "high degree of autonomy as a special administrative region in all areas except defence and foreign affairs.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:09 pm

so what, I already knew that. India and Pakistan as well

But that's absolutely not the point, are you trying to have an idiotic fight or are you really so full of shit that you believe what your saying yourself ?

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:13 pm

you have a brain problem, i think...let your post first, you stay only again what i say, indipendent from the idea...

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:18 pm

+ you're completely wrong since the head of the commonwealth is not the head of the state or whatsoever. It's not even a state btw. If you wanna pretend something, at least try to it right, you moron. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_of_the_Commonwealth

Whereas HK, which has a high degree of autonomy as your own quote proves, is a part of china. If t wasn't, could it even have a degree of autonomy ? :lol:
They have their own banner for sports, ok great. who cares.

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:23 pm

OMG..are you 12, 13???you can read..??

Chense

Post by Chense » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:33 pm

auxilium torino wrote:
Chense wrote:It is an autonomic reason.

this is shit
Hong Kong have an Olympics team, a football national teams, etc. Tyrol, not the same
and if you think that Hong Kong is not a teams, must be delete Canada, and New Zealand too...their depend from Great Britain, like Hong Kong from China
Who is interested in state by sports? By Law its nearly the same - Both regions with high autonomicy even in financial affairs but not an own state (illegaly) ... another example would be Gaza ;) So if we get HongKong also Gaza and Southern Tyrol!

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 pm

ok, you say Hong Kong is not a nation, and what Uci , Cio or other sports comitee is not important, while their don't ask before to NoPikouze or Chense!
Hong Kong had a their Hong Kong Cycling Association,IS official acknowledge from IOC(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... _Committee), Hong Kong win a gold medail at Olympic games Atlanta 96(NOT IN CYCLING),have an olympic national Comitee(http://www.hkolympic.org/),win the track WC 2010(is admited to partecipate at national World championship :o ),march 2011 scratch WC is an Hong Kong rider(Nt Chinese),Kwok Ho Ting,organize uci 2.2 tour(Tour of South China Sea)

this is the wiki page from Wong Kam-po, one of the best HK rider:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Kam-po

@ roby:Hong Kong is ninth in Uci ramking , but fourth in U23, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCI_Asia_Tour_2011
for more expert would be said that in few years, Hong Kong will be one of the strong nation

i want only remember one, i don't say, WE MUST TAKE HONG KONG, only i propose Hong Kong, while is an emerging strong nation in Road cycling(on tracks is one of the biggest too).
Thisd is an cycling simulation game, and not an economical politik game, and i think, that will be nice if we follow the real world a little bit.
we look at Uci for calender, and must look too to IOC and UCI , if we think to admite new nations in game too

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:13 pm

What a saur this guy :?
Hong Kong is one of two special administrative regions of the People's Republic of China
The transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong from the United Kingdom to the People's Republic of China, referred to as ‘the Return’ or ‘the Reunification’ by the Chinese and ‘the Handover’ by others, took place on 1 July 1997. The event marked the end of British rule, and the transfer of sovereignty of Hong Kong to China.
Not a Country.

By the way UCI and CIO don't say anything. It's simply a part of the agreement.
Hong Kong's previous capitalist system and its way of life would remain unchanged for a period of 50 years
So stop making 100% wrong statements, boy.

Next time i'll send you a bill for my precious time.

Nevertheless, this doesn't tell us if rsf should have or not this kind of "countries" in the game. It was just about HK being a country or not.

Chense

Post by Chense » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm

auxilium torino wrote:ok, you say Hong Kong is not a nation, and what Uci , Cio or other sports comitee is not important, while their don't ask before to NoPikouze or Chense!
Hong Kong had a their Hong Kong Cycling Association,IS official acknowledge from IOC(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internatio ... _Committee), Hong Kong win a gold medail at Olympic games Atlanta 96(NOT IN CYCLING),have an olympic national Comitee(http://www.hkolympic.org/),win the track WC 2010(is admited to partecipate at national World championship :o ),march 2011 scratch WC is an Hong Kong rider(Nt Chinese),Kwok Ho Ting,organize uci 2.2 tour(Tour of South China Sea)

this is the wiki page from Wong Kam-po, one of the best HK rider:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wong_Kam-po

@ roby:Hong Kong is ninth in Uci ramking , but fourth in U23, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCI_Asia_Tour_2011
for more expert would be said that in few years, Hong Kong will be one of the strong nation

i want only remember one, i don't say, WE MUST TAKE HONG KONG, only i propose Hong Kong, while is an emerging strong nation in Road cycling(on tracks is one of the biggest too).
Thisd is an cycling simulation game, and not an economical politik game, and i think, that will be nice if we follow the real world a little bit.
we look at Uci for calender, and must look too to IOC and UCI , if we think to admite new nations in game too
Sure its unimportant for this case ... a country is a country when its accepted by United Nations ... Or when its an illegaly occupied country .. well then not officially but it is in fact.

What UCI etc. say is just a gentleman agreement they made with this "country" ... doesnt make it a country anyway - Just says that UCI is willing to let them ride under own flag - We dont have to copy that ...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:58 am

Funny guys.

Hong Kong of course isn't a country. One country two systems?
But Hong Kong has its own cycling federation. If it has an own football or fencing team is irrelevant, it's cycling.
Then the question is, do we follow the UCI or the UN? Both ways are ok, cycling federations or countries. There are other cases like Hongkong, Taiwan of course, but lots of US territories like Puerto Rico, Cayman islands, Virgin Islands (hope they really all are US stuff...) or Netherlands Antilles (Dutch is my guess) Own cycling federation but not a country according to the UN.

So if Hong Kong is eligible at RSF simply is a question of what we follow. The UN or the UCI. South Tyrolia btw doesn't qualify in either of the 2 cases.

Sporting criteria. Good U23, a coming power. Well, the problem is that Hong Kong is very likely not to become one in my opinion. Because it has had a certain level for quite a while. It wouldn't surprise me if 10 years ago Hong Kong was in a similar position as now. Maybe even a higher one in Asia. Both U23 and senior. After all Malaysia thanks to Langkawi, Indonesia, not sure why, Japan finally, China very slowly have certainly become stronger in the last 10 years. Add a limited pool, and I seriously doubt the Hong Kong will be a regular Top 5 Asian nation anytime soon. Of course I could be wrong. Maybe this is a supergeneration coming. Only the future will tell. So my opinion right now is, regardless of UCI or UN policy for RSF, wait for the future. A rider like Tekhlemaniot (no checking, hope got it right, fairly sure I didn't...) that brings results in the Tour de l'Avenir. Or a rider like Tekhlemaniot, shit, sure it's wrong, who cares, that gets to ride in a Professional Conti team, like he will next year. Maybe GreenEdge even gets ProTour actually. That or a strong showing in Asia, and then I'm for it on sporting terms. But right now: No, let's wait until it fulfils our (or my) sporting criteria.

Gameplay ? reasons? Big +. New type of names. Cantonese, not "Chinese" (mandarin) Chang Kai Shek instead of Jiang Jieshi, etc etc. Not uncool. +. Ok thinking it over, maybe a minus... Right now those cantonese names can get used in China, after all the number of cantonese is much higher in China than Hong Kong... if we had Hong Kong.. .then the logical consequence would be: No more cantonese names in China, because while a Cantonese boy Yeung Kar Wai might grow up in Guangzhou being called Kar Wai, if he was to start in a cycling competition his name would be Yang Jiawei, so that would mean no more Cantonese in China... which would just increase the workload for the nations committee.... But ok, maybe not, the names would be kind of cool.

Any questions or do you all get everything now?

Still think Eritrea (Sport) and Albania (high likelyhood of personal ties by players) are the 2 only ones that I would add right now. But it's Buhsossies thing in the end.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 pm

I still think that if we must take new "Countries", is not right only to select Eritrea and Albania(we have in moment a not balanced choise Europe/rest of the World).
But, ok, Roby have understand my ideal, naturaly must not share my argoments, we are in a free World, with diverge opinion.

The other argoments, is not very important from the RSF side, but is generaly important , if a person started the argoment self with this phrase:
NoPikouze wrote:Erytrea, I didnt even know that it was a country... Is it ? :lol:

And Hong Kong, that's for sure not a country...
looking what a paar person(for sure , not with a elevated grade of intelligence, but experted) say abOUt this word:
Country
Not to be confused with sovereign state.

A country is a geographical region. A country may be the territory of a sovereign state, the territory of a non-sovereign (or formerly sovereign) political division, or a region associated with a certain people or certain characteristics
The word country has developed from the Latin contra meaning "against", used in the sense of "that which lies against, or opposite to, the view", i.e. the landscape spread out to the view. From this came the Late Latin term contrata, which became the modern Italian contrada. The term appears in Middle English from the 13th century, already in several different senses.
list of "countries"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... total_area
place 182 is Hong Kong

HONG kONG IS NOT AN SOVEREIGN STATE, BUT IS A COUNTRY.

el Galactico

Post by el Galactico » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Nothing else to do? No real life? It's almost a shame to argue about this in such a way.
Rodrigo Tellez - Winner of Tour Down Under 2023!!!

Siempre Campeones! Hala Galacticos!!

Statistics
Hall of Fame
Cyclist of the Month

Ronson

Post by Ronson » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:29 am

@Buh
What about this? A youth rider of my team would be request for an Albanian rider licence ;)
Wer Rückenwind hat, fährt einfach nur zu langsam!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:02 pm

One of the professionell players here shall give me a list with nations which are necessary.

Then i integrate these. But not today of course...next weeks or something like this.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:16 pm

No nation is necessary

But 2 would be nice.

1) Eritrea, see above for the explanation
2) Albania, see above for the explanation

A third one is controversial and being discussed (will start again soon probably)
Hong Kong