Hide the values of cyclists

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Vuvuzela

Hide the values of cyclists

Post by Vuvuzela » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:16 pm

This is just an idea I had while watching cycling in TV some days ago. I don't know if it is a good one. :mrgreen:
Actually everyone can see all values of riders from other teams (for example 70-80-70-50-50). My idea is to hide this values for other teams and replace it with (for the example) "classic rider". Same for other types: sprinter, mountain, plat...
The races would be much more unpredictable. A classic rider could be a 68-77 or a 75-80. But it would also affect the whole system - sprint, attacks and so on.
I think it is not a good idea... but still want to post it. Maybe it can help you to create a better idea. :lol:

Lizard

Re: Hide the values of cyclists

Post by Lizard » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Kinda makes no sense with sitting and communication between all teams... like this you get to know the values anyways.. hm, but I like the idea nevertheless
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:49 pm

This matter was already discussed.

The form should have a little bit the same effect. Hmm maybe it could be interesting to increase the form variation to +/-3 ?

Hiding it makes some sense. But then you have to learn to know all the riders and make notes about it...
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:21 pm

why not a 3 month form? 1 month -4 / -1, 2 month -1/1 3 month 1/4

like real cycling you can't have every month form!
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:04 pm

in real cycling a rider can participate 10 times at P-R or Tour de France...bad argument i think

@topic: don't like this idea
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

KinucsTeam

Post by KinucsTeam » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 pm

I have an idea(actually the idea is from www.hattrick.org) : instead of displaying the values of skills would be better to display an attribute(level) that tell us how good is a rider. So if a rider has flat skill 22 we can say it is poor on flat. If he has flat skill 89 we can say it is magnificent on flat. Displaying such values the opponents will not know exactly how good is a rider, but they will know approximately how good it is. In this case anytime is a little surprise because we don't know exactly the power of the opponents.

Example of attributes that can be used :
Skill ....................... Level
0-10.......................... non-existent
11-20 ....................... disastrous
21-30 ....................... wretched
31-40 ....................... poor
41-50 ....................... weak
51-60 ....................... middle
61-70 ....................... solid
71-80 ....................... excellent
81-90 ....................... formidable
91-100...................... brilliant

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:10 am

This is kind of interesting. I don't want it to be implemented at all, but it's an interesting thing...

Nevertheless, there would always subsist a problem with the level-split: 70 and 71 is almost the same and you have a different name, whereas 61 and 70 is completely different and the name is the same.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

KinucsTeam

Post by KinucsTeam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:13 am

These values are just an example. We can choose another limits and also we can reduce the ranges. It's true that 70 and 71 are almost the same, but there is a difference between the ranges 70-75 and 76-80...

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:09 pm

I've also been thinking about the idea of hiding the values. It sounds interesting, but there are some disadvantages, because the game would become extremely untransparent. Imagine you'd be a new manager: You couldn't understand the progress of a race, maybe you'd feel cheated or punked because of having no chance to win.
Nevertheless it would be difficult for old managers, too.

The transparency is really important. And we already have the form, a very useful instrument. "+/- 3" may be a nice idea... but i'm sure it's not useful to extend the form-period. Even today it's not easy to adjust it for a whole month.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Aixteam

Post by Aixteam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:36 pm

Do you all find RSF too easy ? :lol:
It's one of the hardest game, please don't complicate it more :)
Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

Chense

Post by Chense » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Aixteam wrote:Do you all find RSF too easy ? :lol:
Hard? You play another game Aix? :P
Nontheless RSF is the greatest Browsergame i ever played its pretty simple ... just after around 50 races you should roughly know what to do in a race, how to transfer, which are good riders which not.

But also dont like the idea of totally hiding the values ... Would not change much for the good (and much riding) teams as they will know the values after 2 or 3 races anyway but give a big disadvantage to new teams not knowing where they have to hang because not knowing the rider values.

Aixteam

Post by Aixteam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm

Chense wrote:
Nontheless RSF is the greatest Browsergame i ever played its pretty simple ... just after around 50 races you should roughly know what to do in a race, how to transfer, which are good riders which not.
Every race is different .. Every km is different, the opponents always change and we still do mistakes after 2000 races.
Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Aixteam wrote:
Chense wrote:
Every race is different .. Every km is different, the opponents always change and we still do mistakes after 2000 races.
Completely agree, this idea will make the races again more harder than now... now it's already difficult to win a race... :lol:
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Chense

Post by Chense » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Well I see we meant different things. To understand the game and races roughly = pretty easy
To be so good you make no mistakes = nearly impossible