Rider Energy vs. Speed

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Lizard

Rider Energy vs. Speed

Post by Lizard » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:55 pm

Zauberlehrling wrote:But the danger is, that it's becomming RSF-Mikado, the first who moves looses.... because those who don't make any tempo will go with 1000 power in the finish, those who make some tempo perhaps only with 950. So you'd better make no tempo.
I had an idea which I was reminded of when reading this. I could imagine pretty well that the speed calculation looks a bit like this (if not, please Buhmann correct me):

1000 Energy, 75 Flat, x (basic value for the skills, x is speed when only "rolling") :

x + 1,000 * Tempovalue (green, blue, red) = Speed of rider when riding that Tempo

500 Energy, 75 Flat:

x + 0,500 * Tempovalue (green, blue, red) = Speed

Is it correct, that when having half energy the rider´s speed slows down like this? Doesn´t have to be exactly the same, well.

If that was so, to make something happen to make more attacks come earlier like the Boonen´s etc. in reality when riding Ronde van Vlaanderen etc., then maybe we could do a different speed system. Need to show by some graphics:

So look: Y-axis is for speed, X-axis is for energy. So it´s behaviour of speed depending on energy. We have x as a "let just roll"-speed, and the black line the is straightly going down until it reaches zero energy. The red line is what I´d like to have if it doesn´t exist already (don´t know). When the rider is in the high energy levels like 1000, 900, 800 ... then, a rider will have it easy in the first few minutes to ride almost his maximum, since the red line goes down slightly different than the black. But if he reaches the lower energy levels (500, 400, ...) then his performance will go down more immediately.

Opinions, thoughts, ...
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

Quick

Re: Rider Energy vs. Speed

Post by Quick » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:56 pm

Superb!
J-Czucz hype train

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:19 pm

glaube das hört sich super an, aber die die verfolgen haben halt auch länger mehr kraft,bzw. mehr power und sind schneller. so gesehen ist das doch eher kontraproduktiv für die ausreißer oder nicht?
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Dafür haben sie auch mindestens einen Fahrer weniger, als gewohnt :twisted:

The chasers would have more power and longer lasting speed as well. But therefore they have one rider less than the are used to.

EDIT:

But I guess the diagram shows what we already have more or less.
And you have to take into account that the lower the energy level is, the less energy is lost per km.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Allagen wrote:glaube das hört sich super an, aber die die verfolgen haben halt auch länger mehr kraft,bzw. mehr power und sind schneller. so gesehen ist das doch eher kontraproduktiv für die ausreißer oder nicht?
Only english please. If you want to discuss in german about this, create a thread in the german area.

Aixteam

Post by Aixteam » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:28 pm

I like that , if we really want to be realistic , we have to do some things like this .
Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

Allagen

Post by Allagen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Buhmann wrote:
Allagen wrote:glaube das hört sich super an, aber die die verfolgen haben halt auch länger mehr kraft,bzw. mehr power und sind schneller. so gesehen ist das doch eher kontraproduktiv für die ausreißer oder nicht?
Only english please. If you want to discuss in german about this, create a thread in the german area.

The chasers would have more power and longer lasting speed as well.
RV Allagen. Qualität seit 2006. Erfolg seit 2006.

iBanesto

Post by iBanesto » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Chase vs Escape now (I am referring to late escapes, last 50 Kms. Early escapes are screwed anyway):

Someone attacks, gets big power decrease from the attack. Crappy helper is making tempo in the peloton, so the attacker gets away pretty easily in the first couple of Kms, gap growing. After ~10 Km the attacker has spent a lot of energy, he should be around 600 now and so is the crappy helper in the peloton who chased him the whole time. Now the team controlling the peloton switches the pacemaker, instead of the old, crappy helper it puts a fresh, crappy helper. Now the gap goes down because the attacker has ~300 power less than the guy pulling the peloton. The values of the riders hardly matter, because the power difference is so overwhelmingly big. Fact is, a excellent attacker can - most of the time - be pulled back with ease by two or three bad riders used after each other.

With the new "Lizard effect" bad riders would still be bad, even if they had lots of energy and good riders would still be good, even if they had less energy.