Sitting

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Sitting

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:01 pm

The sitting system is out of hands. The problem has been around for ages, like many others, due to time constraints by Buhmann not pushed by others with insistence. Let's forget his time, let's get the game in shape.

Every logging in in another account has to be counted as multiaccounting or cheating.
For sitting: you log in in your own account, then follow a "sitting" link. From the sitting link you will only have access to the race the manager is riding, you will appear as (TEamname of the sitted team, your teamname) in the chat.

Every manager can give 2 other managers a "permanent sitting permission". Those 2 managers will have the right to sit even without invitation, if manager A has a sudden illness and dies, or if manager A's internet crashes, or if Manager A thought he would be there and isn't. To other managers a limited sitting permission.

If a manager needs a sitter, he sends out a in game message to potential sitters, and to his permanent ones too of course.

Sitting limit per month: 3 races without the real manager showing up during the race, plus another 3 where he shows up too. (Can be 6 where he shows up of course, using his no shows for shows, but not the other way around. Of course every manager will have to choose his permanent buddies carefully, since even a logging in into a race just to say hello, will count as a sitting.

LUna, who has pushed this very sensible improvement for years now, maybe has a better idea on the details, I hope he posts his proposal here too. But this needs to be done. Now. Like many other things.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pirkio

Re: Sitting

Post by Pirkio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:17 pm

"Sitting limit per month: 3 races without the real manager showing up during the race, plus another 3 where he shows up too. (Can be 6 where he shows up of course, using his no shows for shows, but not the other way around. Of course every manager will have to choose his permanent buddies carefully, since even a logging in into a race just to say hello, will count as a sitting."

Well.. I always can't run sunday and saturday, if i can't play for any reason for another day i can't have sitter? So for me is impossible to run Giro - Vuelta - Tour? For what i pay the license if i can't run this races?

Another thing, 2 permanent buddies? and if my permanent buddies have to work? RSF is a free game, and free mean you can play when you want, how you want in the fairness limit. With a rulez like sitting limit game lose a lot of his "free power".

In this point you confused me:" if manager A has a sudden illness and dies, or if manager A's internet crashes, or if Manager A thought he would be there and isn't. To other managers a limited sitting permission. "

Well if i need sitter that's is becouse i can't stay next the pc... So if my permanets can't play how can i choise my extra one when i'm not at the pc?

This proposal suck is not a supeRoby Proposal
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Then you can't ride the Giro-Tour-Vuelta. Simple as that. Why should managers who spend their time being online regularly be beaten by offliners, teams that are sitted in 4 out of 5 stages? The limit has to be somewhere, 3+3 is a good limit in my view. It's an online game.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:27 pm

Sure he can ride a GT. But he can't have a sitter for all his missing stages. As simple as that.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:33 pm

Right, thanks.

Use the sitting for the important stages, make offline "safety things" for the others.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:39 pm

But is a fast game. In other game like hattrick or f1project or i don't know a lot of other games, (or maybe all except this!) you can play 1 - 2 match for week. In other games like travian (for example i realy hate travian) you can share your account and have 2 sitters, but travian is a continue game 24/7.

Now this game. This game is a game where you can choise how many much race run. You can run every day, you can run 5 races for month. You haven't a limit and this game is super cool for this. Nobody forced you to stay every day here to play if you do this is becouse you love this game.

I don't like too teams who have a sitter for the 70% of a tour but when i need a sitter i don't think how much time i've raced i just think my finances and my real opportunity for the tour.

Yeah game is always online but we aren't always online. And if i have to be forced to play, well maybe this game start to sucks
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Thank you for re-raising this topic.

My idea was more or less the same:

1. Menu point "Sitting".

- For the one to be sitted: here you can enter one certain manager (not 2, not 3) for one certain stage (not 2, not 3) he shall be allowed for to manage your team.
- For the Sitter: Here you can enter the specific race of a foreign team whose manager set you as a sitter for that single stage. You find entry to the given race screen, but not to any other area of the foreign account (no traning, no finance page, no transfer market, no team overview, nothing).

2. It's forbidden to log into any other account then your own. It's forbidden to give away your password to any other manager. Any offence is regarded as illegal account-sharing or multi-accounting and gets punished.

2b. As long as the user doesn't spend particularly criminal energies the system will notice it immediately when an IP or a cookie (or whatever) logs in to an account that does not belong to it. Both accounts will be locked immediately until Buhmann sets them free again and punishes both parties with a fee and a warning (for the first offence).

Important: The sitter of a team is shown to everybody in the race, be it in the online list or whereever.

I don't remember about the limit I proposed there. Anyway that's a detail to be discussed. Maybe I wouldn't make it that complicated with 3 plus 3. Just make it 3. Any manager who already served 3 times as a sitter for any other team can't be selected as sitter for the running month anymore, for whomever. On the other hand you are not able to set a sitter for one of your stages as soon as you already have been sitted 3 times in that month.

To soften the limit a bit only really performed sitting action count here. Means only when you actually entered a foreign race your sitting counter gets increased by 1. But not when you just click on the menu item "sitting" and take a look on how the screen is designed or who has set you as a sitter for what race or so.

Ingame message? Do we need that? It could still be done via forum or the various ingame chats or even external communication.

Permanent buddies I also wouldn't install. You're of course allowed to set always the same manager for your 3 monthly stages you're allowed to assign to a sitter.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Very good topic i like

sitting has become really too much....like roby said, too often you see teams which have a sitter for example 3,4 stages of a 5 days-tour...it sucks...and to be quiet honest, sometimes i think it's even more...example, 5 days of brunsbüttel...a team announced two times a sitter and the other stages he's online for 3,4 km...i'm pretty sure there's a sitter even on this stages...

this new rule can prevent us from some crap and bullshit like JPS or Australia did in the past, they got sit for around the first 8-10 days because of holiday or whatever...sorry but such teams shouldn't have the chance to participate in a GT in the future
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

kielgy

Post by kielgy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:49 pm

It should not be possible sitting out of tours, at single-day-races (Eintagesrennen)
Team Erkrath RS 8)

"Wer Rückenwind hat, fährt zu langsam!"
"You re too slow, if you still got tailwind!"