Free name change in D1-4, introduce unchangeble manager name

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Bear

Re: Free name change in D1-4, introduce unchangeble manager

Post by Bear » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Bear wrote:I would like to change my teamname now, but 644.000 is too much. Is there a chance we are allowed to change the name for free soon, in D1-4 or whatever?
You changed something or not? Because it's more expensive now, like with the old system.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:26 pm

No, I didn't change anything... :P
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:48 pm

More expensive? Are you sure?

Teamname AND managername is of couse nice. But as you see, i have not much time the moment. And this is not very important.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Not for me, still 615k, like it was yesterday. Or maybe it was 620? Yesterday???'

Anyway, much cheaper than before.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:47 am

How about a system where the cost for changing the team name is based on the time the old team name was in use?

i.e. my name GlasgowRacing was chosen because I used to live in Scotland at the time I started playing this game. I have no intention to change my teamname, but I think after years of using the same name a change shouldn't cost any credits.

But to avoid that teams switch to new team names after every race, I suggest a starting cost of about 1 million credits which gets lower daily until after 2 calendar years a team name change is free.

Hasselhoff

Post by Hasselhoff » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:00 pm

I agree with you glasgow that would be a good solution. the proposed system from you I like, I'm in for that!
"Man sollte nicht alles glauben, was man im Internet liest"- Abraham Lincoln

Bear

Post by Bear » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:49 pm

What about a Nopik-made-RSF-World-Tour... there you can earn points to change your name... or just make it free ones a year... it's not getting cheaper at the moment :roll:

Quick

Post by Quick » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:41 pm

IT'S CHEAPER!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!

shut up and take my money! new license for this feature!
J-Czucz hype train

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:53 pm

For me, it's not cheaper now. What is the new formula? Would be nice to know.

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 am

Bear wrote:For me, it's not cheaper now. What is the new formula? Would be nice to know.
Buh, can you tell my why its cheaper now for some teams and not for my team?

Bear

Post by Bear » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:15 am

I will ask until I get an answer...

What is the new formula? Or if you dont want to say that, why its not cheaper now (at least in my case)?

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:43 am

hm, for me:

at the 19th of July my price would haven been 474K
today: 480K

so the number of races is a part of the formula

Beitrag von Buhmann » Do 19. Jul 2012, 10:33
Okay, too expensive. Will change it a little bit.
did you change anything since 19. July?
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Bear

Post by Bear » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 am

Right now, it rises 300 credits every race, but the "startprice" is still very high.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:39 pm

still no answer. I thought it was a simple question.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:55 pm

The main problem with the system (not bears problem which I don't really get, is a strange one, for him got more expensive, don't know why) is that Buh a loooong time ago misunderstood an ape post and introduced the system the wrong way around.

Instead of it becoming cheaper with every race raced, it becomes more expensive.

A sensible system would be:

First 20 races: Free name change.
After that: 1 million per name change. Get's less with each race. Let's say 1000 per race. After 500 races you are at 500k... And let's say a minimum of 100k anyway, so after 900 races you are at the minimum.
Name change? Back to the million. And get's cheaper again.
Second name change? Up to 1,5 million, then down.
Third, up to 2 million and down, then it can stay there IMO.

So, you don't have nonstop name changes, but if somebody after x years feels he wants a new one, ok, not too expensive.

Details then oculd be, after a name change you have 5 days to change your name again, petit singe looked stupid.... so Petit Singe... Buh made it by hand, but just let the guy change it himself for free again during a few days...
Add a note "name changed" somewhere, new tab or transfers or whatever.
The unchangeble manager name so that we still know who is who anyway plus it's easier to search for cheaters with x teams like AVC Hamburg, who still has his old teams, just changed the names so they are not found that easily. etc etc.

But ok, there is more important stuff,and except for bear it seems to have become cheaper for most guys... look what the problem with Bearclaw is, correct it and let's forget it for the moment.

But just for the record, a sensible system, see above, wouldn't have been that difficult :D
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:18 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:55 pm

A sensible system would be:

First 20 races: Free name change.
After that: 1 million per name change. Get's less with each race. Let's say 1000 per race. After 500 races you are at 500k... And let's say a minimum of 100k anyway, so after 900 races you are at the minimum.
Name change? Back to the million. And get's cheaper again.
Second name change? Up to 1,5 million, then down.
Third, up to 2 million and down, then it can stay there IMO.

So, you don't have nonstop name changes, but if somebody after x years feels he wants a new one, ok, not too expensive.
So I digged out this 10-year-old thread because currently no name change is possible in-game. Even though I'd never change my team name - I prefer a nice, orderly Palmares and I like to be recognizable - there should be a possibility for teams who really want to change their name for whatever reason. So perhaps after 10 years it's time to implement something like this!

Why now?

Firstly, new teams should indeed have the opportunity for a free (or just cheap? 10,000?) name change within 20 (or more?) races.

Secondly, comeback teams might want to change their name for legitimate reasons (like Hansa-Team who didn't want to be confused with Hansa and is now RSV Gera). So what could be the rule for comeback teams? I would like it to be cheap enough for teams like Hansa-Team to change it without hurting their motivation but at the same time expensive enough to prevent name changes 'just for fun'. So perhaps super cheap name change (10,000?) for teams with less than 20 (?) races in the last 365 (?) days and team value below 20M? And cheap name change (100,000?) for teams with less than 20 (?) races in the last 365 (?) days and team value above 20M?

For everyone else, the rule could be as mentioned above. 1,000,000 but for every race ridden with a teamname, 1,000 less. So after 900 races with one name, it becomes 100,000. Then, as suggested, make the price higher for second, third, fourth team name change? Ok, go to 2M, 3M, 4M, accordingly. Easier to calculate than with half millions. Only problem: It won't be accurate for the past. Because not all name changes of the past are recorded in the database. So it might be that somebody did 5 name changes in the past and the system has only 2, or 1, or 0. So perhaps leave this aside? Maybe start with more than 1M for that reason?

Just thinking out loud here... perhaps somebody has an opinion on this?
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Hansa

Re: Free name change in D1-4, introduce unchangeble manager name

Post by Hansa » Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:56 am

You could instead of ridden races simply use days since last name change.

Old comebackers can change there name pretty cheap then too but you still cant change your name to often because its to expensive.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009

schappy

Post by schappy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:49 pm

I like to have free Change possibilitys after a couple of years, at the moment i use my Internet Name from the past 2006. I never named my name like that since 10 years.
I´ve got the magic in me

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:29 pm

As a team that used the name change several times:

It never was completely free, so a minimal charge can be payed. I think something around 50k - 100k minimum (first name change of the team history can be completely free). No more supported name changes for beginners. You can use a bullshit name firstly but once you actively rename your team, you have to be aware to chose a proper name or you have to pay for it. I see no reason to pay more for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th change. For some it might be a concept to rename the team after each year, or once 1000 races are ridden (Adler created new teams wenn reaching that limit I think). So my proposal would be simple

1st team name change of the team history is free: The Information tells you to select a proper name, because all upcoming name changes you need to pay money
2nd team change costs 2,000,000 credits right after the first name change declining to a minimum of 100,000 after one year. Counting just days since last name change (not active days or races or whatsoever).
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:59 am

Thanks for your additional comments, Hansa, schappy and AAD.

I try to summarize the comments and find a solution:

First name change: Seems all of us agree, that the first name change can be free. Roby suggested only if you have less than 20 races. AAD suggested first change should always be free. As a compromise I suggest to say 100 races. If you are happy with your name for 100 races, should be happy afterwards. Even if you want to change after 100 races, you will only have to pay the minimum price. There will be a pop-up, which explains the rules, so players can make sure they chose a proper name.

Minimum price: Roby for 100k. AAD for 100k. Hansa said 'pretty cheap'. Schappy said 'I like to have a free change after a couple of years'. Majority for 100k. So I would do 100k.

Maximum price: Roby for 1M for teams with 1 namechange, but more if you had more namechanges. A bit complicated to implement, especially because we don't have 100% of the namechange history. I was able to re-construct most of it using the Palmares entries, but cannot be 100% certain of the whole history. So AAD's suggestion (always 2M) is a bit easier to implement. But as I agree with Roby that it should be relatively expensive, especially as we give one name change for free, I would say make it 3M maximum price.

Time to reach Min. Price: There is a majority to use days since last namechange rather than races ridden since last namechange. Since this is also easier to implement, I would go for this. But how many days? Roby suggested 900 races, which would be lots of days depending on how often somebody rides... can be 3 to 10 years or even more... AAD suggested 1 year only... Schappy suggested 'after a couple of years'... Again, as a compromise, I would go for 3 years.

Suggested Rule:
1) First name change is free if you have less than 100 races.
2) Afterwards, the max. price is 3M, the min. price is 100K and the time to reach the min. price is 3 years after the last name change.

Suggested Formula:
MIN [100,000 ; 3,000,000 - (Days since last name change / 1,095) * 2,900,000]
GIP MASTERPLAN

schappy

Post by schappy » Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:11 am

Great! Looks pretty good.
I´ve got the magic in me

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:35 pm

I agree with Schappy, but a question just to be clear: If you chose your team name after 100 races for the first time,
a) you pay 100k because you've never changed your team name yet; or
b) you pay according to the formula which means according the time after you made your account and first named your team.

?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:40 pm

team fl wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:35 pm
I agree with Schappy, but a question just to be clear: If you chose your team name after 100 races for the first time,
b) you pay according to the formula which means according the time after you made your account and first named your team.

?
Solution a)

Unless you think it should be b)
GIP MASTERPLAN

Hansa

Post by Hansa » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:09 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:40 pm
team fl wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:35 pm

?
Solution a)

Unless you think it should be b)
Should be a) because time since last name change is infinite at that point.
Hansa

est. 03.08.2009