New transfer system for youth riders

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

NoPikouze

Re: New transfer system for youth riders

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:37 pm

One thing which is not really clear:
When you make a bid, you don't necessarily have enough money. But you can sell a rider to get it.
Although it's a bad idea to sell your rider immediatly, if someone made a higher bid you're kind of screwed.
Ok, the time when you'll win it is shown, you could login a bit earlier and sell your rider at that moment to reduce the risk.
But still, I dont really like it. Not very convenient.

I don't really have any proposal, just pointing the problem.
Perhaps there should be an option on the bid screen which allows you to sell riders at the moment you win the auction, or something like that.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:36 pm

No, it's not ok at all.

If a 55-73--65-53-52, 66,1 cobbles with 35 reg and a value of 1'615'433 is bought for 1'594'359 then that means only one thing. There are too many good riders on the market. Not too few. And everybody who wines about not enough good riders being available simply is a complete idiot. Sorry for being blunt.

The system with this amount of good riders, is complete bullshit, then let's go back to the old one. It makes 0 sense to have a system where almost all riders just go for under 100%. All it does is make most riders cheaper.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:45 pm

NoPikouze wrote:
I don't really have any proposal, just pointing the problem.
Perhaps there should be an option on the bid screen which allows you to sell riders at the moment you win the auction, or something like that.
Don't see it as a problem. You have a choice, sell a rider or don't. Depends on how much you want the other guy.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Robyklebt wrote:No, it's not ok at all.

If a 55-73--65-53-52, 66,1 cobbles with 35 reg and a value of 1'615'433 is bought for 1'594'359 then that means only one thing. There are too many good riders on the market. Not too few. And everybody who wines about not enough good riders being available simply is a complete idiot. Sorry for being blunt.

The system with this amount of good riders, is complete bullshit, then let's go back to the old one. It makes 0 sense to have a system where almost all riders just go for under 100%. All it does is make most riders cheaper.
That's a short term analysis. I guess a 55-73-75-50-63 with 40 Reg will go for rather 2.000.000 than the 1.900.000 he costs since everyone wants that rider instead of the one you posted. The top riders will be bought more expensive, the weaker ones are right now cheaper because they are 2nd choice. But when the managers get used to the system and see the average riders become more important they will rise the bids...
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:54 pm

It's an analysis, your's isn't. : 1-0.

Just for Buh, I repeat:

1: Let us delete the list in "own bids". It's getting kind of long in my case...
2: Auction still running bug. No it's not! I'm not sure in what cases it doesn't change to show all bids, but 7 of my 27 bids are still running. And they are over, rider bought or disappeared.
3: ANALYZE YOUR LISTS. Or send them to me... I still say it's too many. If a 55-73-65 for 1,615 goes for less than that...
4: May is coming, what will the system be for D5?
5: Has something been done in the "complete overhaul" thingy?

claw

Post by claw » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Robyklebt wrote:It's an analysis, your's isn't. : 1-0.

but he is right...
Aggressive Leader!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:24 pm

No actually I'm right. As usual.

There are too many good riders available. Perfect? No! Everybody is waiting for the perfect ones it seems. Or wait, half of the bidders seem to have settled for the less than perfect ones already. Sometimes then hopelessly overpaying for those too, only bid, +x% after the first near perfect one couldn't be had.
But some are waiting, yes.One reason is of course that from the 1st to the 5th early morning in May those cool riders might be available on the regular market too. But otherwise? Just too many good ones, as I said, a lot of the guys who were in the market for a classic rider have bought now by now. Some of them exactly the weaker riders.... that haven't gotten more expensive either. Ok, I know of one case.... only bid way over the value... only bid though. So, while everybody wants the perfect one, and some are holding out, many have settled for less already. And have payed less then they used to for a similar rider. And will bid even less next month, since many of those guys, 56-73-49-64 I bought for example, were bought by the only guy bidding. Of course a rider with weaknesses, Downhill + sprint, but isn't that exactly the rider that Lizard wrongly claims in a few months will be more expensive too? They won't, not with the amount of riders we get on the market now.

For 180 teams, we get 3600 riders per month. (not sure how the end of the month works actually.... predestined to be confusing) Even considering that many of them are shit, even now, with 417 riders as usual there are 6 50+-70+-70+ on the market. All reg monsters, still... Cut the downhill a bit, 60 minimum you have 12. No minimum downhill requirement, you have 29. Now multiply that all by 9 and you have roughly the numbers that will be on the market in a whole month. Ah, but 50-70 is not good enough? Ok, 54-70? 3-3-11 the same numbers. Yes, the 3 54-70-70 are regmonsters, not something that many people want. Ah, the thing about starting to pay more for something not perfect? With this amount of riders? Ehm, not with that many riders. It's for 180 managers!!!! And the classic riders market is the one where it works "best" so far. Where Buh after reducing the number of riders could increase the probabilty.. maybe. The other markets? Early in the month very very good sprinters and climbers either weren't bought at all, near perfect ones bought for under 100%, and that hasn't changed much.

You scared morons should start thinking and calculating a bit, 180 teams don't all want the same in the same month, 180 teams probably don't want more than 1 rider on average very likely, right now what Lizard guess won't happen, since the less then perfect ones appear with such frequency that you don't really need to overpay at all, if you don't get the first weakened one, you'll get the second or the third. Get your triangle calculation machines etc out, Pythagoras, cigarettes, that kind of stuff, Oloids important too and think. 180 teams, 3600 riders, roughly 27 54-70-70es per month, roughly 100 54-70-xx per month.. and you seriously think there will be a shortage of classic riders anytime soon? That that's going to make the level drop???? Please... Get the fuck out of here.

Basically what happened here is that Buh is scared of the reaction of the idiotic, senseless and not thinking even as far as the tip of your nose crowd at RSF, and introduced this new feature in a ultrasoft way, that in the end is senseless. He then is scared of the reaction if he adjusts in the middle of a month. Understandeble, must get tiring hearing non stop complaints about the smallest things, like the day RSF was destroyed because winning a cat 4 mountain in a one day race didn't give the rider any world ranking points anymore. Claiming there are to few riders is on par with that. Must be tiring facing a horde of ignorants yelling at every change. I bet he knows I'm right, because don't doubt one second, I am, but no time, no lust for punishment.. so he lets it run til the end of the month... hope he'll react then... We all know getting the number of riders right is not going to be easy... but right now it's so obvious that it's just too many riders, it's laughable to claim we don't have enough data or anything to really judge it. We do. It's too many. Make it fewer. Then if the classic or some other part of it gets too starved, maybe adjust the probabilites, or if it's too few generally, increase the number again (and yes, that can be done in the middle of the month as well...)

But no, we have to wait for 7 years data to realize the obvious. What's next, can't say Africa is a continent since it hasn't split form Pangaea for long enough and it might just be a special moment in geological history, and actually all the continents will move back to where they were in no time at all and then stay there for another eternity before they do the split, go back thing in a short don't know how many million of years?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:50 pm

Ups, just restarted the computer to inform you faithful readers that after using pi, 3,14 this time, to calculate this complicated triangle in the form of an ellipse, to my surprise I found out that an hour has 60 and not 50 minutes, so since it's a rider every 10 min, over 30 days we don't get 3600 riders, but 4320.
Not really my fault for getting it wrong, idiotic system anyway, make it 2 cycles of 10, so 20 hours a day, then an hour has 50 minutes, 1000 minutes a day, perfect. Will be longer minutes than until now, true, but a nice simple system, no 60 minutes and shit, who came up with that dumb number anyway? Cut that weak idiocy too 365 days, pah, 36 weeks a 10 days, 6 days work, 4 days weekend. then you'll have half a week left, perfect for some extra holiday too.

So, don't calculate the per day numbers (that can change of course) by 9 but by 11. And follow the market a bit, see how many climbers are regularly there, see how many 54-70-70 are regularly there, and you'll find out it's actually fairly constant.

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:03 am

I never understood why it must go down to 95%. Make the minimum 100%. Then there at least won't be any more purchases with dumping prizes.

For the records: I had to bid 45k over market value for the 54-73-62-48-64-68.2-43 one or two weeks ago to oubid Claw and Radunion, who thought they could easily grab that rider for less then 100%.

claw

Post by claw » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:02 am

Luna wrote:I never understood why it must go down to 95%. Make the minimum 100%. Then there at least won't be any more purchases with dumping prizes.

For the records: I had to bid 45k over market value for the 54-73-62-48-64-68.2-43 one or two weeks ago to oubid Claw and Radunion, who thought they could easily grab that rider for less then 100%.

hihi, no.. in fact, i sometimes bid for riders just to see how much other managers were willing to pay
did not even have the money
Aggressive Leader!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:25 am

Luna wrote:I never understood why it must go down to 95%. Make the minimum 100%. Then there at least won't be any more purchases with dumping prizes.

It doesn't have to go down to 95%. But it's an extra feature, that IMO makes sense. And of course makes the finetuning to get the right amount of riders more difficult. But some rider types are just overpriced compared to what they cost as grown ups...the future 50-80 with 50-55 reg for example. Buy him at 46-66 with his reg, he just costs a lot for what he will be able to do... having the ability to make those guys cheaper is ok. Same for the sprinter with 60 reg, makes sense to offer the possibilty to buy them slightly cheaper.

But it doesn't have to be, that's true... but having it is not wrong either. If the amount of riders is the right one. Which, to come back to my point, right now it isn't. There are too many riders!

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:01 am

One reason was also that the price for an average Team should remain more or less the same: The leaders were planned to get a bit more expensive, the helpers a bit cheaper.

It's great that the really perfect sprinter on the market was sold for an amount much over market price!! Market price: 2.1 Mio, Franco bought him for 2.75 Mio! And it's also great, that he goes to a great and famous sprinterteam and not to a nobody, it should always be like this!

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:05 am

i decided to bid so high, because this rider was the only sprinter in a whole month who was really interesting for me...and to be quiet honest...i wouldn't pay 600K more than the market price, if the sprinter costs 2,5 or 2,7 mio...i was really lucky his market price was soo cheap
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:53 am

Zauberlehrling wrote:One reason was also that the price for an average Team should remain more or less the same: The leaders were planned to get a bit more expensive, the helpers a bit cheaper.
No you brainless twit, that's not what was planned. Maybe in bizarro world, in the real word the "leader" can't be made more expensive and the "helper" cheaper. That can't be planned without major changing of the probability of riders appearing The unpopular leaders, the Hubers, the absolute regmonster climbers etc will get cheaper, not more expensive. Unless the probabilty of them appearing is changed so that max 2 per month appear or something... and even then..
And the helpers get cheaper, pff, which ones, the 46-74 with no reg. No it wasn't planned they get cheaper, and if Buhmann has a plan like that I will send him poems or something, that should turn him off enough to listen to reason instead of mindless drivel.

What was planned, expected is:
POPULAR riders get a bit more expensive
UNPOPULAR riders get cheaper.

The Coniaman: Good. the 99% perfect sprinter. Wanna bet I'll get responses now saying that it shows the number of riders fits now? All the talk about short term analyses forgotten, now we have data :lol:

I agree, we have, and it says:

Too many riders on the market :!:

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:33 pm

- What will happen with D5 in the future?
- Redo the popup a little bit: Buy directly, put the button next to the actual price. Not where it is, can be confusing (all say hi to NoPik)
- Let us users delete our bids when the auction is over. So that in the "own bids tab" the list doesn't grow forever
- Correct the bug, that has some auctions still running.
- Decide what to do during the month change
- Decide what to do with 21 year olds on the regular market

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:21 pm

After I have seen the auctions for one month I suggest to keep the number of riders as it is now, kick the div 5 youth market and enable the div 5 teams to buy riders from the div 1-4 youth market when the market price falls below 100 % (105 or 110 % if you want "average riders" to become more expensive). There are enough good riders for div 5 left, and the top riders will join the top teams.

For the 21 year old, we still have to find some solution. Either make auctions for all 21 year old, or at least continue the auctions until the first training. The youth transfer market is filled with new 21 year old until the 2. day of the month (and all 20 your old riders in the auctions become 21 on the 1.). These riders are sold before the first training and join the team immediately, New riders after the 2. are 20 years old and join the team the next month.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue May 10, 2011 1:39 pm

Have I mentioned there is too many riders?

It's ridiculous at this point.

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Wed May 11, 2011 2:36 pm

Now I made a real good Schnäppchen:

48-58-62-82-35 Sprinter for 1.907 instead of 2.007 Mio... so it's clear there are way too much riders available. Of course there were 2-3 really good sprinters the last two weaks, but to buy such a rider UNDER market value is just ridiculous!

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Wed May 11, 2011 2:48 pm

You wouldn't have got him, if the time the auction ended wasn't late at night. I made a bet about 2.357 millions, but i had to sell someone for that. And my bet would have been the best one at 3:58 h. There even i slept. And to sell riders just in suspicion to get one? No, never! Because there can happen such things like with the 50-59-7x-xx-82-35 sprinter who was bought by Elaska just an hour or so before my bet was reached.

edit: Hm, the overview shows only my old bet about 2.307 Mio, but i changed it. Strange.
Last edited by Zentaron on Wed May 11, 2011 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed May 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Exactly what I said.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Wed May 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Do you think the target of the auction is to make riders more expensive? For me the main target was to get away from the first come first serve principal, were you increase your chances for a good rider if you are online for every single possible market update. If you like we can discuss what you think a "good" should cost, but I am not in favour of higher prices.

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Wed May 11, 2011 6:00 pm

For me: The overall-Price for an average Team should remain more or less the same. Now it's getting 5% cheaper: I bought a cheap flatrider (Bessy) for 95%, now a sprinter with great potential for 95%, next I might go for a Climber... for 95% of course.

And it cannot be the goal, that almost every rider goes for 95%, there are some riders that were bought a bit over Marketprice, but normally a rider is going for 95%. So there must be too many riders on the market!
A 48-58-82-35 Sprinter normally should be quite popular so go for 110-120%, I got him for 95%. Why? Simple answer: There are too many riders. Franco bought a 49-59-82-35, Elaska a 50-59-82-35, me a 48-58-82-35, and at least one 50-56-82-3x wasn't sold at all. And all this within 2-3 weeks, that's crazy!

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Wed May 11, 2011 6:28 pm

of course ZL, these sprinters came in a very short distance...but you also have to see, the whole april only 2,3 "ok-sprinter" were on the market...

buhmann did you change anything`?
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Wed May 11, 2011 6:35 pm

might be coincidence with the sprinters... i am not really looking (no money at the moment) but i haven´t seen a good classic rider with some real sprint skill (64+) that was his money worth yet since the new system started... not a SINGLE ONE i would have bought as substitute for Cutunio...(Cutunio was 56-73-68- 65 sprint)
and no new Nanni (72+ 55+ 70+ and sprint 55+) under 3 Mio too. (ok - waited 9 month to buy Nanni as well - this seems normal somehow...) but the classics...
correct me if i missed a really good one...

Quick

Post by Quick » Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 pm

There was a 54-74-69 with 66sprint for about 1.9million as far as i remember...
J-Czucz hype train