beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Rockstar Inc

Re: beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm

you understood me wrong...i just pointed out, that the argument "own rider covers the wheel...while the sprint" isn't true..
breaking a train is a idea...it's almost not possible at the moment..but well...i don't belive that we will see it in the next few years
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:06 pm

damn....

before the sprint, while the race....for sure...but not IN the sprint...the guys are in front cause of the leadout, piloting the sprinter or are in the back cause they did their job
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:45 am

l4w wrote:if you mean something between 0-200 meters, i agree

but especially in the case between sm and mtp, where the action which we are talking about happend at 500-1000, its completely different in my eyes
well but here you cannot correct it any more in most of the cases. you cannot really imrpove your position without losing the chance to win
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:19 am

correction isn't possible here agree...you can't steal a wheel, even if you're stronger, faster, better looking whatever...

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 pm

see my sprint 20h, Jaroslav took another wheel after his teammate Brandon did launch, he took it and still helping Brad, and that happen is UNBELIEVABLE, a rider who follow his teammate is 10 km behind him after that his teammate who help him took a wheel... UNBELIEVABLE :shock: :shock: :shock:

HOW is this possible ???
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:37 am

some time gone *push*

Rastaman

Post by Rastaman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:04 pm

maybe its said 100 times but i just had a problem, we are riding usa, and we start the sprint with 3 trains, due to some bad placements of the trains (what also happened to avaya the first stage) we werent able to participate for the win

My suggestion is if there are less than 3 trains they would start as far as possible from eachother. (With three trains i would say one in the middle)
I hope this will be solved asap

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:11 pm

Yup, its very bad that during sprint where isnt so many riders sprinting some guys are still blocked by some sasuages.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Maybe if we can choose the placement at the start of the sprint it can be a first step. Choose if wwe want sprint at left, in middle or at right, and not only wait God decide for us where our guys will sprint can be nice.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 am

BON QUAND EST CE QUE TU LE FOUS EN L AIR TON PUTIN DE SYSTEME DE MERDE ??!!

Ok nothing new, but since I'm pissed i write it once more.

-There was supposed to be an energy reform, it was announced... I bought riders with more reg... and nothing happened.
-Nothing clear was announced for sprints, I make a hillsprinter team... an idiotic new system is put in the game and the whole hillsprinter thing doesn't work as it used to, because you HAVE TO make a leadout (which if of course impossible for a hillsprinter team, when a classic team can have 3 or 4 guys with more than 60 sprint).... it's almost impossible to get a decent wheel, too risky and random... and even if you succeed then there are "tactics" used by other teams to remove you from the sprint.
Nice improvement to help the parasite team who are able to keep their 4 riders fit for the last km !!

So thanks a lot for making my teambuilding completely useless, big buhman. I'm really really sick of it.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Avaya

Post by Avaya » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:15 pm

yep, as Rasta said, we had 2 Sprints in USA 18h where two/three trains (6Teams) were placed next to each other and of course at top or bottom, so you could do nothing but let your captains fall and follow the train from far behind.. I can understand that thing happen when there are like 12teams sprinting with 6 riders each, but 5Teams with 3-4riders each.. not realistic imo or lets say not really good for the sprint.

Nothing clear was announced for sprints, I make a hillsprinter team... an idiotic new system is put in the game and the whole hillsprinter thing doesn't work as it used to, because you HAVE TO make a leadout (which if of course impossible for a hillsprinter team, when a classic team can have 3 or 4 guys with more than 60 sprint).... it's almost impossible to get a decent wheel, too risky and random... and even if you succeed then there are "tactics" used by other teams to remove you from the sprint.
yep, its quite dumb how the system works, I think nopik means one special sprint, where Moreau (64Sprint) could follow his Hillsprinter Bloembergen (87Sprint?) thats not really realistic too, normally he could not follow this tempo, and if he can, he should pay at least half the energy it cost Bloem.

The "follow-thing" is freakin bad buhmann, there are 2 options, either you can follow somone sprinting and pay NO (or lets say 20-40?)energy for it, while the one sprinting pay huge loads of energy or you cannot follow directly behind the wheel and pay shit loads of energy. where is the object? In one scenario you can easy follow without losing energy in the other it's like your rider is drinking salt water.. non sense.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:01 pm

It's pure RSF, that's what it is.
You are in the peloton and don't do tempo and don't spend any energy whatsoever, or you make tempo and you are not in the race for the win anymore.
He did the same system for the sprint. Instead of slowly correcting the first scenario.
And for good measure he included the "sectrick" too. Start sprinting with your nr 2, stop following him with your leader, oh oh! It's TACTICS...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:53 pm

kann man das eklige blocken mit einem flachfahrer nicht endlich mal abschaffen.
kann doch nicht sein das man sich an keinen Sprinter mehr hängen kann wenn der seinen mit einem flachfahrer mit 50 sprint absichert. meinetwegen den sprinter da er ja helfen muss in dem fall mit 100 oder noch mehr kraftverlust bestrafen. mach so einfach kein spass mehr

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 pm

ach Libby...du glaubst noch an das Gute im Menschen...an sowas wie Interesse...ich bewunder deinen Enthusiasmus ;)

Hunsrueck

Post by Hunsrueck » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 pm

bergwerk<17:13>: ich habe echt keinen Bock mehr ... scheiße
bergwerk<17:11>: Fuck the sprint
bergwerk<17:11>: wofür setzte ich mich 2 Stunden an den Rechner ???
bergwerk<17:10>: @rockstar ... kannst du dir bitte mal den 15 Uhr Sprint anschauen und mir sagen was da wieder los war ... ich geh heulen
the old man says what I think :oops:

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:11 pm

More dummy teams would not be a solution or?...

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:04 pm

what? :shock:

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Hmm. Was an answer for an other thread...sorry :roll:
kann doch nicht sein das man sich an keinen Sprinter mehr hängen kann wenn der seinen mit einem flachfahrer mit 50 sprint absichert.
Werde das irgendwie anders lösen. Einfluss des Flachwertes verringern wohl am besten. Oder nur für die Flachfahrer die "von vorne" sprinten?

Chense

Post by Chense » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:15 pm

Einfluss des Flachwertes aufs hängen? ja! Allgemein im Sprint? Nein! Eher stärken gerade am Anfang!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Aber ist das dann nicht unlogisch? Könnte jetzt leicht machen, dass der Bonus für den Flachwert nur gilt, wenn er von vorne sprintet. Aber, ob das so der richtige Ansatz ist weiß ich nicht.

Chense

Post by Chense » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:09 pm

Buhmann wrote:Aber ist das dann nicht unlogisch? Könnte jetzt leicht machen, dass der Bonus für den Flachwert nur gilt, wenn er von vorne sprintet. Aber, ob das so der richtige Ansatz ist weiß ich nicht.
Ich fänds halt vorallem wichtig, dass der Flachfahrerbonus am Anfang weiter gilt ... ist imo logisch dass der Flachwert für die Position eine gewisse Rolle ... im Sprint an sich ist so ne Sache ... sollte nen gewissen einfluss haben aber keinen sehr großen ... je weiter vom ziel weg desto mehr ... siehe mein thread (den du immernoch nicht beantwortet hast :P) beim hängen ist nochmal was ... ich denke mal hängen kann am ende ein sprinter eher als ein flachfahrer weil er ja die "erfahrung" hat wie das ist sich für ein paar hundert meter woran zu hängen ... ein flachfahrer passt vllt. eher bei geringerem tempo auf und ist dann am ende bei ner rapiden tempoverschärfung am arsch :D

luques

Post by luques » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:13 pm

3 sprinters teams are proliferating!

I think something should be changed at the start of the sprint. When you launch the sprint whatever is the rider you use (supposing you have energies) you are always in front, you can be max 1cm behind the one who is in front... this is no sense, i would say that already in the positioning when launching the sprint the distance between players must be greater (and giving more importance to flat power when launching).

I mean simple short race sprint, i launch the sprint with a 55sprint and flat, the other with a 80sprint no flat, we are almost in the same position when launching, after the first 50m he takes 5-6 bikes of advantage :lol:

radekdeboktor

Post by radekdeboktor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:31 pm

That could be a good improvement with just a little change
Team Boktorense

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:29 pm

I also agree with luques, at start of the sprint more important should be flat than sprint, for around 150m

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:04 pm

Okay, looks at which time my train change file my sprinter lose the contact with the rest of the train for another sprinter. 2 days it makes it. Thanks Buh !