A couple of ideas for the sprint system

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

luques

A couple of ideas for the sprint system

Post by luques » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Hi everybody!

Had a couple of ideas for the sprint system that I wanted to share, maybe on something we can work on.

1) Sprint Speed: introducing a new variable that is the speed of the rider. It will affect just in few cases the sprint. For example, if someone is trying to tricksprint and rider x stop to follow, he will not lose so much contact to the rider in front, but gradually (like in 50m he takes 5m distance, in 100m he takes 15m and so on).

Another potential option can be during escape sprint, if nobody is sprinting and you start to sprint you go in front of everybody, no matter how many energies. Instead now it seems that when you sprint with low energies against riders that are not sprinting you are not able to get in front or whatever.

2) Different attribution of lines: every train should try to get the central line or to be able to decide where to put himself (in case of more teams fighting for that position the flat value may have influence). Once you have your line you are able to change it, not just by going right or left but you can really decide on what line position your train (obviously if nobody else is already there and with some extra energy consumption).

Don't know if I was clear, let me know if there is something you would like to implement / improve.

Robyklebt

Re: A couple of ideas for the sprint system

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Sounds good. 1 very nice, not so sure about the escape thing though. The result would be that the one that sprints first goes to the front, and since it's a low energy sprint, once the guys behind him try, it will be difficult to dislodge him.
2 not sure I understand all the implications yet, so no real opinion. Need to think it over. One problem I see already is: You want to go from third line right to second line right. Somebody else does the same. He's in front. And you'll be blocked. An intelligent sprinter would then keep going right, but would that guy with this command be intelligent enough? (Right now theoretically they should be, practically it's kind of 50-50, sometimes they are intelligent, sometimes not.)
Anyway, good that you go for some improvements, of course people that like tricksprints like Schmitzkatze will find lots of faults with all the ideas that try to get rid of tricks etc... but do it!

Another thing I'd like to see:
Once you put sprint in, meaning "sprint now", you can't put it back to "mitgehen" anymore. You still can put in the "complete" stop, but not back to mitgehen.
It's something that actually kind of makes sense or is even realistic in small groups. But even now it's abused often.
And if that anti-trick sprint measure is put in (I like it), then it would be abused more often. Guy in train goes, leader doesn't follow. Next km with only little advantage there is a big chance somebody will follow... so just put him out and "fuck" the guy following. Once you sprint, either you sprint til the end, or you "give up" completely.

And I hope those are only ideas for a temporary solution. And that once you have more time after the killing of flash, you'll still try to redo the whole system from scratch. IMO this one is too flawed to be completely saved by stopgap measures.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

sgumgub

Post by sgumgub » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Have you ever seen me doing a tricksprint? Even when I had the chance like last stage of Abu Dhabi, I didnt do it. Cause I hate it.

So do not bring my name in any line with tricksprints, thanks.

Bear

Post by Bear » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Sprint Speed -

do you want a new skill which is...

- trainable
- indirect trainable via sprint and/or flat (like pave skill via flat skill)
- not trainable (fixed skill)

Do we need a speed skill to prevent trick sprints. The situation where a guy stops to follow... the riders behind should go around this guy automatically and try to follow the guy in front the rider who stopped spinting. Make it lose him energy, but it's stupid that this guy stays behind the slow guy, cyclists are not stupid ;)

Maybe talk about "waves". If one train is going right, the train right next to this train goes right as well. If one guy stops, the train goes automatically around this one, and so do other trains following first action... dont know if this makes sense :D

Maybe I am not into this subject as you are because you already talked this stuff over and over again.