World Championships

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

World Championships

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:55 pm

One of the many reasons the World championships arent' popular at c4f is: A big peloton of super riders, 3/4 of them completely unknown. So change the selection criteria. Only D1-D3 rider are able to be selected. The result: It's not a big mass of equal riders anymore, there are stronger and weaker teams, and that's what makes races interesting. And more of the guys starting are known. Rather than an unknown 75-82-79-50-65 from D7 we get a weakling with 62-80-65-53-48, but a guy that is recognized by more managers.

Do it. Not for this WC most likely, not enough time, but for the next one, whenever that will be.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Wookie

Re: World Championships

Post by Wookie » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:46 pm

And the offline rule could also be nice here.

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Where can I upvote this post?
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:24 pm

Big Donks thinks ahead and finds old posts.

In August we'll have the World Championships. Better to talk about it before, not after.

So what to change? See the first post that LIzard wanted to upload.

The point is not to punish the teams in D4+, but to make the race more interesting. If x teams show up with almost identical lineups, being able to choose from a big pool, the race just becomes what it has been for many years now, sort of boring and blocked. Teams with weaknesses make the race interesting, not 10 superteams.

Now with our low numbers of course even with D1-7 the problem would be smaller, fewer teams get to make the super line up, but still would implement that brilliantly thought out change now.

For U23/24 this limitation shouldn't apply. And there riders with 0 points should be able to ride as well.

Then number of teams, probably right now we could do with fewer teams, especially in the U24 where we just had too many teams. But don't have a good number to propose right now.

For August IMO the race on Sunday makes most sense, but only if Alk/Gipfel can be on to correct eventual bugs. Next best Saturday, if that doesn't work for them either, ok, during the week.

Times: Elite in the evening, works. But if we have them more than once a year (like we used to have) IMO at times IF it's on a weekend the afternoon should get the elite too. Afternoon on weekends is (used to be, haven't checked lately) fairly strong.

So far the TT and the RR were quite far apart. IMO better to start them one after another. So for August something like U23: 10 TT 11 RR (or 9+10) Elite 20 TT 21 RR.

Choosing nations: STart on the second of August (first ok too, but might be tight with bug issues or something, better to give Alkfel some time?) with the D1 leader , 3 hours later nr 2 etc, . AT some point have 2 teams that can choose every 3 hours, then 4... then at the end of D2 open it for all at once? Something like that, like it used to be.

Open teams, from the morning of the race IF it's somehow technically possible, let people that already have a team, choose one in the other race as well.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:46 pm

Any news about the WC? or is it still too hard to implement and has less priority?

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:59 pm

Should be possible, it's just a lot of effort for two race days next year (WC and Olympics). A few times, I was starting to think about it, then forgot it again :) And I'll be on vacation during the Olympics, so no chance to fix anything for me at least.

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:10 pm

Well, I'm asking because I had a nations race series suggestion, but guess I'll keep it to myself for now. :)