Abolish short races?

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Buhmann

Abolish short races?

Post by Buhmann » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:47 am

We are thinking about qutting the short races. There are too few player for this. Short races are boring and i think most of players only do this to get a point. This is not really the idea of this. So the idea is: Abolish short races and give instead some race points for free every month and player coudl earn some by winning races.
What do you think? Ok to cancel the short races? I am afraid of losing new users because they think this is the real game feels like...

team fl

Re: Abolish short races?

Post by team fl » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 am

Personally, I don't care about the short races.

How you want to give away race points is up to you I guess.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

luques

Post by luques » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:11 pm

100% Agree with you Buh. There is not much interest for short races, and few players make no interesting even the races to take the point. And there is not even a teaching purpose. So imo no reason to continue the experiment.

How many race points to give? Consider GTs, clearly they require most of the points and should they be played by everyone or just by license users?
Always give a free race every day, so that every user will be able to play every day.

P.S. Imo the game needs something new, it would give some new life. Even something small, it has been too static for too much time.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:47 pm

I am against abolish short race.
Okay it is true that only few players ride them and it is essentially to win race point. BUT sort race is interesting to test things you can't test in race, about energy, tempo, attack, sprint, wind effect, etc...
Maybe you can just revisiting the idea of short races, no race-points or palmares for them, but make 3 or 4 times with a 60-100km races, which aren't longer than 100km. Or find the motivation and/or time to implant the energy reform and use short race for that :)
Idéfix wrote:ps : if something could make RSF more attractive for new (and probably young) players, it is design! Even the forum is more sexy than the game^^ I presented the game to some friends, geeks and cycling/sports lovers, and all said it's ugly :p (for me, the game is greeeeaaat! but indeed, it's not really sexy/modern ;-))
The same here, when people see it is a flash game, else if the principe is interesting for them, they don't want to test it :(

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:11 pm

They don't like flashing?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

luques

Post by luques » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:24 pm

Idéfix wrote:
luques wrote:How many race points to give? Consider GTs, clearly they require most of the points and should they be played by everyone or just by license users?
Always give a free race every day, so that every user will be able to play every day.
To my mind, giving one free race every day is useless. If the free race is at a time you cannot play, and if all other races are not free (and if there is no short races, so no possibility to earn race points), then that means that you have to pay to play. If the objective is to bring new users, I think it is not the good way...

ps : if something could make RSF more attractive for new (and probably young) players, it is design! Even the forum is more sexy than the game^^ I presented the game to some friends, geeks and cycling/sports lovers, and all said it's ugly :p (for me, the game is greeeeaaat! but indeed, it's not really sexy/modern ;-))
Sure, for this the free race should change time day after day, one day give away the morning, the other day give away the afternoon etc...
You will have a tot of race points at the start of every month I guess so for sure you can play (it depends if Buh has other plans).

At the same time various players (at least in the italian community) left the game because they didn't have time to play short races, just an example:

viewtopic.php?p=75336#p75336

Short races aren't funny, most of the time you have to face bots... it's just a waste of time for new players imo. Just tell "Click the banner and you get a free race point" and it will be more useful for both (just an example).

--------

BTW agree with Poke, my idea was to create a system where every player can schedule a race (private or public). For example Poke can choose to play a race at 16 (and can decide what race to play not random). So Poke actually creates a race and can decide if it public (so everybody can see it and play) or private(?) (like with password) to play with his friends.

No Palmares, no points, no race points, no money. Just for fun and to test.

P.S. Graphic yes, but I guess it is too long :(

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:30 pm

Robyklebt wrote:They don't like flashing?
No, they prefer see Donkeys flashing !

And maybe back to the old system of 10 races-points at the start of the month can be an idea.

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:32 pm

Idéfix wrote:
luques wrote: BTW agree with Poke, my idea was to create a system where every player can schedule a race (private or public). For example Poke can choose to play a race at 16 (and can decide what race to play not random). So Poke actually creates a race and can decide if it public (so everybody can see it and play) or private(?) (like with password) to play with his friends.

No Palmares, no points, no race points, no money. Just for fun and to test.
Nice idea :)
I like that too, but again, it's a lot of work... There're more imoprtants things to do. How is energy's reform system? :-)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:53 am

Thanks for feedback. I will think about turorial races instead of short races and establishing a new (or the old) race point system.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:43 pm

I will suggest, no more race points.
Just give free race. Afterall make the game more fun for all. And insert a sponsor at start and end of every race to made money.
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Quick

Post by Quick » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:44 pm

Free races for everyone. Youth market - license only. Would help against all these farmers too...just saying.
J-Czucz hype train

luques

Post by luques » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:14 pm

Pirkio wrote:I will suggest, no more race points.
Just give free race. Afterall make the game more fun for all. And insert a sponsor at start and end of every race to made money.
Yea, so more then license let's call it a donation ;)

Like more Quick's idea.

FelgueirasPT

Post by FelgueirasPT » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Pls dont abolish short races, cause i like to pratice new ideas on it, and sometimes some more race points its good so i dont stop playing.
Player since 2012, FelgueirasPT ftw!

FelgueirasPT

Post by FelgueirasPT » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:11 pm

And other thing, if is a race, just to race, with no race points for the winner, it turns even more boring, cause the players in it will be fighting for nothing. at least, when we racing in short races we fight for the race point, thats my opinion

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:16 am

well.. is a test sometimes, btw I still suggest to abolish race points from the game.
In a normal game you can do all the basic thing for free, and pay for extras.. Ride races and tours should be a basic thing..
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:46 am

FelgueirasPT wrote:And other thing, if is a race, just to race, with no race points for the winner, it turns even more boring, cause the players in it will be fighting for nothing. at least, when we racing in short races we fight for the race point, thats my opinion
how many times does anybody really have to "fight" for the race points. I mean I did some short races recently, most of the time I was alone, often with 1 other team that was off the whole race
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

FelgueirasPT

Post by FelgueirasPT » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:59 pm

When i dont have competition races, i'm almost all the time doing short races, and its true that not much people do it, but i already teached 3 or 4 newbies, how to play, how to sprint, and things like that.

High Flyer

Post by High Flyer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:40 pm

I think that we either keep thing the way they are with race points and short races or get rid of them both.
There shouldn't be a limit of how many races per week/ month/ season.

Howver, it is true that short races are useless with the prize of a race point. I mean, can you really test race plan on a unpredictable race with 4 riders who you dont even know will fit in the race. Yet, for some weird reason, I just like it being there. Racing without the thought of money loss/gain.

Liquigas-CND

Post by Liquigas-CND » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:15 pm

Keep short races as they are, maybe with possibility to inscript 6 riders and to diversify the profiles and length of each short race. and let the possibility of winning race points.

I think you should try to improve technically the game ... taking the possibility of winning race points then we will have less players than now.

I saw a lot of new players as well as old players competing in short race either for learning or for race points but of course if you want to earn more money you can give the possibility to race only to guys with licence and then the game will become more boring and with very few players.

Thx for letting us know your final decision:)
-GC: Giro'15,'16,18,19;TDF'16,'18,'20;Vuelta'16,'17,'18;Tirreno'16,Catalunya'16,'18,Suisse'16,Romandie'16, Vasco'19,Andes'16
-Stages won in GTs:57
-Classics:17

radekdeboktor

Post by radekdeboktor » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 pm

I think we should have less short races. If we had 1 race every hour people would race together. The only problem doing so would be the dificult of making race points. To mend it, give points to 2 or 3 riders.
Team Boktorense

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:36 pm

radekdeboktor wrote:I think we should have less short races. If we had 1 race every hour people would race together. The only problem doing so would be the dificult of making race points. To mend it, give points to 2 or 3 riders.
I like this idea.

NoMoreIdols

Post by NoMoreIdols » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:10 pm

Quick wrote:Free races for everyone. Youth market - license only. Would help against all these farmers too...just saying.
Let's join in the conversation, generally I support this idea and I would also decrease the spawn rate of div 6 youngsters or even stop making div 6 youngsters.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:45 pm

NoMoreIdols wrote:
Quick wrote:Free races for everyone. Youth market - license only. Would help against all these farmers too...just saying.
Let's join in the conversation, generally I support this idea and I would also decrease the spawn rate of div 6 youngsters or even stop making div 6 youngsters.
+1
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour