Pavé riders restricions

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

team fl

Pavé riders restricions

Post by team fl » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:34 am

There is now a limit for young pavé riders: No more than 3 riders younger than 24 with pavé skill higher than 73
Wouldn't it be better to have progressive limits from the age of 20?

73 pavé for riders younger than 24 is quite usual, isn't it? Let's say you buy a 72 flat rider with 68 pavé and train him in flat, because you have a sprint team. Those are possible 12 x flat trainings under the age of 24 which means 68 + 12 x 0.7 pavé = 76.4 with 84 flat. with 65 pavé, which is not really much either, this rider would have 73.4 pavé.

In conclusion, this means that a team is not able to buy four riders at the age of 23 with 73 or more pavé. Which is not really a big deal for pavé. But besides that, a team is able to by four 72.9 pavé riders from the youth transfer market. So I would rather suggest the following:
no more than 3 riders younger than 22 with pavé skill higher than 71, no more than three riders younger than 23 with pavé skill 73, no more than three riders younger than 24 with pavé skill 75.
... or something like that.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Cerro Torre RT

Re: Pavé riders restricions

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:12 pm

I'd be with you totally, that is more of a flat rider's limit than a pavé rider's limit.

Even fl's proclaimed numbers are too low in my opinion, as you have to take into account that most riders only train a few more points in flat when older than 23. A rider with 75 pave at the age of 23 will maybe get a quite good pavé helper if beeing a good flat rider, but never a true captain for that terrain.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:19 pm

Okay, I got the point. I will improve it.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:23 am

Cerro Torre RT wrote:I'd be with you totally, that is more of a flat rider's limit than a pavé rider's limit.

Even fl's proclaimed numbers are too low in my opinion, as you have to take into account that most riders only train a few more points in flat when older than 23. A rider with 75 pave at the age of 23 will maybe get a quite good pavé helper if beeing a good flat rider, but never a true captain for that terrain.
Nothing against you, but do you built your pave team to prove that this restriction is totally useless ? :lol:

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:01 pm

And it cost me quite a lot of timing issues to get through it. You are right, my team shows that it doesn't work, if you are lucky to find and win your youth riders the right moment. But I won't grieve for that, for I am not a friend of those restrictions in the first place.