Weather

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Weather

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:31 pm

We can talk about improvements here too, but the ape just has a question.

For example today: Log says 32 degrees, sunny. On the left of the profile it says 22 degrees sunny. What is correct? My guess is the 22 degrees here, that 32 would be at 0 meters altitude... sounds logic... But is it that? Plus, why not put the actual temperature in the log too if it's like that?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Re: Weather

Post by Buhmann » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:39 pm

It is like that. The reason the in the log it is not displayed correct is a bug.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:00 pm

Should have known it.

And read the "it is like that" as I like that first... :lol: The sad thing is I wasn't surprised. 8-) Ok, a bug to be corrected in 2018 then.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:51 pm

A new element for the real cycling freaks: Realistic weather!
Starting from now, the weather of all races depend on the weather report for the relevant day, which was made in the night before. That means, that the strength of the wind, the temperature and of course the weather itself is similar to the reality. For the first version the weather of the capital of the country where the race is, is deciding.
Currently the climate which is shown at the tour overview popup does not decided how the weather will be. It is only important if it is a race at the coast (oceanic), so that the wind will be stronger for that race, because in reality, it will be stronger than in the capital, too.
Great idea theoretically. Currently I see the following problems with it:
1) In the current calendar we still have some races planned in Europe, which for the next months might pretty often be 0°. (All the teams with many riders and high reg of course can be happy about that).
2) Some, esp the big countries, have very different climates, e.g. Mexico with the capital on 2000m and some tropical areas in the south (20 degrees difference from the capital is not uncommon). Ok, it's the first version, so there's room for improvement. One interesting example could be La Marseillaise with Marseille probably having very different climate than Paris.
3) We still don't have negative temperatures, so I wouldn't call it realistic yet.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:56 pm

Realistic for the future, because we should only put races in the calenader where the temperature won´t have negative temperatures.

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:00 pm

buh:
because we should only put races in the calenader where the temperature won´t have negative temperatures.
that´s good. my south italians showed to be chickens at O°C...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Question here too:

Since we have the animated weather, the weather changes are not shown in the log anymore. Could we have that back in the log?

olmania

Post by olmania » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:57 pm

I noticed a thing during Bessèges, when old profiles are re-used, the weather improvements are not working. Still the old weather system.
We will have to fix that for profiles of the classic races and stage we re-use every year when the profile is still the same, the season is starting ! ;)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Weather things should work for old races. The map not.
Since we have the animated weather, the weather changes are not shown in the log anymore. Could we have that back in the log?
No, not necessary...you see the weather now directly. The wind, too. (The arrow at the map view)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes, necessary.

1) You don't see it unless you have a huge screen or scroll up all the time.
2) Nice to see it in the log afterwards

Actually BEFORE you saw the weather change directly. In the log. Now you don't .Do I need to post a screenshot to show you what I, and I guess the average user, usually sees during a race?

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:47 pm

Not necessary, i don´t have the biggest screen, too.

But not important the thing in the log. Low low prio...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:09 pm

Then what was seeing it rain in the profile???? Below low?

Plus, it was there before, should not be very time consuming putting it back in? My guess is that it would already be done, if you were doing it instead of arguing with me!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:01 pm

Internally the weather do not change, because every km has his own weather (ok, at the moment for every km the same...). So the old thing is not usable.

Seeing the weather in the profil was higher prio...leso made the work that we have realistic weather. But if nobody see this weather it is really silly.

olmania

Post by olmania » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 am

Buhmann wrote:Weather things should work for old races. The map not.
Not true. During the "old profile design" stages of Besseges, weather was crap, like 15° with rain sometimes or so ...
New profile stages I did this year because the stages were different, 1-2° and sun = right weather

;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:29 am

If we had the weather in the log we could check :!:

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 am

The weather things must work for the old races. Has not anything to do with old race or not. If there was something wrong, there was a bug.

olmania

Post by olmania » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:24 pm

Negative temperatures please :!:

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:43 pm

Hum Buh, maybe I am wring, but I have the feelings that the weather has less infuence on energy like before. For exemple it looks hard rain has no effect when in the past with 2 helps and no tempo you lose easily energy.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri May 02, 2014 3:30 pm

If thats true, it is wrong since months...