beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

glasgowracing

Re: beta sprint test notes / Sammelthread

Post by glasgowracing » Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 am

Dünkirchen Etappe 5, 23 Uhr

100m: Anweisung an Graham Fitkin - sprint jetzt rechts, er geht aber nach links.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Tue May 07, 2013 12:13 am

Taza - Meknes, 21 Uhr

Otto Tausk, glaub bei 100m
befehle links zu sprinten, er geht aber nach rechts - evtl. weil das hinterrad an dem er geklebt hat auch nach rechts gesprintet ist? Hat das Einfluss, soll das Einfluss haben?

Team Lausitz

Post by Team Lausitz » Tue May 07, 2013 8:12 pm

ganz grosses kino dieses system. der grösste rotz. man hat nichtmal ansatzweise eine chance gegen diese drecksparasiten. moscowtour ein team mit 4 sprinter dabei sein zug viel zu stark und so landet ein 88 sprinter vor 95 und 97, die 100m vorm ziel nichts aufholen auf den zug vom parasiten. nach der tour verkaufe ich alle starken sprinter

Moscow Team Pro

Post by Moscow Team Pro » Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Team Lausitz wrote:ganz grosses kino dieses system. der grösste rotz. man hat nichtmal ansatzweise eine chance gegen diese drecksparasiten. moscowtour ein team mit 4 sprinter dabei sein zug viel zu stark und so landet ein 88 sprinter vor 95 und 97, die 100m vorm ziel nichts aufholen auf den zug vom parasiten. nach der tour verkaufe ich alle starken sprinter
there was a need to try to change something in the system of flying, but frankly this new system is unconvincing. Realistically speaking train can be a great sprint 87 plain 60/80 plain 75 sprint / sprint 85/90 + sprint. There are four runners who a sprinter team can have, and it's worth having, but frankly I can already see teams with 3/4 88 + sprinter and without gregarious plains waiting to be led by teams sprint "true" and then win easily . Having a strong team on the plain with 4 sprinter is impossible or nearly so, and then he is bound or to do the job and losing or hope for a group of players "honest". Too bad I'm having less and less.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Wed May 08, 2013 3:01 am

Team Lausitz wrote:ganz grosses kino dieses system. der grösste rotz. man hat nichtmal ansatzweise eine chance gegen diese drecksparasiten. moscowtour ein team mit 4 sprinter dabei sein zug viel zu stark und so landet ein 88 sprinter vor 95 und 97, die 100m vorm ziel nichts aufholen auf den zug vom parasiten. nach der tour verkaufe ich alle starken sprinter
Man sollte schon Anreize dafür schaffen, dass sich die Anschaffung eines Sprintteams lohnt. Sprich also, je stärker die Flachfahrer, je besser der Zug. Auf den ersten 300 Metern muss der Flachwert zählen. Man sollte zudem überlegen, ob man nicht, vorallem bei den Sprint und Zeitfahrwerten, gewisse Einschränkungen machen muss im Bezug auf die Anzahl Fahrer mit gewissen Werten in der Aufstellung.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Wed May 08, 2013 3:15 am

I want to say I like the new sprint.

I like how the flat give you a better position in the start (extremely important for controll better)
I like how the energy change in every thing you do (like follow and chase a far rider)
I like also how the energy are extremely important in the end.

It give the opportunity to all to have chances. Now we can't see it because there are only 2 - 3 sprinter team for every stage, but when the team will be 7 - 8 something will change, with outsider's crazy sprint from 200 mt, and favourite, powerfoul trains whatch each other till the 50 mt
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Blaue Quellen

Post by Blaue Quellen » Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 am

The flat-strength only balances the sprint-strength on the first 50m to some extent. In fact a 7x-sprinter with 6x flat still comes out in front of a 89 with 5x sprint. After those initial 50m the flat-strength is virtually negligible. In a really big massive sprint the sprinters who are being pulled by their flat train are blocked, and have to spend some power to get any decent wheel. Hence they lose so much power they don't have any chance against the 9x-8x-8x-7x trains.
Furthermore such a train has quite many tactical options, i.e. letting the "best" sprinter fall by hanging him on the sprinter who follows him, so that both will lose the contact to the train. By such tactical means one can block a whole sprinter-train, and render it useless.
To a certain extent it is realistic, that sprinters can be blocked or "built in", but, as Roby clearly stated, normal pullers let themselves fall, so that the sprinters can "squeeze through".

Nothing has changed since my last posting: the new system works under certain conditions (small groups, especially escapers or classics) quite well, but right now it does not enhance the chances of the "working-teams". To the contrary, it promotes the socalled parasite-teams with two or three half-sprinters plus high 8x/low 9xsprinters.

My team's lineup will be clearly changed according to the new system. I will possibly go back to the classic-branch, and will retain two or three cheap parasites for flat-stages. Gone are the days of the water-team's work to control flat-stages for sure. But it might be intended, that flat-stages will become more chaotic with the absence of some "pure" sprinter-teams. If this is the case, the sprint mechanics should stay this way.

Yes, that's polemic. I know, and I am absolutely willing to be polemic.
Last edited by Blaue Quellen on Wed May 08, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing is true, and everything is permitted!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed May 08, 2013 1:07 pm

It looks like the balance is still missing a bit. I see the following issues (my personal opinion):
1) Like BQ said, the flat skill is not important enough yet. Parasite sprinters are way too important here, especially for cutting off trains. Being able to only follow one rider (own helper OR opponent) makes the following kind of a lottery. But I also don't know, if following an own guy AND optionally an opponent would make it too easy for strong sprinters again.
2) The difference in energy consumption for sprinting vs following is huge, while I assume it costs some more energy to just follow someone riding 65 km/h than the 5 - 10% (?) of the sprinting guy we have now.
3) In big groups the road looks a bit crowded, five, six trains going in parallel and half the riders are blocked. In small groups it looks ok.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 pm

Blaue Quellen wrote:The flat-strength only balances the sprint-strength on the first 50m to some extent. In fact a 7x-sprinter with 6x flat still comes out in front of a 89 with 5x sprint. After those initial 50m the flat-strength is virtually negligible. In a really big massive sprint the sprinters who are being pulled by their flat train are blocked, and have to spend some power to get any decent wheel. Hence they lose so much power they don't have any chance against the 9x-8x-8x-7x trains.
Furthermore such a train has quite many tactical options, i.e. letting the "best" sprinter fall by hanging him on the sprinter who follows him, so that both will lose the contact to the train. By such tactical means one can block a whole sprinter-train, and render it useless.
To a certain extent it is realistic, that sprinters can be blocked or "built in", but, as Roby clearly stated, normal pullers let themselves fall, so that the sprinters can "squeeze through".

Nothing has changed since my last posting: the new system works under certain conditions (small groups, especially escapers or classics) quite well, but right now it does not enhance the chances of the "working-teams". To the contrary, it promotes the socalled parasite-teams with two or three half-sprinters plus high 8x/low 9xsprinters.

My team's lineup will be clearly changed according to the new system. I will possibly go back to the classic-branch, and will retain two or three cheap parasites for flat-stages. Gone are the days of the water-team's work to control flat-stages for sure. But it might be intended, that flat-stages will become more chaotic with the absence of some "pure" sprinter-teams. If this is the case, the sprint mechanics should stay this way.

Yes, that's polemic. I know, and I am absolutely willing to be polemic.

as I said, the sprint system should encourage teams to have a strong flat team. we see it in all real life sprints how important it is to bring your lead-out sprinter and your sprinter into a good position. This is not done by sprinters, but by rollers (aka riders with high flat skill). if this is not encouraged it will eighter make two friendly accounts team up, one bringing a flast armada, the other a sprinter armada or it will, as BQ suggests be the end of mass sprints as we know them.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu May 09, 2013 11:28 am

With good flat riders it is much easier to get a good start position for your leader, because with good flat riders you have better position at 50m and then of course a good position of your leader, too when you build a train.
Another idea without creating any unrealistic rule, would be the following:
Depending on flat riders in your team (or helpers?) the rider start with fewer energy in the sprint. Means: If you have very good flat riders for your leader; your rider start at 500 m with more (sprint-)energy than a sprinter without or bad flat riders in team.

Blaue Quellen

Post by Blaue Quellen » Thu May 09, 2013 12:27 pm

With a 88-92 flat plus sprint of 58 or so you get to the front row of the sprint ... of course, although such riders are not easy to create.

But what happens, if you pull your single world-class sprinter up there? Nothing, as you won't get the wheel of the parasite-trains in the crowded massive sprint in most cases. He will still be blocked or, be pushed away even by minor sprinters.

Even if you are lucky to "break" into such trains, which wheel will you take? Take the example of a train with a 91-87-82 and a 74 (I don't point towards any special team). If you hang your 95 on the 91 it is so easy for the train to get rid of him, and still win. Hang your own 91 on the 95's back ... the 91 won't follow his initial train, the line will be broken, and in most cases it will be an easy win for the 87 in the end.

I still think it is not a basic problem of the new system, but we need a way to solve the shown shortcomings. Some minor things will be sorted out (like a 95 not being able to overtake a 90), some open questions (form, influence of terrain etc.) will be answered. One can even argue, that the parasites are abusing the sense of the system, but even if it is an abuse, something has to be done about it.

And it has to be done quickly, as there are not many "pure sprinters" left, as I see it.

The idea that the flat-helpers raise (or lower) the initial sprinters' energy is tempting, but I am not sure, it will influence the sprint enough. But maybe if we can introduce some sort of system a la " the faster the flatties, the higher the sprint-energy" we can get it right, and I am willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu May 09, 2013 4:04 pm

What about giving 5 (?) oppurtunities to start the sprint, relating to the street. Like for example, "left, half left, middle, half right, right". A rider is not able to follow another rider who sprints on the other side of the road. Maybe it is just possible to go from one lane to the other in 50m or 100m steps..? What do you think?

PS: I dont have much experience with the new sprint system, just watched a couple of sprints.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Thu May 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Buhmann wrote:With good flat riders it is much easier to get a good start position for your leader, because with good flat riders you have better position at 50m and then of course a good position of your leader, too when you build a train.
Another idea without creating any unrealistic rule, would be the following:
Depending on flat riders in your team (or helpers?) the rider start with fewer energy in the sprint. Means: If you have very good flat riders for your leader; your rider start at 500 m with more (sprint-)energy than a sprinter without or bad flat riders in team.
I have seen sprints where 88 sprint lead out and was way ahead of a 90 flat 59 sprint or something. So the 1st part is not correct.

The new idea however is good. The fewer good rollers a team has, the more energy the sprinter needs to get or keep a good position in the pelOton. So it would only be logic that such a sprinter starts with less power. Question: Should the powerloss level be known or should it be hidden and everybody has to find out for themselves? If, what I think it is, the latter, then we should st least know how much flat skill is needed to achieve 0 loss.

A further idea would be to define a leader before the last 50kms (number can be discussed) start. And only this leader can receive full help from then on, i.e. have 2 helpers, but all other riders can only be helped by 1 rider.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Sun May 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Currently it is too easy to break a sprint chain, by just unfollwing your own rider. This is a huge advantage to parasite teams with multiple sprinters.
We should be able to try to follow several riders. i.e. follow your lead-out sprinter and one or several other sprinters. This is more realistic. A Cavendish would follow his leadout man but react once another sprinter passes his lead out.
May idea would be, that it would cost less energy to follow your 1st wheel (i.e. leadout), but when taking any of the 2nd, 3rd and so on option the sprinter would lose more energy.

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Sun May 12, 2013 9:48 pm

So meine Sprinter erstmal verkauft. Selten so eine schlechte Laune gehabt.
Wie kann man nur so ein Parasitenfreundliches Sprintsystem einbauen. Wie kann man da von Realismus sprechen wenn man bewusst Sprints beeinflussen kann.
Ich weiss garnicht was ich schreiben soll, so beschissen ist das Sprintsystem.

So my first Sprinter sold. Rarely had such a bad mood.
How can you install a parasite so friendly Sprint system. How can one speak of realism when you can consciously influence sprints.
I do not at all know what to write, so crappy is the Sprint system.

Brio-Rennstall

Post by Brio-Rennstall » Mon May 13, 2013 1:14 am

Und wenn sich da nix ändert, sind auch meine Sprinter bald weg. Wie kann man nur so einen Unsinn verzapfen? Mit diesem System sind Sprintteams einfach nicht mehr zu führen, die Parasiten dürfen schalten und walten. Ich hätte nicht gedacht, das das noch geht, aber das System ist ja noch schlechter als das Alte und das war schon bescheiden. So macht ein Sprintteam einfach keinen Sinn mehr, das drückt den Spaß sowas von in den Keller :evil:
Man kann hinfallen, die Kunst besteht darin, immer wieder aufzustehen

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Mon May 13, 2013 1:29 am

man lese von unten nach oben.... Spass macht das Sprinten an sich zwar, aber nicht viel Sinn.

Ambition: naja, bin gespannt was weiter passiert… gn8!
GlasgowRacing: im flachen brauchst flachfahrer die am ende keinen mehrwert haben.
TEAM LAUSITZ: richtig glasgow
GlasgowRacing: schon klar ambi. die fahrer die bei terrains mit 60er sprint gute chancen haben sind aber auch relativ teuer.
GlasgowRacing: dasslebe gilt auch für zeitfahrwerte. es gab (und gibt wohl) teams die einfach sinnlose zeitfahrteams zusammenstellen.oder auch pflasterteams.... es ist unrealistisch, dass teams die nur 3, 4 rennen pro jahr fahren, derartige spitzenteams haben. das zieht einfach multis an
Ambition: das ist relativ glasgow… je nach terrain kann ein 60er sprinter das nonplusultra sein. und ein 95er gar nichts
TEAM LAUSITZ: abwarten ob sich irgendwann was ändert, habe ja noch über 250 tage lizenz
GlasgowRacing: wobei ich das so klar nicht vormuliert hab glaub und der thread wie schon erwähnt eh eingeschlafen ist.
GlasgowRacing: einer meiner vorschläge war es ja auch, dass man nur noch eine bestimmte anzahl von sprintwerten mitnehmen kann. Also z.B. 2 Sprinter über 85 und total 3 über 70 oder sowas.
TEAM LAUSITZ: da hing ich am sieger
GlasgowRacing: wobei es wirklich keinen sinn macht solche teams zum sprint zu ziehen. da ist der vorteil zu massiv.
TEAM LAUSITZ: geht um den zug an sich. das man da nicht vorbeikommt
GlasgowRacing: das war aber auch ein neuling lausitz
TEAM LAUSITZ: dirk bei der moscow tour war ei team mit 4 sprinter, da hatte ich nichtmal ansatzweise ie chance vorbeizukommen

Avaya

Post by Avaya » Mon May 13, 2013 2:17 am

Die Ironie an der ganzen Sache ist, wenn starke Flachfahrer (87+), wie es die "richtigen" Sprinterteams mehrfach haben, einen Vorteil für den Sprint bringen, werden die sogenannten "Parasitenteams" diese auch kaufen, züchten was auch immer. Im Rennen werden sie dann trotzdem keinen Finger rühren & lassen dann die "richtigen" Sprinterteams wie gehabt arbeiten & sind dann im Sprint mit den fitteren Flachfahrern stärker und haben wieder einen Vorteil.
Also sind vielmehr die Parasiten an sich das Problem. Es macht keinen Unterschied bei nem Rennen mit 8 Fahrern dann 1x 9x Sprint fit zuhalten (2Helfer), 1x 8x Sprint fit zuhalten (1-2 Helfer), 1x 7x Sprint mit 7xFlach fit zu halten(1Helfer) oder dann 1x 9x Sprint fit halten (2Helfer), 1x 87+ Flach ... usw.

Im Grunde ganz einfach zu regeln: Reduziert die Anzahl der Fahrer mit über 80 Sprint pro Rennen auf 1 bei Rennen mit 8 Fahrern und auf vielleicht 2 bei Rennen mit 9 Fahrern.

Blaue Quellen

Post by Blaue Quellen » Mon May 13, 2013 5:11 pm

Still no further reaction by Buh :cry: You'll find my sprinters and flat-helpers on the market soon as I lost my last hope, something'd be done about the ne sprint-system's shortcomings .

Off-topic: As I don't want to change my attitude towards sprinting, I'll change my team, and then let my license run out.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Mon May 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Avaya wrote:Die Ironie an der ganzen Sache ist, wenn starke Flachfahrer (87+), wie es die "richtigen" Sprinterteams mehrfach haben, einen Vorteil für den Sprint bringen, werden die sogenannten "Parasitenteams" diese auch kaufen, züchten was auch immer. Im Rennen werden sie dann trotzdem keinen Finger rühren & lassen dann die "richtigen" Sprinterteams wie gehabt arbeiten & sind dann im Sprint mit den fitteren Flachfahrern stärker und haben wieder einen Vorteil.
Also sind vielmehr die Parasiten an sich das Problem. Es macht keinen Unterschied bei nem Rennen mit 8 Fahrern dann 1x 9x Sprint fit zuhalten (2Helfer), 1x 8x Sprint fit zuhalten (1-2 Helfer), 1x 7x Sprint mit 7xFlach fit zu halten(1Helfer) oder dann 1x 9x Sprint fit halten (2Helfer), 1x 87+ Flach ... usw.

Im Grunde ganz einfach zu regeln: Reduziert die Anzahl der Fahrer mit über 80 Sprint pro Rennen auf 1 bei Rennen mit 8 Fahrern und auf vielleicht 2 bei Rennen mit 9 Fahrern.

Der Vorteil wäre zumindest geringer.

Es muss auch stoppen, dass Teams die nur ein paar Rennen pro Jahr fahren mit Topteams an den Start gehen. Es ist vollkommen unrealistisch, dass jemand z.b. RSF nur in der Pave-Saison spielt und wirklich jedes Jahr genau dann daran denkt an RSF-Rennen teilzunehmen. Aber das gehört in einen anderen Thread.

Aktuell gehts um den Sprint, dort haben aktuell vernünftige Sprintteam nicht den Hauch einer Chance gegen Supersprint-Züge der Parasiten. Mit dem neuen Sprintsystem sind die Parasiten noch mehr im Vorteil gegenüber dem alten System. Genau dieser Punkt hätte sich jedoch ändern sollen, wenn ich mich nicht irre.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon May 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Was spricht jetzt dagegen dass man macht, dass Flachfahrer mit mehr (Sprint-)Energie an den Start gehen?

Und soll der Einfluss des Flachwertes für den Start noch größer gemacht werden?

Team ART

Post by Team ART » Mon May 13, 2013 9:56 pm

Zunächst mal: mir gefällt das neue Sprintsystem mittlerweile ausgesprochen gut.

Allerdings denke ich auch, dass man den sprintspezialisierten Teams eine stärkere Berücksichtigung des Flachwertes zugestehen sollte.
Ein starker Flachzug (90-88-86) sollte deshalb bei 500m eine deutlich bessere Ausgangsposition schaffen können, als ein Zug mit 66-80-90 Sprint. Danach sieht es natürlich anders aus. Insofern müssten sich die Sprinter-Teams auch an das veränderte System anpassen.

Wenn sich die Top-Sprinter belauern und nicht das HR wechseln, aufgrund von Angst vor Kraftverlust, zieht der 90er mit Anfahrern natürlich vorbei. Aber momentan der 66er Sprint-Anfahrer ja bei 500m einem 90er Flachfahrer gefühlt überlegen. Da sollte schon so viele Längen dazwischen liegen, dass der 66er erst nach ca. 150m zum Flachzug aufschließen kann.

Nagelt mich nich auf einzelne Werte fest, aber die Grundidee sollte klar sein. -----> Flachpower auf den ersten 150m wichtiger machen.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Wed May 15, 2013 9:29 pm

today 18:00 California:

2 guys in front of the peloton...last km, the sprint for the first group was shown for me...the sprint for the peloton not..couldn't switch to the sprint of the peloton by clicking on the group...had to reload the race to have access to the sprint of the peloton

had a rider in the first group...freude had no rider in front and also saw just the sprint of the 2nd group...with reloading the race it worked for him too
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 pm

Team ART wrote:Zunächst mal: mir gefällt das neue Sprintsystem mittlerweile ausgesprochen gut.

Allerdings denke ich auch, dass man den sprintspezialisierten Teams eine stärkere Berücksichtigung des Flachwertes zugestehen sollte.
Ein starker Flachzug (90-88-86) sollte deshalb bei 500m eine deutlich bessere Ausgangsposition schaffen können, als ein Zug mit 66-80-90 Sprint. Danach sieht es natürlich anders aus. Insofern müssten sich die Sprinter-Teams auch an das veränderte System anpassen.

Wenn sich die Top-Sprinter belauern und nicht das HR wechseln, aufgrund von Angst vor Kraftverlust, zieht der 90er mit Anfahrern natürlich vorbei. Aber momentan der 66er Sprint-Anfahrer ja bei 500m einem 90er Flachfahrer gefühlt überlegen. Da sollte schon so viele Längen dazwischen liegen, dass der 66er erst nach ca. 150m zum Flachzug aufschließen kann.

Nagelt mich nich auf einzelne Werte fest, aber die Grundidee sollte klar sein. -----> Flachpower auf den ersten 150m wichtiger machen.
Gute Flachfahrer nützen praktisch gar nichts aktuell, das muss sich ändern. Sonst gefällt mir das Sprintsystem auch.

gaurain rx

Post by gaurain rx » Fri May 17, 2013 5:22 pm

Well, Giro 14h

One guy sprinted von vorne, he was the only one. He increased the gap till 400m, then gap stayed the same (even decreased a bit) even if the other guys launched the sprint at 250m. I find it a bit strange ^^