New Layout

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Robyklebt

Re: New Layout

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks to eagle, found it!

Rainet T.
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait for the language page

With my computer I just had a 5 minutes loading-waiting session until it finally appeared. So just let it load and see if then something happens.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:19 pm

5 minutes waiting????? And in the old layout?

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm

If waiting does not work, try to delete your cache.

AlmavivaItalia

Post by AlmavivaItalia » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:24 pm

in italian "manual part" i click on everything but nothing appears and nothing change. I like to have a manual for participating in sprints

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 pm

Buhmann wrote:If waiting does not work, try to delete your cache.
already tried everything. deleting cache, different browsers, waiting for 20 minutes… i am pretty sure it has to do with the adobe flash version not supported anymore. :?

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Try to allow your flash player to save files on your hard disc.

Do you ever try the beta version which is online since a few weeks?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:11 pm

Buhmann wrote:5 minutes waiting????? And in the old layout?
Got slower too lately... Loading a ZC or the race took up to 30". But nothing compared to the "language chosing" site. Today 5' was a record, but before too regularly took me 2'+
Loading the race then though is fast. click and here it is, faster than it was on the old design the last weeks.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Buhmann wrote:Try to allow your flash player to save files on your hard disc.

Do you ever try the beta version which is online since a few weeks?
i tried the beta, but couldn't connect either. same thing… dead end street language selection.
and i allowed everything at adobe flash player for rsf (e.g. 10 mb cache), whitelisting in NoScript and Firefox/Minefield. but its an old version of flash player.

in the error console i get the following errors:

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'vertical-align'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/ ... _start.php
Line: 20

Warning: Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/lightbox.css
Line: 23

Line: 0

Warning: Unknown property 'text-algin'. Declaration dropped.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:22 pm

Please let people vote for the fairness voting after a race when they want, and not via pop-up. And not only positive or negative but also neutral as a third option.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Neutral is not necessary. Then positive if all is okay!

@RainterT:
Did you go into the the flash player settigns? (Right click on the application). Then settings and global settings. Try out something.

Which flashplayer version?

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Buhmann wrote:Neutral is not necessary. Then positive if all is okay!
There is not only good and bad. A team that's just quiet and passive during the whole stage and does nothing at all does not deserve neither a postive nor a negative voting but a neutral.

Another example. What about off-teams? Give them a negative voting if they did nothing wrong. A positive if the did, well, nothing?
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Buhmann wrote: @RainterT:
Did you go into the the flash player settigns? (Right click on the application). Then settings and global settings. Try out something.

Which flashplayer version?
im using an apple powerbook g4 with latest flash player release for PowerPC-processors:

and i already allowed, whitelisted everything in browser and flash player possible. here evidence for local cache:

i really think that either my flash player is not supported anymore, or there are some other problems flash player cant pass (see errors posted above).
Last edited by RainerT on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:56 pm

There is another settings for saving files in "global settings". Do you tried this, too?

Which player version do you have?

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Non-paying accounts get a race point for every win. I'm a paying account but just nothing? is this intended or a bug?

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:32 pm

For the first, yes.

Maybe a little bit money for the win is okay, too? 1.000? I thought that most players think is it better that way than any money prices.

NicoVanarlo

Post by NicoVanarlo » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:34 pm

Buhmann wrote:For the first, yes.

Maybe a little bit money for the win is okay, too? 1.000? I thought that most players think is it better that way than any money prices.
no, it's better to have this races just for fun.

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Buhmann wrote:There is another settings for saving files in "global settings". Do you tried this, too?

im using the last flash player release for PowerPC-processors (last version of osx is 10.5.6 aka "leopard" for PowerPC-Prozessors):

the advanced settings came with later versions… the one i use only got the settings-window appearing in the browser (picture above). i still think that the new rsf-version demands higher flash version (v11+) than i can install on my powerbook :?
i also got an imac in my working room, but its not the same to me playing rsf where i am sitting all day to work and playing rsf wherever i want to (park, living room etc.) with my laptop. but hey: seems like my 9 year old powerbook will have to be sent into pension althought it still does a great job. I dont think that many got laptops around that old and working.

Last edited by RainerT on Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:47 pm

Maybe extend licence for a day, which is equal to a free race point?

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 am

RainerT wrote:
Buhmann wrote:There is another settings for saving files in "global settings". Do you tried this, too?

im using the last flash player release for PowerPC-processors (last version of osx is 10.5.6 aka "leopard" for PowerPC-Prozessors):

the advanced settings came with later versions… the one i use only got the settings-window appearing in the browser (picture above). i still think that the new rsf-version demands higher flash version (v11+) than i can install on my powerbook :?
i also got an imac in my working room, but its not the same to me playing rsf where i am sitting all day to work and playing rsf wherever i want to (park, living room etc.) with my laptop. but hey: seems like my 9 year old powerbook will have to be sent into pension althought it still does a great job. I dont think that many got laptops around that old and working.

Did you see the screen with the flags to choose your language or only the white screen?

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:52 am

1) STATE-OF-THE-ART NEW MAC: at the tt today i played with a new up-to-date mac with up-to-date flash, all settings allowing everything to cycling4freaks.com and radsportfreaks.de etc.: all colums at "tactics" right of "energy use" were not shown until end of race ("risk", energy let etc.). setting "energy use" was also buggy. drop-down-menu was visible, but a click on different energy use didnt change the energy use (work-around: click to get drop-down and select wanted energy use with keyboards up- and down-keys). moreover it took like 4 kms until the race-times and the standing was updated. after the race i wanted to start a short race, there were no slots (usually at right of page) to put the riders.

2) OLD 9 YEAR OLD MAC: i get following lines/errors when entering cycling4freaks.com and hitting "play now" printed in the "web console" (last number in line with an error is line-number where problem occurs):
[00:09:45.311] GET http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/ ... _start.php [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 83ms]
[00:09:46.099] Error in parsing value for 'vertical-align'. Declaration dropped. @ http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/ ... art.php:20
[00:09:46.233] GET http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/ ... ad=effects [HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified 85ms]
[00:09:46.650] Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. @ http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/lightbox.css:23
[00:09:47.106] Error in parsing value for 'filter'. Declaration dropped. @ http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/ ... _start.php
[00:09:47.149] Unknown property 'text-algin'. Declaration dropped. @ http://www.cycling4freaks.com/radsport/ ... _start.php

i guess it got something to do with alpha-transparency (png) and old browsers that cant cope with it.
maybe problem is also connected to scriptalicious? cause "load=effect" does probably load more features then needed:
"By default, scriptaculous.js loads all of the other javascript files necessary for effects, drag-and-drop, sliders, and all of the other script.aculo.us features. If you don’t need all of the features, you can limit the additional scripts that get loaded by specifying them in a comma-separated list, e.g.:

<script src="scriptaculous.js?load=effects,dragdrop" type="text/javascript"></script>

The scripts that can be specified are: builder, effects, dragdrop, controls, and slider" (source http://madrobby.github.io/scriptaculous/)"

hope this can help solving problems for users with old PCs like me. cause this is a kind of game that imho should be able to run on almost all machines – i cant see features that extend the game itself, but just a new layout and the short races. so i dont know why its necessary to have a more fancy look if the usability decreases. i can use youtube, facebook with embedded videos, flash-games etc. on my OLD mac, but not rsf ;) thats confusing me…

thx for your efforts and ambitions with rsf! i really appreciate what you are doing :ugeek:
Last edited by RainerT on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:46 am, edited 6 times in total.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:55 am

It is a flash problem. No css or something else.

But you see the flash application now? Sorry, i don´t understand the whole problem

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:08 am

Buhmann wrote:It is a flash problem. No css or something else.

But you see the flash application now? Sorry, i don´t understand the whole problem
i can see it and log in on my NEW mac, but not in my OLD mac. but the new mac also got newest browser-versions whilst old mac is limited to latest PPC-releases (e.g. firefox 3.6; flash 10.1; osx leopard). these browsers got different features built in. like eg IE4 was not capable of displaying alpha-transparency.

but also on my NEW mac there are many bugs described in post above (safari and firefox). however. dont want to confuse, or stress you or whatever. good luck with solving the problems. to me its obvious that its not tested/working the same on different operating systems and on different browsers. others had mentioned problems too ;)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:35 am

On your old mac:

Do you see the screen with the flags to choose your language or only the white screen?

RainerT

Post by RainerT » Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:38 am

Buhmann wrote:Did you see the screen with the flags to choose your language or only the white screen?
looks like that: Image
and the web console tells me that there are problems with layout-values like "'text-algin" and scriptaculous.js-values…

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 am

The discribed problems in the web console should not be the problem. It is flash. But what the reason therefor is...no idea. I will try a few things, but not sure if i can solve this.

By the way: The bugs your told, you have on the old mac should be fixed now.