My suggestion for layout + new features

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Radomiak

My suggestion for layout + new features

Post by Radomiak » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:37 pm

Some time ago i said i will try to design new look for our game and today i would like to present you my idea.

First i need to say that i am a coder, not a designer so the layout isn't super mega pro awesome, but i think it's good enough to show you. If there is any other freak who would like to design a new layout, I can easily code it to html/css. Also to my design i added a few cool features(at least i think their are cool) for better personalisation of teams.

Index/home look: http://szyker.pl/c4f/index.html
- after login you see 2 lines of menu, before login you only see upper menu(like it's atm)
- newses, its a feature which imo can be implemented. Every team can write the "newses" about buying riders/races/wins/etc, like on forum in team presentation. The newest of the newses will be on homepage. You can view them and add comments.
- logo is taken from rsf site, it's not the best looking(this rsf sign) and should be replaced
Team profile look: http://szyker.pl/c4f/teamprofile.html
- most of the data on one page
- description of a team
- better logo
- between basic data and logo there should be look of jerseys of a team
- team newses(only for teams with rsf license?)
- riders have discription/bio, from every rider there will be link to his own profile (option: instead of description there can be for example achievements)
- click on a TeamName Transfers etc to expand info
- flags are missing(just didnt want to upload them)

What do you think about it? What our game master think about it? If both community and admin will be interested I can continue the work. But prolly not for free, it will take a lot of time and I need to eat something. It would be awesome if you all give me a new ideas, tell me what is bad, how can i improve it, everything can be changed. Also i can write most of the functions and implement them to the game if it's possible to use php/MySQL.
Last edited by Radomiak on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sylvainmeteo

Re: My suggestion for layout + new features

Post by sylvainmeteo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:41 pm

Loool, I laugh when I see the banner at the top of the page :lol: , but this is not bad at all (I really like the team page ^^) 8-)
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:35 pm

I redesigned homepage. Need to fix these live races and result tables to looks better, but 2lazy right now

luques

Post by luques » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Some graphic refresh is always well accepted. :)

I am also a coder and not a designer so can't give you help by this side anyway the graphic is ok!

Just for info, there are two some little errors (but as this is the first version maybe you have already correct them), the login and input text buttons go below the black border of the div id="banner", and the text in the class "rightmenutext" is in the middle of the page above the first news. I use a Google Chrome Browser.

Anyway nice job

P.S. Just for info, you used the xhtml doctype and not html5 doctype, don't like the compatibility problems of html5 :?:

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 am

Fixed, but whole code need to be rewritten anyway, it's too messy cos i was making it without any plan :(

glasgowracing

Post by glasgowracing » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:37 pm

sylvainmeteo wrote:Loool, I laugh when I see the banner at the top of the page :lol: , but this is not bad at all (I really like the team page ^^) 8-)
Almost dropped my notebook as I was laughing so hard.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:23 pm

I can´t adapt such a layout. We have one and i don´t see so much differences that i would work many weeks to change the current layout. It is not only changing the layout. There are many specials things (like chaning tactics, whole asynchron and so on).

New graphics and suggestions for changing the current layout a little bit would be very good. But changing all is not possible. Sorry.

Radomiak

Post by Radomiak » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 am

Well i expected such a answer. What about news feature?

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:39 am

Thats an interesting feature and is good for the community. I like it.