new idea: talent and resilency

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Rasmussenbank

new idea: talent and resilency

Post by Rasmussenbank » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:57 am

i was thinking about a new idea to increase the individualism of riders and changing the way we handle them on the transfer market. i want to make 2 new subskills called talent and resilency:

Talent: All riders are born with a certain talent to learn new things easier or faster, some others need more time to develop certain skills though:

++ (very talented): the rider will get a X1,25 modifier for every positive training chance (training chances increase more)
+ (talented): the rider will get a X1,125 modifier for every positive training chance (training chances increase slightly)
= (normal): the rider will get a X1 modifier for every positive training chance (nothing changes)
- (untalented): the rider will get a X0,875 modifier for every positive training chance (training chances decrease slightly)
-- (very untalented): the rider will get a X0,75 modifier for every positive training chance (training chances decrease more)

Resilency: the life of a cyclist is very tough, alot of races and training ask alot of a cyclists body, some riders are more resilent then others, increasing the life-span of their career compared to their colleagues:

++ (very resilent): the rider will get a X0,75 modifier for every negative training chance (negative training chances decrease more)
+ (resilent): the rider will get a X0,875 modifier for every negative training chance (negative training chances decrease slightly)
= (normal): the rider will get a X1 modifier for every negative training chance (nothing changes)
- (unresilent) the rider will get a X1,125 modifier for every negative training chance (negative training chance increase slightly)
-- (very unresilent) the rider will get a X1,25 modifier for every negative training chance (negative training chance increase more)

to make this idea more interesting: these 2 new subskills should not be visible on the transfer market and ONLY be visible by the manager who bought the rider
with this new idea i think we will keep some riders a bit longer and we will think twice before swapping 1 rider for a better one.

i hope you like my idea :). please reply with thoughts/suggestions

Bear

Re: new idea: talent and resilency

Post by Bear » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:25 pm

We have talent already, it's called "luck in training". Those classics who become 77-80 are very talented, those who stay under 70 mountain are not very talented... And it's invisible too. So we dont need to change that.

Rasmussenbank

Post by Rasmussenbank » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:27 pm

maybe so, but by adding these elements i think managers will maybe adjust the training schedules for the riders (as there will be different chances), which means a more different and individual development/decrease

Quick

Post by Quick » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:10 pm

Seems unnecessary to me. In the end - it's still all about luck.
J-Czucz hype train

sylvainmeteo

Post by sylvainmeteo » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Training idea isn't bad, but I think we don't need to change, but about the age, why not :) we could have IRL riders like Voigt, and in RSF, it's not possible
Team : SM Team
Victoires d'étape : 374 ; dont les 5 monuments et les 3 GTs !
Hall of Fame : Katrasnik: 26724 pts

V-Team

Post by V-Team » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Rassmussen ideas change a lot of things. Ok, it's still about luck, but not an hidden luck.

For the moment, when you buy a rider, you don't know how he will train, so that "talent" skill is only important for the training. With a visible "talent" skill, the influence will be a on the bid too, which is something very common in sport browser games. Obviously, it will give a big advantage to the biggest and richest teams, but I think it's a good idea.

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:34 pm

Resilence hidden maybe is okay, but talent? Never!

If you want such a value you will need to implement a feature like scouts or something like that to observe riders to decrease the risk of a bad buy. Don't minimize it or don't let the risk down to 0, but decrease it. If I would be a DS in reality, I would never ever buy a rider whose talent I know nothing about. Observing riders is the minimum of work which a team should invest before buying a rider. Otherwise the survival of a team is pure luck.
Anyway, the time you have at RSF to observe a rider at the transfer market is just too short for such a scout feature. So you need a revolution at the market. And this is very unrealistic to be implemented within the next 5 Million years.
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Rasmussenbank

Post by Rasmussenbank » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:54 pm

thx for your replies,

ofcourse the option to make talent hidden, semi-hidden or visible is something to think about. implementing this system fully or partially will make things alot more interesting on the transfer market however, removing the predictability of the development of the rider.

it's something we could think about if this idea gets well-structured.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:03 am

Rasmussenbank wrote:removing the predictability of the development of the rider.
The developement of the riders is NOT predictabel at all. The training luck spreads a lot.

e.g.:
Sprinters: bought at 82 you can become everything between 89 and 98
Classics: a 56-74 can become 69-79 or 80-80 or 75-85
climbers can stay at 84 forever or go up to 91

so what is predictable here? and when we change the percentages by your so called "talent" this spread will become even bigger
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points