tactics in small groups

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Radunion

tactics in small groups

Post by Radunion » Sun May 02, 2010 6:52 pm

In escape groups or favourites groups at the of difficult races it is often impossible to split the group as everybody follows everybody else. In reality it is possible to split the group with a surprise attack.

So my suggestion is to make it more difficult to follow if the group is small, especially when the tempo is low (or non at all). It could also be random to a certain extend (one rider is looking the other way, the other is right on the back wheel). So it is possible to attack out of a non functioning group even if everybody else wants to follow you.

Buhmann

Re: tactics in small groups

Post by Buhmann » Sun May 02, 2010 7:18 pm

We have more surprising attack than in real. Because you can only follow exaclty one rider. So in my opinion it is ok.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun May 02, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm with Radunion. You're right Buhmann, you can only follow one, except of everybody. But very often the whole group is chained on to another so that each attack goes nowhere. Also it's just too calculable when you can be 100% sure that you follow rider xy when you just put the settings on his name.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sun May 02, 2010 9:59 pm

And the reason why wo don't come to any conclusion is that 1000 threads are opened for topics meaning more or less the same, while there is yet a solution existiing in another one, with no counterarguments until now (The one by Luna). And its the same thread again i refer on the last feeled 50 times. And now thinking of it is even opend by the same guy... why? what should that lead to?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=213