Training graph

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

team fl

Training graph

Post by team fl » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:06 am

Team FL has a suggestion. At the moment, the training graph is showed as proportial graph where the changes in strengh are linked with a linear slope. One problem - example is Wesley Lichtenkiesel: When Wesley popped up to 78 downhill, he was 25. But in the training graph, the strength 78 is shown at the current age, 28. Both for sovling the problem and better showing the skill pop-ups, I suggest a "jumping" slope. Visual example:

old:

new:

So every time a skill poppes up, the slop "jumps" to the next value, exactly at the moment when pop-up happens.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Buhmann

Re: Training graph

Post by Buhmann » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Of course it is better. But because of technical reasons i won´t change in next time. Furthermore that way i can use this graph for finance and so on, too. This new graph show us better the necessary inforamtions, but for most cases it looks a little bit strange.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:35 pm

Buhmann wrote:Of course it is better. But because of technical reasons i won´t change in next time. Furthermore that way i can use this graph for finance and so on, too. This new graph show us better the necessary inforamtions, but for most cases it looks a little bit strange.
and what about the problem of the pop-up date of a skill? Can this be solved with the current graph?

claw

Post by claw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:03 pm

team fl wrote:
Buhmann wrote:Of course it is better. But because of technical reasons i won´t change in next time. Furthermore that way i can use this graph for finance and so on, too. This new graph show us better the necessary inforamtions, but for most cases it looks a little bit strange.
and what about the problem of the pop-up date of a skill? Can this be solved with the current graph?
true story
no front, but the current graph not really useful or informative for now
Aggressive Leader!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 pm

Pop-up date of a skill? Explain please...

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Buhmann wrote:Pop-up date of a skill? Explain please...
Zeitpunkt (Fahreralter), wenn sich eine Fahrerfähigkeit verändert. Moment wird dieser Zeitpunkt falsch dargestellt, nämlich nicht dann, wenn es passiert, sondern erst dann, wenn sich die Fahrerfähigkeit ein weiteres Mal verändert, oder beim aktuellen Fahreralter. Bsp: Mein Wesley Lichtenkiesel hat mit 25 das letzte Mal Abfahrt trainiert, auf 78. Im Graphen wird aber 78 erst beim aktuellen Alter (28) dargestellt. Bei 25 ist der Graph noch auf 77. Das ist doch etwas missverständlich. Deswegen auch mein Vorschlag mit den Sprüngen. Ich finde man könne damit den korrekten Zeitpunkt der Fähigkeitsveränderung besser darstellen. Diese Darstellung wäre ausserdem klarer und korrekter, da eine Änderung der Fahrerfähigkeit nicht linear sondern sprunghaft verläuft.

Natürlich sehe ich dein Argument, dass du diese Funktion auch für andere Features verwenden willst und deshalb eine lineare darstellung einfacher ist. Aber bitte korrigier das mit dem Zeitpunkt der Änderung einer Fahrerfähigkeit.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:15 am

Yes, is it a littlbe bit strange at the moment. You have to know how it is shown. But if you know it, it is not rally a failure and ypou have all informations you need...but maybe i´ll change it if it is easy.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 am

Buhmann wrote:Yes, is it a littlbe bit strange at the moment. You have to know how it is shown. But if you know it, it is not rally a failure and ypou have all informations you need...but maybe i´ll change it if it is easy.
Of course when I know how it's shown I can interpret it. But it still is very misunderstanding (and not correct). If it's easy to change, it would be very nice to do it :)

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:12 am

Ha, I think i found the problem. It's the starting point. The age axis starts exactly at the first training. I think it should be BEFORE this date, so I suggest to add the age 20 for the start and then go on with 21 and the first training. just change the scale...

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:40 am

Every point excepting the last represents one training. After this point you have to see if the graph rise or sink. Better would be you have to look left of the point, because when the rider trainind his training is done.
But i don´t know if i understand you correctly if you mean the same.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Ok, again in German :)

Das Problem bei dem Graphen ist, dass die Altersachse bei 21 Jahren beim ersten Training startet. Dadurch verschiebt sich die Skala nach hinten und damit auch der angezeigte Skillwert. Wenn du aber die Skala um eins nach hinten verschiebst (21,0 Jahre z.b., also vor dem ersten Training) und das erste Training um eins nach rechts verlegst, könnte die Anzeige stimmen. Das heisst, wenn ein Fahrer bei seinem ersten Training Flach trainiert, dann wird das auch dort angezeigt und nicht erst, wenn er das nächste Mal trainiert oder beim aktuellen Alter (Trainingspunkt).

Weiss nicht, wie ich das andere beschreiben kann. Evtl. versuche ich es nochmals visuell, falls du immer noch nicht verstehst, was ich genau meine ;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 am

Ok, Buhmann, let's talk about your training graph here. Although somewhere (most likely in your brain) there must be a bug involved.

Just an example to show you how confusing* this graph is:

So here we have young Pablo:
As you can see he has 74 mountain, and some other less interesting skills. But mmh, what's this? He already had a minus training? Let's take a closer look!

Oh my god! He already starts making art! I knew he was good, but that good? It's mind boggling!!!! W O N D E R F U L. Now, after you've admired this wonderful art for the better part of the day, let's move on to the graph. Pablo integrated it nicely into his artwork too. How do you interprete this graph? Pablo trained from 73 to 74 mountain, obviously! Yes, that's the way you interprete it. But many others here seem to read that graph differently. Like he started at 74, down trained to 73, but is 74 now. Ahhh, what does it mean? It shows numbers, and a line. ... mmhh. the line goes down, but knowing RSF I know his skill is now higher than before. Ah, got it! No.. didn't. Mmh.... fuck it, I don't get this graph. That's what a certain number of probably retarded people think when they see that graph. Can't you be nice and try to make a graph that is easier for retards like me sooner or later? Or at least tell us if you can see that this graph here might be misleading and not so easy to analyze for some of us? Of course Pablos one is still a pleasure, thanks to his outstanding painting, fantastic technique, but most of the riders aren't as talented, so the graph is rather frustrating for us lesser users.

* We might have agreed on another word in our last discussion, but forgot which one, so let's go with confusing for the moment.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:20 am

Bug...But the graph looks nice, you only must not anayze it :)

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:36 pm

Right now, I just can see how old the rider was when he trained. I would like to see on which date the training was. Maybe you (Buh) can put this option in as well?

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:41 pm

indeed thats missing

want the old graphics back
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points