New flags for the teams

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

VC Aywaille

Re: New flags for the teams

Post by VC Aywaille » Thu May 27, 2010 5:25 pm

I understand this Buhmann, but i speak about a classement. Like for the riders. Best Belgian-team, best Chinese-team, best German-team, ... ;)

And maybe we only can change it one time each season / each 2 season / ... / never change, definitive choice

Add a new distinction so.

But maybe i am alone to hope a thing like this? A vote to see if it's a goo idea?
VC Aywaille
The team to beat

Il ne faut jamais juger les gens sur leurs fréquentations : Judas, par exemple, avait des amis irréprochables! (Verlaine)

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Fri May 28, 2010 2:14 am

A new statistic from the actual team nation or a new statistic from another nation choice yet to be created... I don't see the difference. And we can do that on the actual base. No need for that new choice.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat May 29, 2010 11:16 am

What we have now:

1 flag for the "role playing", country you like to be your team from.
1 flag for the language.

Role playing flag.. I like it. I like to be from Romania, I know without checking where a few other teams are from.
Language flag of course is necessary too.

And I propose again, in the profile, ask the manager not only what his main language is, but also which other languages he is more or less able to speak.

Then show that as well in the race. For example Gaurain, if you put the cursor on his team you see: GAurain RX 1000 races 0 wins, F (D, E) So you know, if you are french and don't speak anything else, you can ask him to help with the english, etc etc.

What Aywaille wants is to be able to see where somebody is from in reality.

To get that... make a Manager name like Ruhrgebiet/Widar has proposed for ages. Can't be changed.
Then the manager can chose his nationality there. If you want to be sure not to get to many managers from Vanuatu, make it dependent on the main language. You choose german, only De/Aut/Sui/FL/Lux/Be are possible. As far as I know...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat May 29, 2010 11:29 am

Nice idea...you could use it to split the fields in a good way.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:52 am

Wow, we have a spanish guy in D1! Oh, it's Berlin Marks. I hope he actually speaks spanish...

Languages, we want to know who speaks (or is ready to speak, some don't want to even if they are able) what language.

Profile, Languages, let's have the possiblity to have more than one. And t hen display them somehow.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:57 am

Interesting ... i try the same as VCA in the german sites (VCA 2 month before me .-) ... Flags not for the language, for the nation !

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1189

But the same result.