New transfer system for youth riders

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

team fl

Re: New transfer system for youth riders

Post by team fl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:34 am

Don't get me wrong, I understand completely why it could be a problem to allow Div. 5 Teams to participate for the auctions.

I just think that also Div. 1-4 teams could be seduced by nice, young riders (do we have catholic priests in here?!) and spend more than would be "reasonable".
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:53 am

imo also the auctions should only be for Div1-4....

the old argument of the rich div1-2 is soo funny at all :lol:

you have another appeal to reach Div1-4, there are still sooo many teams who stay in Div5 for months or years even if they would be able to go in higher div. just to be flexible enough to sell/buy - sell/buy
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am

For the first month Div5 is allowed to bid 120% should be okay. Then we have more experience and can decide if the youth marcet for Div5 can remain.

So my intention for the auction system (based on your comments):

- Div 1-5 can buy riders
- Div 5: Only bids of 120% of the marcet value
- A new rider will put into the youth transfer marcet every 10 minutes (we have to see if this number fits)
- riders will start with 1000% of the marcet value. After ca. 60 hours he will reach the 95% (the minimum)
- riders will removed from the transfermarcet after 3 days
- the price will be decreased every minute
- every team can bid like it want. He can bid 10000x or bid 99304839242 credits. If a team has not he money to buy a rider, the bid will be ignored
- 21 year old riders on the normal transfer marcet should be okay (for the first time?)...in my opionon it is a good agreement. It is still possible to have a good rider without beeing the richest team. (But we can discuss this of course)

I think for other things we need a little bit experience. Testing the new system.
So for the start this should be okay in my opinion.

And the new transfer auction system will start at 2nd April! Saturday is better for me...Shall i close the transfermarcet for the first April? But it is not necessary in my opionion.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:07 pm

You'll have quite a few things to program in the next few days. If you want to meaningfully test the new system, then you have to have a sensible system in place. By just doing what you announced now, the system is not sensible.

-Please forbid resets in D5. Or find a solution that doesn't leave that way out for D5 teams that overpayed for a rider and want to correct that mistake. For teams that didn't understand the 20 year old only join the team next month. Yes, everybody should understand that it's the case, but regularly some teams don't understand it.
-Please cut the bug that allows D6 teams to reach D5. Why do you forbid 6b to buy youth riders, but allow it to certain D6 teams?
-Please program a system that automatically adjust the interval of riders joining the Auction (so the number of riders) according to the teams that are allowe to participate in the auctions.
-Please introduce the 50 day limit for riders in D5
-Please introduce the 50 days from the day they were bought limit, that you announced for D1-4 (and maybe introduced) for D5. (And D1-4)
-Inform us if you plan to abolish the D1-4 / D5+ market separation.
-Introduce a limit of some kind for youth riders bought by one team in one month. NOw teams with cash at their disposal have an advantage, but only if they are fast. Now their advantages is much bigger.
- Allow D6b teams to buy youth riders. In the auctions. D5, thanks to the bug D6 ok, D6b not ok? Makes no sense
- Cut the better "name geben" in D5, leave them only to D6. Give D5 the D1-4 name geben. Leave the separation only for sold riders to protect old stars.

That's what's needed to have a more or less level field of play, to have a meaningful test.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:59 pm

No youth transfer marcet for Div 5? No better "name geben" rider for Div 5? I think Div5 teams will have some problems with that...

Reset could really be a problem...but with a limit of rider buying per month, not mandatory. By the way, i don´t like such a rule. But maybe it´s better. But is it really necessary for the auction system?
We have discussed the auctions system before, now there are many new points. We will never come to an end :(

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:13 pm

You don't want to come to an end, you want to start new exciting good things without thinking them through and leave them half finished and move on to the next one. Don't blame me for mentioning the problems that very likely will still be there in a year. Can mention them on march 29th of 2012 again, declared that to be the yearly Roby-reminds-Buh-of-lots-of-unfinished-small-or-not-so-small-things-day.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Buhmann wrote:No youth transfer marcet for Div 5? No better "name geben" rider for Div 5? I think Div5 teams will have some problems with that...
(
It's market not marcet. And you just said that D5 will get the youth market auctions together with D1-4. Read other posts to see what that means, due to special rules et all they have a fairly big cash flow advantages, which will give them a big advantage in a system based on cash and not on speed. So level the playing field. D5 in auction system from april 2nd. Ok. if you want. But, I think we shouldn't give them too many advantages. Or do you want them to have huge advantages? If yes, then forget my points above. If not, THEN those points to have a more even playing field should be introduced at the same time, april 2nd. Better take tomorrow off.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 pm

I don't know if it's good or bad, but I see a lot of open questions in this thread and a fairly uncertain game developer.

Anyway, Team FL will adapt and see if it workes or not and complain afterwards instead helping in advance and being constructive :twisted:
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:00 pm

In the meantime I also came to the conclusion that it would be reasonable to exclude Div 5 form the youth riders auctions.

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:15 pm

Just give Div5 a "normal" youth market as now, just refill not to 900 but to 600 riders (div1-4 are not able to buy from there, so less riders are needed)...

or even better:
The riders NOT bought in an auction go for 3 days in the youth market of Div5 for 95% of market value. This would make much sense also in reality: A young rider wants to go to the best Teams (so Div1-4), if he doesn't get there, he also rides for a weaker team (Div5). If nobody there wants him he has to work something real.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:16 pm

And why?

Edith: That was for Luna.... somehow didn't see ZLs post it seems..
Last edited by Robyklebt on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zentaron

Post by Zentaron » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:18 pm

Because.
sprint victories:
2007: 33 (30 since buying licence in april)
2008: 54
2009: 36
2010: 47
2011: 34

The Fantastic Four: Ewen McBright, Perry Niclas, Aigars Cakls & Frederic Iatiknu

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:25 pm

It´s not really difference from the 120% rule. Only a 95% rule instead. Okay for me, too.

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Buh: Was this for my post??

There the Div5 may NOT participate in the auctions, they just get what we don't want...

Radunion

Post by Radunion » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Giving div 5 just the unwanted riders could be a much bigger disadvantage than it seems. In principal they only get the riders that are overpriced in the current system, the sprinter with high reg and not the very cheep helper with good flat value. I fear to get good riders they have to buy the 21 year old riders on the normal market.

In any case there will be some limit for div 5, let it be 95 % or 120 %. We can only guess what is apropriate. So set a value and change it a month later, if we have more information.

Astana

Post by Astana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:26 pm

it's funny to see how some teams don`t like any d5-teams...they think they are all bad riders and destroy the system...but thats not true. i think some teams wh are in the higher divisions don't think about the other teams, when they make an advice
give the d5-teams a normal youth market oder the 120%, but zl's second advice is stupid and only will discriminate d5-teams

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Astana wrote:it's funny to see how some teams don`t like any d5-teams
Is there any reason to get polemic in this case? Why do you claim those users, who have the whole system in mind, don't like any div 5 teams? You're wrapping the content of their statements. That's extremely unobjective.

Btw. do the Div 5 have access to the youth market right now, before the introduction of the auctions?

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Yes it does discriminate Div5-Teams. Is that so bad?? Go up to Div4 and you won't be discriminated any longer.

Rockstar Inc

Post by Rockstar Inc » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Astana wrote:it's funny to see how some teams don`t like any d5-teams...they think they are all bad riders and destroy the system...but thats not true. i think some teams wh are in the higher divisions don't think about the other teams, when they make an advice
give the d5-teams a normal youth market oder the 120%, but zl's second advice is stupid and only will discriminate d5-teams
how long do you want to talk like this? 1,2 month until you reach Div1-4 again?
imo you are talking like this because it's a bad moment for you, fresh restart and some difficulties...

back to topic...

in my opinion reaching Div1-4 is only a matter of time....teams only stay in Div5 for a long if they don't want to go in div1-4...selling riders with points to avoid a relegation in Div1-4, because Div5 is really comfortable, except the big races yes...such teams shouldn't get any bonus, gifts or stuff like that...if you want to improve your team, go up in div1-4, use the options/chances a higher div gives you...

restarters should ride some races with riders div5 is offering them - if they come back and invest some time/affords in the game they will relegate to div1-4 in a very short time...

why should div5,6 whatever get anything better than teams in div1-4?? i see no reason with it...earn your rights, options, chances if you reach div1-4...you don't need any sugar in your ass, blown by buhmann/leso or somebody else
"I'm an old-school sprinter. I can't climb a mountain but if I am in front with 200 metres to go then there's nobody who can beat me.” Mark Cavendish, at the 2007 Eneco Tour

Astana

Post by Astana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Zauberlehrling wrote:Yes it does discriminate Div5-Teams. Is that so bad?? Go up to Div4 and you won't be discriminated any longer.
if u belive it ore not, but some guys don't have the time to ride every day...

@franco: to be in the d5 is one of the best things happend to me during my rsf-life, because u see things from another side which open your eyes

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:46 pm

maybe div 5 have to be like the div 6 with an eternal point class. not actual point, go in 4 is very easy just race 5 time and you are in
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:55 pm

Astana: I don't race every day... I normally make 15-20 races per month and belong to Div2-4. Even with 10 races per month it is possible to be more or less constantly in Div4.

Perhaps now it would be the right moment do make one more Division, Div5 with 70 Teams, allowing them too to participate in auctions. Then Div6 and like now Div7a and Div7b, without auctions.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Luna: Yes

Astana

Post by Astana » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:11 pm

ok...a new division would be good, because the d5 is big and saying they all destroy the system if they have the same rights as d1-4 is wrong...there are a few bad guys, but there are everywhere some of them...giving d5-teams the 120% is enough in my opinion.if u want to avoid that greenhorn destroy the system, make a line at 10000 points or something like that, so that everyone above this line have enough experience with rsf to deal with the yougth market and give the rest an smaller market

i just think that it's not a good solution to to give d5-teams no youth market or a market with only bad or too expensive riders.how are they for example able to learn to buy good riders and building up a good team if they only get the unliked ones from the d1-4 market?

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Ok, basically you think you want in, that's all I got from your posts so far. No matter what.