Players for group and language meditation

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Pirkio

Players for group and language meditation

Post by Pirkio » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:08 am

Ok... i write this whitout translator at 2.45 A.M. so please be patient.

I know we can't put english as official language of game because maybe 60% - 70% of the players in the game are German. But sometimes in a race there are a lot of "friendly guys" who talking for all the race (or tour) in German.. They are not a lot but when there are groups of 20 - 22 players the chat is very hard to read.

So my proposal have 2 utility: Make easy the "cohabitation" of German - French - Italian - Turkish - Taliban - Japanese - Alien, and give newbies much chance to have an "easy" group.

Proposal:
I think we have to lower the number for the group split from 24 (or 23?) to 22 (or 21?) ... I'm italian..As mentioned sometimes for me it's not very funny play whit 21 German player, because in chat all talk German, and sometimes they talk whit me in German...Whit 10 - 11 players there is less "spam" and much possibility for me to understand something (this is very helpfull sometimes i love read expert tips .)

But isn't only this... A big group of 22 teams give no chances for the newbie, (and for true i think the players whit chance to win are always the same of cat 1 - 2) An easyer split (from 10 - 11) can give much probabilty of split and whitout the strong team newbies can have more fun (and sure top team can have more fun too)

And if we can have 3 groups of 13 - 14 teams first group for the super teams 2 group for the middle teams and 3 group for the noob teams i think is better for all

Good night i go to sleep tomorrow have to study :mrgreen:
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Hoegaarden

Re: Players for group and language meditation

Post by Hoegaarden » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:53 am

I am not sure the amount of managers change anything!

I already rode some races with, let's say, 8 frenchies & 8 germans. The french guys were talking together in french, and the germans in german, not very practical indeed...

On the other hand, i have already been the only non-german in a race, and most of the guys were speaking english just because of me :)

So, to sum up, I think it only depends on the will of the managers to be understood.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:31 pm

I think that the most players want races with 15+ teams. So i don´t know if the others would prefer your suggestion.

Maybe an advise that all should speak english if they are able to do, could help?!

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:31 pm

But the point isn't 15+ teams the problem is when there are 22 teams :cry:
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:33 pm

22 teams in a good group can be tough indeed (especially for newcomers), but that's were you get experience and can make yourself a reputation! ;)
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

captain ahab

Post by captain ahab » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:25 pm

basically it is a little like in real cycling...in a big peloton you even have more languages than 3 or 4,and not everybody can unterstand everything...

all we could do here,is that we set up some guidelines on how people should behave...

but some guys(and girls) do know each other for some longer time,and they sometimes have some things to say to each other that have nothing to do with the race,and it would be of no help to translate that at all,so anybody can understand it,because then a newbie would still don't know what the hell they are talking about...

on the other hand,it is obvious,that you should translate things that are impotant for the race in a way,that everybody can understand it

often it works out like that,sometimes it doesn't...

google translator can help too,but sometimes it's just funny what you get,and it doesn't help at all...

but i wouldn't reduce the number of teams that start in a race-maybe in the beginning as newbie you think smaller fiels are better,but most players here,start to enjoy more teams in a race once they know how to play(...and not everybody in div4 or 5 is newbie team)

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:34 pm

NoPikouze wrote:22 teams in a good group can be tough indeed (especially for newcomers), but that's were you get experience and can make yourself a reputation! ;)

For true... who want the reputation from the players whit 0 races? :roll: :lol:
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!