New screens - To Do

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Buhmann

Re: New screens - To Do

Post by Buhmann » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:01 pm

I think i know the problem, i will fix it that evening.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:13 pm

First of all. I really like the new teampages. Well done Buh.

Just a little thing which should be easy to change. Maybe it's better to change some words:

Tour --> (General) time classification
2./3. places by tours --> actually ok, maybe it's "at" tours, or you change it to "Tour podium(s)"
Point jerseys --> (General) points classification
Mountain Price --> (Best) climber classification
White Shirts (U24) --> (Best) young rider classification
Team classement --> Team classification

It's not really important but anyway, I wanted to say that. Maybe some other managers/monkeys have better ideas...

EDIT: I don't want you to change that immediately (maybe it should stay like it is?), take your time and think about the youth market first :)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:41 pm

No problem to change this. Thanky for your notices.

The most things i change first locally. So don´t wonder if the isn´t change anything.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:39 am

Ok, I post something here again for a change.

Statistic page:

Generally: Like it a lot!

But as already mentioned, some things not 100% convincing.

Ok, Divisions:

All I see is 19 teams. Then I have to scroll. Make that window (?) bigger. At least we should be able to see D1 without scrolling. OK, because now the menu is on top, I will have to scroll anyway... but still, there is enough place for 30 Teams. Even 40 on one page without scrolling that window itself. OK, now it's nicely adjusted to the thing on the left. Team-Rider etc. (btw, for me it changes randomly (it seems) from english to german, when I started I had it in english, after clicking on some stuff now it's german...)
Then why not add: Races won, and Season races won there too?

Team pages: Popup, you are a pop up lover, I'm not. But, ok, you want it in Popups. BUT THEN MAKE THE DAMN POPUP BIG ENOUGH AND IN THE RIGHT PLACE. I like the color, a change from Buhmannblue (which is ok as a color too, nice contrast, good, but... No clue what screens other have, but for me, when I open the popup the first thing I have to do is. Scroll down. Since the top takes up almost one third of the screen now, then the popup starts a bit further down, the bottom is outside my screen. And then? It's small, I see 13,75 riders. Big teams. Scrolling.. Easy, make the popup appear on top. Nobody cares if the menu then is covered. If you want the menu to be there don't make it a popup, then just make it like now. Popup? Fuck the menu, put the popup on top, if I click on the team I want to see the team not the menu. Then make it bigger. 20 riders have to be seen. Problems, scrolling for people on laptops? Yeah, but ehm, everybody scrolls senselessly now... Or looks ugly on laptops? Then somehow make an adjustable popup or something. But senseless to have a popup that is to small and you have to scroll first to see the whole thing.

Info on the teampage: Excellent, some stuff missing though.
Riders:
-Make it sorteable by last name.
- Add the eternal points.
- Add races raced
- Add races won

Successes

All ok

Transfers:

-Typ 0 and 1 not perfect, of course Sherlock Klebt figured out what it means, but not everybody is that clever (hi ZL!) And not a design problem, but make sure ALL transfers are recorded in the future, right now for new teams often they are not.

Placement:

Love it!
- Add season races won.
-Cut 31.01.10, it's the same as 01.02 after all..

Then maybe add a 5 category. Team history? Or something. Some info that can't be found in other places in there. IN my case:
28.01.06 creation of the team Robyklebt
28.01.06 first race (old design we see it, new one not)
xx.xx.10 Name changed to Petit Singe (right now we can see things like that with the transfers, oh, Astra Rotlicht was Sasastellas, Gestepo, Obersandla before, but don't see that he was Tobyklebt too once... with the new design we wouldn't see anything)
xx.xx.10 Name changed to Robyklebt (that was the time I changed without wanting to change and you changed it back)
01.06.10 Name changed to petit singe
20.06.10 Name changed to Petit Singe (or later, who cares..)
27.11.10 last race
28.11.10 banned for insulting game creator (FUCK YOU BUHMANN)

Stuff like this plus resets. You could even add historical successes in there, so just wins in the GTs or a monument. Plus the nice comment we can write now. I like knowing that NoPikouze started doping now for example, can't see that on the new design.

If not, add the creation, first race, last race, on top somewhere. And name changes should be possible to see them somehow too, but not sure where.

Ah, almost forgot, very important. Get rid of that stupid infobutton. white i in a blue circle, is INFORMATION. Yes, the info is next to it, Press ESC to exit. But 99% probably figure out by themselves that this is an information, and not your assessment of the team or the new motto of RSF. Second, if you click on that infobutton you exit as well. So just make it an exit button, don't know, make a picture of leso kicking you out of the house and put that in or something, but not an info button.

Riders: aktuelle Rangliste

-add season races and season wins.

classement éternel: (I seem to have the Kauderwelschversion right now)

-add career races, career wins.

Ehemalige Fahrer

all nice except it isn't working anymore, it was working before. Add career races and wins. One "problem" any way to make it possible for me to search for riders from Robyklebt and Petit Singe? But ok, can see that on my teampage now, so no problem.

Hall of Fame

Later the rider popups, first race, last race would be nice too, but I'll wait to see the new riders popups to see that.

TEam:

Classement eternel and Erfolge maybe could be put together, now? Or too crowded then?

Tranfere: (hihihi)

Make it filterable by division.

Fairplay: Who cares, but looks ok.

Generally really like the new page, just add some info and most importantly change the size and place of the team-popup.

Will do a repetition of the race screen later.... general criticism stays the same. Overcrowded, you become claustrophobic. Too many changes where the only reason for a change seems to be to change it. Loosen it up a bit. Like it much less than the statistics for the moment.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:09 am

A few of your suggestions i allready implement locally. I don´t know if i will change the popup size for the first version. It´s now (locally :) ) a few cm closer to top, i hope this is okay now. On my PC i need not to scroll to see the whole panel.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Ok...

The popup: Ok, you don't need to scroll, hope will work out the same for me.

The size of the popup. What exactly is the advantage of a popup that is so small you can't see all the riders at once? Because I see only 13.75, if I ever have 20 again... seems to me it would really make sense to see all 20 at once.

My major complain with the race screen is still: too full, just put in some spaces here and there. Ah, ok, and functionality...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:33 pm

Can we have a better translation on italian? :roll:

especially the phrase "sprint nel vento" during the sprints it's better something plain and simple like "sprinta" i very don't like "sprint nel vento" :lol:
----------------------------------------------
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:22 pm

For all users which i know and which have some experience with the game -> for all veterans:

Who would like to help me "testing" the new layout? It will come soon and i would prefer that some people intensively play with this before new players have to do this.

Intensive means the following: Play only in the new layout. Only if you want to see if there are some differents or something like this. If you are not able to do something in the new layout what you have to do, then use the old layout for this and tell me that i have to implement this! But all other things like riding, inscription, buying and selling ónly in the new layout. And if you see a bug you have to tell me. (So my fairplay friends which have warnings are not welcomed for testing ;) )

I don´t need 100 tester, but a few would be nice...If you want to play in the new design (and help me), pleaase write it here oder send me a PN.

Thank you.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:56 pm

My opinion
- Riders screen: No more statistics about the wins in tours/races/jerseys... Waaah
- Riders screen: The skills don't appear very clearly anymore, icons or a one-line table on the top would be nice...
- Race chat: I dont really like the letter type
- Race report: a little bit too short, only 8 lines are visible
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 am

in rennenverlauf, statt die wind änderung, kommt nur "TO DO"!

es:
neue:Km: 58, Pendenza: 1, TO DO
alte:Km: 58, Pendenza: 1, Vento di faccia

ubrig, die auto refresh, bin ich dagegen.

Die profile positionierung ist eine km. zuruck zum verlauf
Allenatore Italia - Manager Dainese OG 10 bronzo TTT
Manager SantiNelli WC 10/10 argento TT
Manager SantiNelli WC 3/11 6/11Oro TT
Allenatore Italia WC 9/11 Oro RR
Non contare mai il numero dei tuoi avversari... affrontali!
Multi hostes, multus honor

Team Saller

Post by Team Saller » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:42 am

Problems with the new design!!

I wanted to check my training settings.

Then the new design jumped into the old design!! :? :? :?
Die Macht aus der Eifel --------> EIFELRIDERS<3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:43 am

auxilium torino wrote:
Dann stell sie ab, ist doch eh jedem selbst überlassen, ob er das will. Häkchen entfernen bei Auto-Refresh.
J-Czucz hype train

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:48 am

Quick wrote:
auxilium torino wrote:
Dann stell sie ab, ist doch eh jedem selbst überlassen, ob er das will. Häkchen entfernen bei Auto-Refresh.
nee, hat zu tun das jetzt wer der auto einstellt wird nie offline ;)
so kann man eine auto tempo einstellen, wieder die alte problem, und das wird nicht nur 15 km. dauern

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:48 am

another problem.. i can't find the "modo spettatore" for see the other races :(
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:50 am

You can yee them under "news" and then "live"
J-Czucz hype train

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:52 am

uhm thank you :D but a direct button maybe is better expacialy for the national championship
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Quick

Post by Quick » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:54 am

isn't "news" a direct button? where's the difference between klickling on "news" and klicking on "spectator mode"? ;)
J-Czucz hype train

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:57 am

no, but what is the number of races the table can support? this could be a problem i think
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:09 pm

A problem? Scroll down...not really a problem.
Or look at the calendar. There you can click live too, and the table is big enough ;)

Team Saller

Post by Team Saller » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:12 pm

but it was something ..... i don´t now :? :?
Die Macht aus der Eifel --------> EIFELRIDERS<3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:13 pm

in gk, werden die "live"positionen nicht korrigiert, nur die zeit und ruckstande

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:20 pm

Was meinst du? Kannst ja selbst sortieren...ansonsten ist das nämlich besser wenn die Tabelle bei der alten Sortierung bleibt. Da kann man zum Beispeil nach Bergwert soriteren und das bleibt dann auch, gut wenn man sich verhängen will oder so.

Pirkio

Post by Pirkio » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:27 pm

another little thing.. in the old edition was possible read the number of man in one group, now i can't read it
Motorizzati Corse

We're back!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Anytime, i will integrate such mouse over text in the new design, too.

auxilium torino

Post by auxilium torino » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Buhmann wrote:Was meinst du? Kannst ja selbst sortieren...ansonsten ist das nämlich besser wenn die Tabelle bei der alten Sortierung bleibt. Da kann man zum Beispeil nach Bergwert soriteren und das bleibt dann auch, gut wenn man sich verhängen will oder so.
ich meine ilario hat 12 minuten ruckstand in GK und wird als 42es nach die fahrer mit 24 minuten ruckstand positioniert