Youth market REVOLUTION!!!

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

NoPikouze

Re: Youth market REVOLUTION!!!

Post by NoPikouze » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm too lazy to read everything

But I want to talk about one point: the supply of new riders
Will it be the same random system as now ? Or perhaps a system with some standard good riders available at every period ?
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

VC Aywaille

Post by VC Aywaille » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:06 pm

team fl wrote:- also cheap riders (salary) will be more expensive (I think) -> i don't think. When you take the market there come a lot of bids for the best riders. So not a lot in the same time for the cheapest. And with the idea to make down the values... -> supply and demand. if the demand is higher than the supply, prices will increase. as simple as that. and almost everybody need riders that are cheap but have some usefull skills though.-> not if we adapt the values fl. Maybe the leaders become more expensive, but if the helpers-value fall... Another positive effect: a team with a lot of good riders come more difficult to buy that a well balanced team
VC Aywaille
The team to beat

Il ne faut jamais juger les gens sur leurs fréquentations : Judas, par exemple, avait des amis irréprochables! (Verlaine)

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:18 pm

Bear wrote:
I don't know how many times Buhman emphasised in the past that RSF is not a game about economics. With the auctions-system it will be much more and much less calculable than now (uncertain expenses). Which is bad for me, I presume.
I agree. This is a cycling game and not a economics game. But it's also not a game for fast-clicking-always-being-online-people. Everyone should get the chance to buy good riders.
Like your post, except the quoted part: Because it's individual what you like more. There are some who have enough time to find their wanted riders, some not. I have gotten very well along with the "fast-clicking-always-being-online-people"-principle (I call it the "first-come-first-serve"-principle).

BUT you are right in one way, and that is the most important part about an auctions-system, as I understood it: Everybody should have the same chances to buy a rider on the youth marked. And as I see, this is more the case in an auction-system, although it may not be good for me myself.

I am sure I didn't understand the Roby-post fully, but after reading it, I feld much more comfortable (and if it's only because my thoughts were messed up and distracted).
Ro wrote:1 strict D1-D4/D5-6 separation
Sounds logical... somehow
by wrote:go under 100%.
definitly yes!
klebt wrote:Only bid when you have money? For it.
Also very logical
am wrote:MOre bid than one? Easy.
(Quotation is correctly! Big "O" mistake made by Roby...)

Like that one too
Kühlschrank wrote:Withdrawing bids: HAS to be possible.
of course...

So, looks much better for me now, although still critical
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 pm

VC Aywaille wrote:
team fl wrote:- also cheap riders (salary) will be more expensive (I think) -> i don't think. When you take the market there come a lot of bids for the best riders. So not a lot in the same time for the cheapest. And with the idea to make down the values... -> supply and demand. if the demand is higher than the supply, prices will increase. as simple as that. and almost everybody need riders that are cheap but have some usefull skills though.-> not if we adapt the values fl. Maybe the leaders become more expensive, but if the helpers-value fall... Another positive effect: a team with a lot of good riders come more difficult to buy that a well balanced team
To much IF, give me a logical argument! And your last argument doesn't affect my team at all. So I don't care about that ;)

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:43 pm

To stay easy: The leader will become more expensive... if it's a really rare leader like a 56-74-79 or a 50-59-82 sprinter. The Helper might become cheaper, the 47-74-55 will probably go for 95%.. and for sure the 50-71-57 will.
The goal should be, that an average team has to spend the same amount of money for his riders, a bit more for leaders, a bit less for helpers. If that's really not possible there is the possibility to decrease the tax a bit. Now it goes up to 70%, maybe 60% will fit better.
But that we will see when we have auctions for 2-3 months and everybody made his experience.

VC Aywaille

Post by VC Aywaille » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:47 pm

I don't have to defend something, i just give my opinion. If you are not for this revolution because you think that the riders can become more expensive, i answer that there are some solutions possible. What did you hope from me (of course, never hope something from a Belgian :D)?
VC Aywaille
The team to beat

Il ne faut jamais juger les gens sur leurs fréquentations : Judas, par exemple, avait des amis irréprochables! (Verlaine)

team fl

Post by team fl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:56 pm

countercheckquestion: with who are you talking? with the magical apprentice?