the new racing screen (Track cycling)

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Luna

Re: the new racing screen (Track cycling)

Post by Luna » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:23 pm

I like the street view directly attached to the profile image. Therefor it's even okay for me to see the time gaps from left to right, instead of right to left. But the white border is a little disturbing around the profile. Put it away and make the road that little bit smaller, so that it fits again. The numbers for the altitude can be shown in next to the image on the blank space imO.

But i don't like that hand drawn board, the symbol for the time gaps in the street view, as well as in the table below. It somehow doesn't fit to the design.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:00 pm

The tracks stars now on my usual computer, cool

Only one thing is missing, a button to go back to the normal RSF! :D

Oh another thing: We were 4 teams signed up, but the 4th got kicked, I thought it was supposed to accept 4 or 5 players.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:40 pm

Hm, I don't critize very often. But now I have to say something according to the new layout. I appreciate what Buh did, and he put a lot of time in it. But: I don't see an improvement. The old system was easy to understand and very easy to handle. The new layout is a bit more complicated. Why change something here? Especially for beginners the current version is easier to understand. And if it's only about a new design, then change only the design and not the tactic functions. One of the best parts in the current version, the "!" function, is missing now, unfortunately. And in my opinion, the overview in the current version is much better.

My personal wish would be: The base should be the current version. Just upgrade it with the "improvements" (maybe what roby said for example, could be discussed what is an improvement) of the new version and change the design (colours etc.).

And again: @Buh: I appreciate your work. But I think it would be better to stay with most of the good old tactic menu. Too much changes at once is not really good in my opinion.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:41 pm

For beginners the new layout is much better. In the old design nothing is declared. For us, it is not a problem because we know it well. The new is more intuitiv and when all is done with this new design, it is even easier. The ! Function is there in another way. You have only to make a double click on the attack column, thats it. I think all functions you have in the old design are in the new, too. I don´t know what you mean "change only the design and not the tactic functions". Which tactic function do you miss?

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:10 am

Ok, got that with the double click. But I like "!" more. I don't really miss a function and I don't like the overview, it is not as good as in the current version. But maybe it's just the habit. Big chances are too much for my little brain.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:11 am

Hmmm obviously since you added the menu on top, a lot of people including me don't get the race screen anymore

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 am

When do you don´t get the race screen? Track race? Visitor or the real races? Or all?

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 am

Track Race
When it starts, a page is loading, the new menu apperas on top, and that's all. Below it remains blank.
And when clicking on news in that menu and then track race again, I see the sign-up page again and it reloads itself every 5 seconds

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 am

Ok, got that with the double click. But I like "!" more. I don't really miss a function and I don't like the overview, it is not as good as in the current version. But maybe it's just the habit. Big chances are too much for my little brain.
I think that's because it doesn't have enough spaces. It's all on top of each other...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

claw

Post by claw » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 am

NoPikouze wrote:Track Race
When it starts, a page is loading, the new menu apperas on top, and that's all. Below it remains blank.

same for me
Aggressive Leader!

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 am

hmm... the new racing screen is just.... not there?

I see the menu on top, but no racing screen.

edith: pretty obviously i lost ;)
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:29 pm

team fl wrote:hmm... the new racing screen is just.... not there?

I see the menu on top, but no racing screen.
I have the same problem. Last time I was testing the track cycling/new screen it worked. (maybe two weeks ago). Now it doesn't work.

And in the new design I tried to put in a attack. Renn/Taktik of Eneco Tour. The doubleclick for a attack didn't work. Why? Because the race is not started?

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:06 am

Yes, because the race was not started.

And track should work again.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:22 am

Is my assumption right, that everyone has a mouse with a middle button? So maybe i change the attack button that way, that left means "attack directly" and with middle click you can click of a km in the profil.
I would prefer to eliminate the doubleclick functions and replace it with this middle button of the mouse. (The right button is reserved for flash it seems.)

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:32 am

Is there no wheel or middle button it's usually simulated by clicking both, left and right button, at the same time.

Neutrogena

Post by Neutrogena » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 am

Poor mac users.
75 Etappensiege
13 Sprinttrikots / 1 Bergtrikot / 2 MW / 1 Gesamtsieg / 3* Dritter im GK
Mailand-San Remo Double 2009 & 2010! Rot beim Giro 2010, Grün bei der Tour 2010

deuseburger

Post by deuseburger » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:39 am

Poor mac users.
in this case indeed... but there are other benefits :)
Is my assumption right, that everyone has a mouse with a middle button?
No, its not... No mouse at all... (and since i finaly managed even to "master" my cad program with a touchpad rsf will not change that...) this may be an deplorable "einzelschicksal" but hey its mine! btw is this the reason for:
in any submenu its not possible to scroll (osx, firefox just in case the prob is on my side...) got to clickhold the scrollbar and move it up or down, really cant cotton up to this...
iow can you guys scroll through the different parts of the new screen?

greez deuse
"Listen to everyone, read everything, believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research."

Milton William Cooper

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:50 am

Mouse-wheel scroolling of the different tables and so on should be possible. Scrolling the whole browserwindow only if you move the mouse to left or to right (outside the flash-application).

www.radsportfreaks.com/radsport/cycling_calendar.php you can see a far-advaned (first :) ) version of a new site, which shpuld replace the current sites "Calendar" and "Results". Because this is at the moment really to confusing (for new users ;) but for veterans it is not really comfortable, too). If somebody has problems with this site, tell me, because i think i will use many components of this for other sides too.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:24 am

Technical problem or other problem?

Anyway.... for some reason the races on the first and last day of a month don't appear in the calendar.

The time is missing.

2: Add a colum for the number of riders per team in a race.

Then don't really like that it's over 4 pages.... kind of like to see an overwiev too sometimes.

Why not: Every race appears just once, like now in the preview. Add the times, and by clicking on the time you get to see the result of that race?

The result screen. Clicking on the rider does nothing... no link.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:43 am

The time is missing.

2: Add a colum for the number of riders per team in a race.
Yes, some colums are missing. I know.
Then don't really like that it's over 4 pages....
4 pages? Which pages?
Why not: Every race appears just once, like now in the preview. Add the times, and by clicking on the time you get to see the result of that race?
I will integrate such a table, where only one row per tour is available. If you see the result by clicking on the time of a race, i don´t know at the moment. I don´t think that i will integrate this for the first verson.
The result screen. Clicking on the rider does nothing... no link.
Yes, and i can´t change this for the moment. Because of technical reasons this is not possible for the result-views. I can integrate this only for tables, not for this text views. (By the way, the result-text boxes are really ugly). But the results are only archives, so i don´t see the problem. For races of the day you will link to the race-view, where you can use all these functions. This has to be enough.

Of course, there will be shown the result of single races of a tour too. Do you think the best place is the current result page? I don´t really know if it is better there or at the touroverview-page (the left column). At the result page i have more room for this.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:50 am

Ah, the 4 pages. I understand. Yes, thats silly. Not necessary here i think, could let show all races.

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:13 am

It's pretty cool, I like it

But what about only 1 line for each race ? When you clic on it, the popup opens, and only then a selection of the time too see the results ? (same kind of selection as seite 1-4 but on the top of the new window)
I think it would be easier to handle. But maybe it's not easy to create.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:01 am

Yes, maybe that would be really better. But the current implements functions at the calendar-page should be enough for the moment. Maybe i will change it later, when i see that such a function is necessary for other things, too.