Languages

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

GengisKhan

Languages

Post by GengisKhan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm not sure it's the good place to post this message, if it's not, please apologize.
I just wanna say that, if you wanna translate the game in a Spanish version, I think I could help, even if I'm French, because I passed the whole last year in Madrid and so Spanish language is enough natural for me.

Buhmann

Re: Languages

Post by Buhmann » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:46 pm

Sounds really good. I or lessosies (He is french, maybe that makes it easier) will talk wo you per PN next days. A spanish version would be cool.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Hmm. Are there enough people who want to play this? If there are a few, why not? :)

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:58 pm

Well, actually I don't know anybody who could be interested right now. But I can find on Spanish online games websites, PCM's forums etc...

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:36 am

Buh...

The game is good. People who know it want to play it. People who don't know it, want to play it too, they just don't know yet....
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:49 am

I answered to a post of NoPikouze, but he deleted it. So, in spain there should be of course enough people who could be interest.

The time to the vuelta is to short for create a spain version. But until next year it woulb be very nice. And then i have to think about it, how to catch the people who don´t know the game but want to play ;)

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:33 am

Well on second thought I was thinking that dutch/flemish people should be able to use the english version.
Sorry for the quiproquo :lol:

But maybe it might be interesting.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:29 pm

NoPikouze wrote: dutch/flemish people should be able to use the english version.
Yeah, but I guess they wouldn't mind if there was a dutch version ^^

About Spanish people, the conclusions of my own experience are that they're worse than French people in foreign languages... No comment.
So they would need a Spanish version ^^
But yeah, for the Vuelta, it might be too short. Anyway, I'm looking for ways to continue practicing Spanish, as I don't wanna forget it, so it won't bother to translate the game if you want.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:45 am

I guess if you know a native speaker really interested in cycling, it would be much easier, considering that there is a FAQ and an instruction to translate, too. Don't know how experianced you are with the game, you don't have that many races by now, but as I can speak (more or less well) spanish I can offer some help in explanations how something in the game or in the instruction is meant and could give some little advice if this meaning is translated correctly (Not perfectly as i am far away from the level of a native speaker). So just send me a pn if you have questions. i would really apriciate it if there would be a spanish version.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:48 am

Sounds great.

Because of changing the main layout, i have to change many things according to the texts and the way the different languages are realized, too. So i will create a texteditor, so that translating is easier then now. I think in 2, 3 months creating a spanish version would be realistic. Maybe set the goal to realize this until next year. I hope then you (both) willl still want to help with the spanish. I would reciprocate.

team fl

Post by team fl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 am

I don't know if this works, but with Ticos, we have a native spanish speaking person here in RSF. unfortunately there's no Ticos account in this forum.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:54 am

Ticos stopped or took a longer break...has to start working or something...if he comes back mention it in the race.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

GengisKhan

Post by GengisKhan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:09 am

Well, if Cerro Torre can help it would be good. I really think my Spanish is good (better than my English :P ), but as I'm not a Native speaker, a second advice could be really interesting, I would appreciate.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:05 am

I´ve implemented a editor for labeling all (flash-)stuff of the game. For the new design i must integrate all the already translated labels in a new structure. So i need this editor for the current languages too.

Maybe it would be better that new languages can be added continuous and not all of the labels at once. I will make all few days a few new labels. In this editor you would see, that for some labels and languages the translation is still empty. Then you could change one, two or all of them, as you like. So translating would accompany the current developement status.
What do you think about this? Or only translating when all is done?

I could give a link and the permission to the people who are interest in translating. It is not necessary to translate something, but sometimes if somebody see that any label is empty, you could change this on the fly. Or you see that a label is wrong or something like this.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:52 am

Sounds like a good idea. I can try some english.