New C4F Development

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Alkworld

New C4F Development

Post by Alkworld » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:36 am

Hi C4F community,

as you might have heard Gipfelstuermer, AAD and myself are working on making the new C4F version (the one Luques started more than a year ago) fully playable, i.e. to implement features like:
- ITT and TTT
- sprinting
- transfermarket
- etc

Development is progressing well and so is the initial testing of the "new" features. But until now, no test could be done on the real C4F server, only on a replica. To verify the changes really work, we still need to test them on the real server. This either Luques needs to do himself or hand over the credentials for the server. However, he's very busy at the moment and barely can spare any time on C4F currently.

Once we verified it'll work from a technical perspective, we'll need support with the following topics:
- help with missing features: Most stuff we now implement based on what we remember the features need to look like, some things we can get from the code, but that one is sometimes misleading or confusing. So you might know some more details, which we missed.
- "real-life" detailed testing of the new features: Once it runs on the real server (initially in a password protected area, as it might still be buggy), we need some broader tests, as we can no longer manipulate data just to test everything, e.g. I can't test that buying rider #21 fails, as I have less than 20. Then more testers means more test cases covered.
- bringing back former players: Once the new C4F runs smoothly, it'll be time to attract inactive players again. I'm sure there are quite a few, who stopped because they simply weren't able to play any longer.

One suggestion would be to open a new section in the forum for the new development. I assume this requires a forum admin?

Robyklebt

Re: New C4F Development

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:33 pm

Alkworld wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:36 am
One suggestion would be to open a new section in the forum for the new development. I assume this requires a forum admin?
Can do, but details? What for exactly? To have more threads than just the one here, subforum in technic, and then can open x threads there?
Or a forum for members only?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:49 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:33 pm
Alkworld wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:36 am
Can do, but details? What for exactly? To have more threads than just the one here, subforum in technic, and then can open x threads there?
Or a forum for members only?
I'm wondering, if technic and bugs are sufficient. At the moment we will (and can) improve only the new user interface. The background code will remain untouched for a while, App and Flash version I don't see any chance to fix anything. Now technic and bugs are in general for everything in C4F, not only for the new user interface.
What we as developers need is a simple way of getting the community's (i.e. open for everyone) input on bugs and features related to the user interface.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:27 pm

So a new forum under system part basically?

Trying now,
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:33 pm

Done... is that what you wanted? Name ok?
Now trying to give Alk-Gipfel-AAD moderator rights there....

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:07 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:33 pm
Done... is that what you wanted? Name ok?
Now trying to give Alk-Gipfel-AAD moderator rights there....
Looks good, moderator rights don't really matter, I guess. Now let's hope Luques finds some time helping with installation so we can continue.

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:54 pm

Nice to see that you try to save the game.
I wish all Good Luck and RSF a long life.
I sold today my last riders, a lost of good ones and I dont think I ever come back.
Bye

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:57 pm

End of an era then! The big buddha of RSF retires! A comeback (afternoon, afternoon!) would always be welcome, but since it seems unlikely, good luck in your other endeavours. And if your son ever designs another game inform us (just tell him flash is out...)

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:19 pm

lesossies wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:54 pm
Nice to see that you try to save the game.
I wish all Good Luck and RSF a long life.
I sold today my last riders, a lost of good ones and I dont think I ever come back.
Bye
Good bye leso.

The evening will miss you at the GTs and we already do at all the others races. All the best to you!

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:26 pm

Is it possible to bring back the last months of race results or can just Luques do that?

Romoc Riders

Post by Romoc Riders » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:06 pm

Is the server down? Or is it only me who has a problem? the game doesn't work either on mobile, portable firefox or the React version.

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:15 pm

Romoc Riders wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:06 pm
Is the server down? Or is it only me who has a problem? the game doesn't work either on mobile, portable firefox or the React version.
wrong thread, look here: http://www.radsportfreaks.de/RSFForum/v ... 98#p112798
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:25 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:57 pm
End of an era then! The big buddha of RSF retires! A comeback (afternoon, afternoon!) would always be welcome, but since it seems unlikely, good luck in your other endeavours. And if your son ever designs another game inform us (just tell him flash is out...)
It is really out? :p I don´t think that I will develop one more game. But my development experience inreased a lot, it is still my job. So I guess I would be still able to develope something new :)

And @lesossies: I can´t imagine that you will not start again playing...

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:21 am

Buhmann wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:25 pm
But my development experience inreased a lot, it is still my job. So I guess I would be still able to develope something new :)
That is great to hear! Alkworld and I just started this fancy project in react js. It is called C4F 2.0. Some call it "Save RSF 2022" ;) We can invite you to the github repository and atlassian/jira pages :)
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

Alkworld

Post by Alkworld » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:20 am

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:21 am
Buhmann wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:25 pm
But my development experience inreased a lot, it is still my job. So I guess I would be still able to develope something new :)
That is great to hear! Alkworld and I just started this fancy project in react js. It is called C4F 2.0. Some call it "Save RSF 2022" ;) We can invite you to the github repository and atlassian/jira pages :)
If you have some experience in frontend development, that could be a great help. And for the rest, more hands of course also can help. There are quite a few major changes ongoing, communication now based on REST APIs etc.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Mon May 02, 2022 11:08 am

Feel free to invite me!
If the game is growing and you want to scale to infinite with cloud technology or making everything live without polling, I could help (theoretically). Frontend isn’t really m business.
But very cool to hear that you are working together. That’s the way it could work. If you need some information from me, let me know. The backend is super ugly but sometimes with some small things improbable…The PHP api for example isn’t REST but in the the quite similar ideas behind, so maybe adaptable.