Open letter about the future of C4F

Discussion about technical stuff and suggestions for improvement.

Moderator: systemmods

Chense

Open letter about the future of C4F

Post by Chense » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:58 pm

Dear players,

we decided to send a letter to Buhmann, Lesossies and Luques who together invented, developed and conducted C4F for over 10 years now.

As we are pretty sure we are not the only players that have thought about the future of this game, we want to share this letter with you and kindly ask anyone that is agreeing with our thoughts about the future of the game to also sign it.

You can find the letter under the following address:

https://openletter.earth/dialogue-about ... f-70a70e3b

Best regards
Team Trojer Vellau
pp. Gipfelstürmer
pp. Team FL
pp. Trekken
pp. Team Hunsrück

luques

Re: Open letter about the future of C4F

Post by luques » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:53 am

Hi guys!

First of all... SORRY!

I know many of you are disappointed and I didn't fulfill the promises I made at the start of the year.
Kind of sad for that.
I really appreciated all your support through the year, even if the game was not easily accessible or playable.

So, what happened? Basically lack of time.
At the start of the year I was quite confident, but then changing the work resulted for me in barely having the time to eat for the rest of the year (apart from personal things). So I couldn't focus on RSF as I wanted and as it was needed.

That's why I am also answering this post so late and at 2AM.

Don't bother Buh, the blame is on me since I tookover and everything is my responsibility (from paying the server to receiving money).

Is it a problem economically? No, I can let the game live for other 20years without problems.

What are the future plans? Obviously priority is transitioning to a no-flash version, how to do that? Still thinking about it (not too much sadly).

As for the rest my Skype or WhatsApp are always free if someone wants to chat (obviously not in public to avoid spam).

P.S. I hope the letter is the same that Gipfel sent me as I couldnt open the site

Chense

Re: Open letter about the future of C4F

Post by Chense » Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:53 pm

Dear luques,

thanks for your answer also from my side for now! :)

As you might have seen Gip has contacted you also so feel free to talk to us e.g. via Whatsapp - Either Gip can give you my contact or just ask me yourself :)

To all that signed the letter. Big thanks from my side (and i think also from Gip). Its a honesty to see that there is still a stable (even if small) group of people that really care about this game!

Best regards!