Idea: News Bonifications

Questions, discussions and suggestions concerning this new forum.

Moderator: systemmods

Weezel

Idea: News Bonifications

Post by Weezel » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:19 pm

For me the activity in the forum is very important for a game like c4f. Here it's possible to talk about riders, races and everything else. In the old days we had this german forum and the activity there was really good. So to attract and keep players, maybe we need to get more activity here.

So from some football-simulations I know the concept of news bonifications. That means: The users get something for their articels (who help to make the activity higher). For example you get there coins or wague reduction for one of your players (here it is a rider). Of course nobody should get 100 k per article with open end, that would be way too much. But maybe 10 k for the first seven articles in a month. And after you wrote seven articles you can reduce the wague of one rider with 5 %? To make it fairer, every rider can get this 5 % off once in his carreer or maybe every five months.

What do you think about my idea?
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Gipfelstuermer

Re: Idea: News Bonifications

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:41 pm

Generally, it is a good idea to reward people for their work and support.

So far, this happens nowhere in this game, unfortunately.

- Authors in the forum get nothing
- Race Designers get nothing
- Calendar Organisers gets nothing
- Nations Committee gets nothing
- Fairplay Committee gets nothing
- Developers get nothing
etc. etc.

Not good. But, at least it is consistent. Nobody get anything.

In the future, this should be changed for the good of the game. But owner/developers need to have a clear strategy, what is a fair reward. Because if the rewards are too high, you might also set the wrong incentives... for example, people writing useless article for the ingame money.... people designing races in poor quality for ingame money... people going into FPC for ingame money.... people develop the game for ingame money....

You see what I mean... So ingame money is maybe not the best reward.

A better reward would be something like free beer and barbecue in Buhmann's garden. (Free cake in Austria also good.) Or something else. But not necessarily ingame money.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 pm

"Official guys" like FPC, NC, etc. get free license, no? I think that's only fair if you do "official" work for the game, f.e. calendar, moderator in the forum, race designers, etc. But guys who contribute in the forum with their opinions, team press articles, etc.? nah.

And please no ingame rewards which favours these teams. Rewards should be a nice to have for the users, free licence, etc. But certainly not things that bring advantages for the game/races itself (lower riders' salaries, ingame money, etc.).
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Pokemon Club

Post by Pokemon Club » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:11 pm

Yes in the past designers get some free license sometimes.
And I like FL idea, even if it is a small reward

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:13 pm

Praise from me as a reward for forum activity. I even regularly praise Manghi for that! He takes it as mobbing, strange guy, can't even differentiate between praise and criticism.

But for the others it works, praise from me, that should be the highest possible reward for anybody really.

But the answer really is to write yourself. Keep an active (more or less) team page.
Write in race threads. Possibly not only "I'm so great" like some guys did a few years ago in the spring classics, that is rather offputting and doesn't encourage others to participate.
Or even little things, post in the training thread (for years me and FL were the only ones posting there, now it's a few more teams, great)
Or follow a generation of youth riders, like I restarted 2 (?) months ago, time for an update soon probably.

Write stuff yourself and some will follow.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

IDF

Post by IDF » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:57 pm

Pokemon Club wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:11 pm
Yes in the past designers get some free license sometimes.
And I like FL idea, even if it is a small reward
SM had it.

But i'm more for FL idea than TMA. Gip's opinion resumes that.
[8:11:11 PM] SM: j'ai un bug la j'arrive plus a aller sur RFM

Carry Rhodan

Post by Carry Rhodan » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:36 pm

Gipfelstuermer wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:41 pm

A better reward would be something like free beer and barbecue in Buhmann's garden. (Free cake in Austria also good.) Or something else. But not necessarily ingame money.
i think individual rewards like this jersey i designed for donkey are nice!

https://de.share-your-photo.com/5f4a522bab
WE ARE THE UNDERDOGS! Rhodan Underdogs