fun spoiled by bad chatting, and bad welcoming

Questions, discussions and suggestions concerning this new forum.

Moderator: systemmods

Kelme

fun spoiled by bad chatting, and bad welcoming

Post by Kelme » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:49 pm

Hi
I do not know where to put this message but I think it is important to tell that to the community. The main message is in the end, but I have to explain my personal experience as you understand well my point.

I registered on the game since a little more than a year, a year when I ride only 34 races (compared to big teams riding a lot). My half brother is playing it too [as already said some months ago, march if I remember, this is not the question of my message here].

As I do not ride a lot, I do not have a lot of money to hire a large number of riders (more than 9) if I want to have fun with correct riders in the races. So I have a rider correct everywhere, and a TT rider with good mountain. I also have a sprinter, for a total of 9 riders in my team.

I currently ride eneco. On the race there is good sprinters and good trains, 93 94 ; 79 82 90 ; ... There are 8 sprinters with 90 or more sprint. I have one sprinter with 90, no train. Yesterday I win the stage, because I have the luck to follow the good wheel. I did not worked in the stage because there were at least 6 other teams with better chances (better sprinter or better train). Today as I have yellow, I worked the 12 first km, but some other sprinter teams worked quite hard to control from the beginning of the race. So I stopped working, it was too much and I like when there is a battle between the peloton and an escape. I went away of the game for some min, as other teams did the job in peloton. Just let's remember that at least 6 teams have better chances than me to win.

At the end of the race, Team Hunsrueck talks on the chat and says I am a sucker. He has a 91 sprinter (mine is 90), and my sprinter has better results than him. I do not know if he is jealous, but I seemed not happy I did not worked a lot. I explained to him as I explained to you. I also told him my form (85, 86 yesterday for my win), which is for me also a reason of my not work. I also have no flat riders (my best has 79 flat). He answered me in capital letters to "SHUT UP" with my form. Not very pleasant again...
Later on the discussion it is told me that form does not count for sprint. With my small 34 races, I did not know that. Then I understant Hunsrueck reaction when I tell my form after the sprint, added with his disappointment to lose maybe (?), but I would have prefered a nice explaination rather than a "SHUT UP" and a "sucker"...

After that, we talk on the chat that it is easy for old teams who have money to buy helpers to work a lot in races. Hunsrueck tells me I need other teams to win, which is true. But for him this means sucking. He almost told me that having 2 TT riders in my 9 riders team is a miss of fair play.
For me, if I want to have fun on this game, as I do not play enough to build a strong team or to buy a good number of riders, I have not a large choice. I have to recruit as I do.

My point is: I really feel almost insulted today, with those words. And very sad, because it is the best cycling game I met on internet, but I am not very well welcomed. Little explainations from other old players, rage words from others, with bad style of talking or saying things (like today with Hunsrueck), and also a huge gap between small and old rich teams (wich is normal but it is really difficult to be allowed to have fun in these conditions). Yes, it is not hard to have fun here, because the game in itself is good, but it is really hard to be allowed to have fun, because of bad welcoming and crying teams.

I just wanted to let you know that feeling, maybe you can improve some things (I do not know how or what but my testimony can be a base of discuss). I have nothing against Team Hunsrueck, even if he is really unpleasant with me today. This is the system that people say bad things or try to spoil the pleasure to play with the chat that is not good. Especially to welcome new teams on the game. But maybe the game only wants to have old team and not new ones...

Sorry for my bad english

Ban Esto

I put the chat of the race below as you can read it, from bottom to top.

Ban Esto: see you, unfair talking manager
Ban Esto: I just do not have helpers ofr sprint
Ban Esto: and Francesco is here to help
Ban Esto: I am not crying I say you are not very correct/fair in your chat talk with me
Team Hunsrueck: so bye. we see us
Ban Esto: I have not 2 tt guys, Francesco is good nowhere, he has skills in every thing
Team Hunsrueck: who is crying now?
Ban Esto: ...
Ban Esto: "shut up" is not as good as a small explaination
Team Hunsrueck: and for one tt-guy you can buy a cheap helper, but no you need two tt-guys and other teams for help
Ban Esto: is not very nice...
Ban Esto: but the way to tell it to me
Ban Esto: that form does not count for sprints
Ban Esto: I did not know that
Team Hunsrueck: no, but form doesent count as you see
Ban Esto: truth maybe not deserve a shut up
Ban Esto: that is the truth
Ban Esto: I really have 85 today, 86 yesterday
Ban Esto: so you need a sprintscreen?
Team Hunsrueck: and shut up was for your 85 form...your guy take place 1 and 3, so what
Ban Esto: everyone needs other teams except old teams who are strong because rich I think
Ban Esto: My half bro does what he wants with his team, I do what I want with mine. He has noting to do with this race I presume, so maybe you talk about him as you miss arguments
Team Hunsrueck: you need other teams to win something in this game and thats suck
Ban Esto: But crying or "insulting" (I miss the good word but you understand the idea) people saying "SHUT UP" or "sucker" is very unpleasant and at the limit of fair play I consider
Team Hunsrueck: take a team from your brother....
Ban Esto: I have only 9 riders in my team. For all other kind of races I am disadvantages and I do not cry like you are doing. I do what I can, and I hire the riders I want. This is nothing to do with fair or non fair play.
Team Hunsrueck: two captains for the tour a good sprinter and not one good helper....funny guy
Ban Esto: so do not cry after me if you miss your own sprintes
Ban Esto: good captains? not in sprint, if you just look at skills, your sprinter is better than mine.
Team Hunsrueck: but time and money to have good captains and the other teams could work for you...tsss
Ban Esto: watch the record of the race for the first 12 km where I have a guy on tempo...
Ban Esto: you are very unpleasant, Hunsrueck, talking the way you talk and accusing people of sucker very quickli
Ban Esto: Moreover I have no good flat guy as I am a recent team, no already have the time to build a good flat team
Ban Esto: I do not suck, if today there is no 3 teams working hard from the beginning I control the race alone.. But it seems othrhave interest to work harder, so I let them do their races
Ban Esto: I can control the race at begin but I not do it gwhen there is already 3 other teams doing it
Team Hunsrueck: sucker
Team Hunsrueck: i dislike your style to ride, or better to nonride
Team Hunsrueck: control the race at the begin for yellow and the guys with good helpers do the rest
Ban Esto: and PLEASE TALK WITH A NICE VOICE, I DISLIKE YOUR "SHUT UP" WITH CAPITAL LETTERS
Ban Esto: I just take the good wheel yesterday
Ban Esto: and in the end I consider I have no chance, there are a lot of sprinters, and also good trains...
Ban Esto: I had a guy on tempo for the first km of the stage today, but 3 other joined. That is just stupid, it is bad when there is no escape so why should I have blocked it? After, later on race I have no flat guy when there were 85-88 guys on tempo.
Team Trojer Vellau: form you need for real races but not for sprints ^^
Team Hunsrueck: AND SHUT UP WITH FORM
Team Hunsrueck: you have yellow and a good sprinter, yesterday win, today 3rd
Team-Mojabahs: gw
Ban Esto: yesterday was chance, I have zero chance against a 94-93 and a 79-82-90
BayernPower: gw
Ban Esto: my sprinter has 85 form today
Ban Esto: work with who ?
Team Hunsrueck: Ban Esto 2nd day no work, yesterday ok but today...weak
Ban Esto: gw
SprintTeam: i give up, that train is too strong -.-

flockmastoR

Re: fun spoiled by bad chatting, and bad welcoming

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:54 am

Hello,

1) First and most important thing is: Form DOES count for the sprint too, because it changes your real skills (all of them). What they wanted to say is that even if you have bad form, it doesnt change that your sprinter took place 1 and 3 in two sprints. Anyway I wouldnt talk about Form in a race at the beginning of the month and I don't really take it serious if any team tells me about bad form etc.

2) Whats the point of writing about this in the forum? If you think you have been attacked in a verbal way you are better in the "fairplay" section of the forum. But a "Shut up with form" is really nothing at all.

3) You can race how you like. For the sprint situation I would say you were absolutely right not to work for your sprinter in this group, but you than have to face some "sucking" comments if you win in such situations. Not that they are right but there is always anybody who make such a comment, just ignore them. If you have yellow and want to keep it you can do some tempo, with your team more at the beginning because you dont have anybody for the end, and there was a strong group in front, so some tempo from start could have been done.

4) You can buy the riders that you want. But your team is indeed of a "parasite" type. Sprinter ok, not the best, not the big need to have 2 88 flaters. But your 2 TT + mountain guys with not really much of support in the flat is not really good. But yes you are a newer team, you can do some errors too. Try to get 1-2 really good young flat riders next and your team looks good with alle the young hill riders.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points