Put the forums into one.

Questions, discussions and suggestions concerning this new forum.

Moderator: systemmods

Lizard

Put the forums into one.

Post by Lizard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Hi there, I was just thinking about something that prevents the users from having more contact in the forums.. on the one side it's a good idea to put like an english / german / french / italian / zulu / hindu part in the forums, but why put that all in different subforums? I mean.. let's see it like this:

Subforum "Teams"

- Team A Press Thread (e.g. italian)
- Team B Press Thread (e.g. german)
etc etc

Why put them in different forums? Basically, if one is not able to speak the users language used in the thread he won't read it.. on the other side we have users that post things like:
Ronson wrote:Oh, what a surprise. Have to visit much more the english part of the forum. Just one nomination but yet voted. :D

Thanks a million!
Put all RSF riders, teams, offtopic, sitting black board etc pp into one subforum. Who cant speak the language - dont answer the thread of Team Italy if you cant speak italian.. or rather write in english.. but if we separate everything it happens that the activity will go down further and further... it wont hurt to have threads that one doesnt read.. it happens already because of the separation.. but like this maybe one finds some threads he/she wouldn't have found when everything was separated like now.. and then again, the technic / bug / fairplay stuff can stay in it's own international english-speaking forums. And if one has an idea but maybe doesnt speak english.. what the hell, then he/she writes in german / italian or whatever what his approach is for technic improvement. The users capable of the language will answer anyways.

And then I think.. if only the french users have contact to french users like 95%, they dont get to know the german or italians e.g., and we all know there are so many clichées about the other nationalities in this game like Team France is a sucker all the time or Team Germany is not cooperative for sprints or whatever. I was just thinking.. MAYBE (careful, irony!) when you ride a race against bergwerk and then see his press thread afterwards you read it, see he's a nice old man and start contacting and talking... go multi-culti!
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)