RSF Forum opening

Questions, discussions and suggestions concerning this new forum.

Moderator: systemmods

Aixteam

Re: RSF Forum opening

Post by Aixteam » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:40 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Bugs: Why not just the one on top? Nobody will get killed if he writes about a bug in his own language, not even necessary to make subforums, Bugs, everybody just writes in the language he wants.. hoping you understand it...
I agree here . Like that , we have a German forum with a mix of French and English . Then with Italian part , we just need one " Bugs " in the English one
Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:19 pm

But many user can´t or want speak english. I would like that they have the alternative to use such a link: viewforum.php?f=1 so that they only see that forum they want to see. Because it is really a little bit chaotic...

What i prefer:

First site of the forum:
Choice between the language forums: english, german, french, (italic and so)

There we use a (complex) structure, for example like this one we had in the old german forum.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Furthermore i don´t like it that way it done in the race organisation forum. Maybe because it´s the only and i have to get accustomed to it.

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Maybe the Bug-Threads in the different language parts of the forum should be called "Bugs [english]", "Bugs [deutsch]" "and Bugs [francais]", so that everybody knows instantly what language to use. It might cause a little confusion as it is now. A user sees "Bugs" and just thinks "ah, bugs, here i can write doem the problem", does it in german without realizing that it's located in the english part.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:23 am

Yes ,the calendar thing is maybe too complex... but maybe we need to get used to it as well, don't know.

Subforums, clicking, bah... I just think the start site is way too long now. And will get longer once the Italians are here. (And in case Buhmann doesn't know, Leso and Aux are working on getting them)

2 ways to make it shorter:

1) the one I said, put some of the things together.
2) What you seem to say, first site just choice where you want to go, french/german/italian... but then maybe it becomes too short...
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 pm

I think 2) is the best solution. Many user will be happy if they can ignore the other forums.

Aixteam

Post by Aixteam » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:50 pm

Robyklebt wrote: 2) What you seem to say, first site just choice where you want to go, french/german/italian... but then maybe it becomes too short...

What will be the utility to do one single forum in this case ?
Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:41 pm

If users want to ignore the other parts they simply can bookmark the link of the title bar of each subforum.

Being forced to chose a language at first, forces everybody to ignore the other parts. Don't have the desire to enter the forum again and again for only taking a small look if their are new posts in the other 2 sub forums.

I want them all at once and on one page!

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Sometimes I think Luna is my multi. It is absolutely the same what I was thinking. :lol:

@Luna: There is only one difference. You are much more successful than me ;)

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:56 pm

It's because I created the Bear-account as a farm team of mine. Success is not so important there ;)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:36 pm

It's way too long now this forum, way too long.
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Scroll, baby!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:02 am

I will ask leso, but i think that we create a frontpage where you can choose the language.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:19 am

Basically you are afraid of any changes. All has to be like it used to be... plus an "english" part where it seems to be forbidden to speak german or french.

Separate, separate, separate. :roll:

It actually looked better before you started making changes, you should have let leso do it.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:57 am

But another (hopeless) try.

What is the goal?

To have completely separated languages with as little interaction as possible? Separate, then make MORE threads. Or... let's go back to the old forums, I like the german one, I liked the french one too. Don't see the point though.

Realistically what will happen is: Some things will be mostly discussed in the "english" part now. Races for example. 32 topics in the "english" part, 0 in the german, 0 in the french. Separate it and... what are we supposed to do then exactly? Open 3 topics for each race? 15 team race, a few who speak english, they will discuss in the "english" part? The 3 french that don't speak english will be in the french part? The 3 germans that don't speak english in the german part? Or is it ok to have all together in the "english" part? Common sense would say: 1 thread in the "english" part is enough. If Psychopaten is in the race, he can write german, no problem, he says his english is not so good. He writes german, I answer back in german, no problem. Well, of course the forum now already tells him "no, shouldn't write german there, it's not multilanguage, it's only english"... then make your separation and it's even clearer...no german, no no no no german in the "english part". It really helps communication :roll:

What you have to do is have as many people being able to communicate with each other as possible. Then a strict language separation is bullshit. Especially for the interactive topics. Races the perfect example. By limiting the language to "english" in the former "multilingual" part of course you are doing the opposite.... The RSF Races topic in the German part and french part right now only does one thing. It takes away space. Delete it? No. But put it in a subforum, since it won't be used that often. RSF Teams und Fahrer? The same.

But let's go through the German part one for one:

-Technik/Funktionen. Needs to be there. Correct. Of course it's a bit sad that a topic like "how will a 'teamseite' look like in the future" is only to be found there, and not in the english part. The one thing that you seem to be working on... no french input welcome? No english input welcome?
-Bugs: Mmh.. not sure it needs to be there. What would the problem be if somebody writes his bug report in german in the systems part? End of the world? But ok, a few want only to have to see their wonderful german/french, we have to protect them from even seeing the english part!!! Or french as one famously funny Austrian put it, "when I join the forum at first I'm in the french forum" :lol: Well, again, then let's go back to the old forum. Or instead of clustering the forum with useless things cut the "bugs" part from the french and german part, make the title on top "BUGS, ENGLISH,GERMAN, FRENCH, ITALIAN" Everybody can be expected to find that. It's not exactly the same as it used to be, yes... but if we want the same why move?
-Rennkalender: Delete that. Or then we will have a designer putting his stuff in there... then everybody that designs things will have to check the top part, the german part, the french part and later the italian part to see if somebody already designed that particular race... Worse than before actually. The top calendar to complicated with the subforums right now? Maybe, not sure, needs time to get used to, will see. But there should be only ONE central Calendar central. Not 4. Somebody isn't flexible enough to go check the top part because it's english? So everybody else has to go check 3 places?
-Fairness: See bugs. Plus I would think for you it would be easier as well to have it in one place... since otherwise you risk getting the same fairness or bug reports in 3 different languages in 3 different places. Make it clear on top that any language is ok, and you'll get 3 reports in 3 different languages but at least in one place.
- Teams und Fahrer: 0 topics. Put it in a subforum.
- RSF Rennen: 0 topics. Put it in a subforum with Teams und Fahrer. Title.. don't know. Both can/should be there, but don't really need to be on the start site.
- Team Presseabteilungen: Needs to be there, good like that. Except that of course it used to be in a different place in the old german forum, since all has to be the same you need to move it a bit.... :D
- Radsport: well, ok. keep it if you want.... the few people who discuss it here mostly have gone on discussing it in english now, but ok, maybe others will start.
- Offtopic: Ok.
- Ich bin neu hier. Good thread, keep it. But mmh, it's so far down, will anybody find it?

So, instead of a start site separation you could cut a few things to make it less clustered.

-Technik
-Etwas (subforum Teams und Fahrer/Rennen)
-Presseabteilungen
-Radsport
-Offtopic
-Ich bin neu hier.

6 forums, some with subforums instead of 10, and I for one don't see how the forum would suffer from it.

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Robyklebt wrote:-Technik/Funktionen. Needs to be there. Correct. Of course it's a bit sad that a topic like "how will a 'teamseite' look like in the future" is only to be found there, and not in the english part. The one thing that you seem to be working on... no french input welcome? No english input welcome?
Somebody could open a thread in the english part. When I opened the thread I read a lot of stuff that the german part is so empty. So I did the thread in the german part. Maybe not a good idea but input is welcome for sure.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:54 pm

I don´t know what is the best solution. All have advantages and disadvantages. I thought that making a front page "english", "french" and "german" would be the best, because users who want to read the own language and the english part can do this and people who can´t speak english needn´t seee the whole threads whcih makes it a little bit too complex.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:31 pm

What about this:

Mainpage, speaking in the language you want (or the language of the first post in a thread is to used?):

Official (News and so on)
Fairplay (no discussion, only warning etc.)
Bugs
RSF-Races (all languages allowed. No problem i think, because this aren´t really important discussions and only a few user will post here, so that the overview should kept.
Newbie (Ask in the language you like)

Speaking only the specified language:

English Area
Wit additional subforums: Technic and so on

French Area

German Area

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:49 pm

I would put "Calendar" also on the mainpage, otherwise there are calendars in german, french and english, and the confusion starts new. It would be better to have just one place to discuss the calendar stuff, the language normally doesn't matter, the profiles are more important ;)

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:56 pm

Official
Fairplay
Bugs
RSF-Racess
Race Organisation

English Area
subforum1
subforumn

French Area
subforum1
subforumn

German Area
subforum1
subforumn

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Buhmann wrote:Official
Fairplay
Bugs
RSF-Racess
Race Organisation

English Area
subforum1
subforumn

French Area
subforum1
subforumn

German Area
subforum1
subforumn
Not fully convinced.

RSF Races there at the top is a bit "ugly" Like the a separation between the "serious" part and the racing part.

Rather have

Official
Fairplay (why no discussion????)
Bugs
Technic (on central main one is nice, doesn't mean the other languages shouldn't get one either)
Race Organisation

on top.

Basically same as now, without this part here... (although we probably shouldn't delete it right away either)

Then the languages plus subforum, although some things there could be in the main part as well.
For example
RSF Races in the english part. the "newbie" part in all languages. But then maybe get's too long again...

Biggest criticism here: 1) Races on top, no technic (could have 3 subforums kind of the separation we had on the old german forum) 2) discussion not allowed in the fairness part.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:10 pm

What do you mean with fairplay discussion? I meant discussions like "is it fair to make ...?" or soemething like this. Here i want that user say "User XY made a teamttack". Discussions in different languages are silly. If you want to discuss something go to the subforum.
And i don´t see the problem with the RSF races...where should these forums are? This shouldn´t be in any language part if you ask me.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Put "Technic" into the mainpage isn´t good. This have to be 100% in exactly one language.I think you don´t understand the reason for my differentation :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:28 pm

technic top part: english

Then technic in the german part, and technic in the french part. Easy. In the top part only english, some german/french words sentences with online translation..

RSF Races?

It's stupid next to all the serious stuff... it's perfect in the multilingual part.. that you killed you bad boy. But bah, somebody who never saw Platini play, what can we expect... But ok, if you insist... still looks stupid in the "serious part"... make another part in that case.

Multilingual:

RSF RACES
RSF TEAMS AND RIDERS
RSF TEAM PRESENTATION

Then english, french, german, (italian) with the subforums

The Team presentation for example, now many multilingual ones are in the english part. The english part RIGHT NOW is an exchange place for native german/french speaker, where there is some stuff in english, sometimes some stuff in german, sometimes in french. Most do an effort to do as much as they can in english if they are there.. but if it's ENGLISH it's english and all the german/french is forbidden?