RSF Forum opening

Questions, discussions and suggestions concerning this new forum.

Moderator: systemmods

Bear

Re: RSF Forum opening

Post by Bear » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm

Hansa wrote:For this reason, why I have had my back to the press department of the German threat lay ... Before I write any nonsense, I would rather leave it to the German :D
I don't care. I write nonsense :D

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:54 am

That´s what i meant. Multipart is tupid, many people will ignore this forum. We need english, german and french part. No mixed forums and threads.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:02 pm

No, some people simply don't speak Englisch.

Race thread, mixed languages and nationalities.

20 managers.

15 native german speakers. 5 speak some french, 12 some english
5 native french speakers, 1 speaks some german, 4 some english

Put it in the German part, ignore the 4 frenchies that don't speak german? No
Put it in the English part, ignore the 4 guys who don't speak english? Why is that better?

Put up 2 threads? Possible. Maybe 3 ok too.

That's why keep it Multilingual, so that those who don't speak English can write German/French there. It doesn't need to be monolingual, somebody who doesn't speak english still wants to participate in the discussion, he writes an analysis in German. Or French. Good. I'll answer in German or French. If the title says english, we'll have complaints about german and french soon. Ok, understand it if we have team threads only in german in the multilingual part, can go to the german part, but in races? 1 thread, any language you can think of, Aux can write in Italian, no problem. Those who understand it can answer in Italian.
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

olmania

Post by olmania » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I'm ok with the multilanguages part.
I never go in the german part, i understand nothing, normal.
When i want to read a center press in the international part and this is in german i'm a bit frustated, comprehensible.
I don't know what is the best solution, but i know what is the problem.

So the people who don't speak english and want to do a center press in the international part are not forced to write (a lot).
Just few words, draws, results, 'schémas' ... and some things originals like that.
Just an idea :roll:

Bear

Post by Bear » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 pm

I was just talking about the team threads. There I think a split in english, french and german is ok. The other parts of the multilingual part I like. For example the Race thread, riders or real cycling. This should be multilingual as Roby already said.

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Bear wrote:I was just talking about the team threads. There I think a split in english, french and german is ok. The other parts of the multilingual part I like. For example the Race thread, riders or real cycling. This should be multilingual as Roby already said.
i completely with you. there are certain topic who may be splitted to the different languages sections, but some topics recquire the input of all users and at the same place. like a race thread or discussion about physics, etc. thus, i support a multilingual part. but: if you're able, use the language that most other people understand.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:26 pm

where is the problem with teampresentation and multilingual?

if you have somebody who writes german in the multilanguage part - the germans will read it the frenach won´t understand it.

if you give him english, french, german as options - he will go to german. result: the germans read it the french not. it is the same. but divided.

mix it and you have options - me for example i will write there a mix of both (english/german) - all in english is too hard. i do not want to. so i go to the german part if there is only german/english choise. would be a pity - because i want the french too to read my about my heroes - at least the most important things , like Atanas Kracholev now running the surf school pub at the Black Sea - everybody should know...

for things like race discussions there is a mixed part the absolutely best solution in my opinion.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:55 pm

or discussion about physics, etc. thus, i support a multilingual part
physic discussion in different languages at the same time? Impossible to get any useable result.

Race discussion and Team presentations okay...but i think many people will igonre this forums because the are not able to understand the most. Furthermore it´s possible that you are discussion and later because of changing the language you can´t follow.

Lizard

Post by Lizard » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:57 pm

Ariostea got a point there. Multilingual doesn´t mean English, because most understand. When someone wants to write in German, no problem. But probably more will write and read in English if it´s like he mentioned. Me personally, I don´t quite read the German and French team threads at all, because I´m too lazy to scroll such a distance down (that´s true...) :twisted:

But discussions about planning the calender, physics and stuff should be English only.
Wizards Cycling: De toenemende Ster van Amsterdam

Hall of Fame:
Adam Wollfinger (73-82-80-47-57, 64 Reg)
Herbert Königsbauer (87-60-66-54-53, 57 Reg)
Manuel Clausen (76-83-63-46-64, 57 Reg)
Tom van Amstel (74-80-74-50-65, 35 Reg)

team fl

Post by team fl » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:58 pm

until now, the multilingual part is the most active one ;)

and as i said before: writing in the language most other users understand. could be english in the most cases. only very few dont understand it at all. and roby wrote it in another thread: as long as you understand the meaning, its unimportant HOW GOOD you write in a foreign language. so yes, english might be better than multilingual for technical discussions, etc.
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:32 pm

And it should be possible to discuss technical stuff in their favorite language too. I don´t want to exclude many users, so that the mustn´t discuss about new functions and so on.

Also i´m not able discussion technial details in english...Often it´s very hard in german, too. I takes much time in english. But okay, it´s a good training...

Okay, what i want to say: The old forums should be keep up in any way. Everbody shall have the possibility for suggestions and so on.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 pm

?????????????????

You are all confusing me.

Right now there is:

System part: It's not written anywhere, but I think it's understood that it should be as much as possible in English.

Then multilingual: It's all about races, riders, etc. no technical stuff. A lot will be in English I think.. but as others said, it doesn't have to be all in English.

Then German. There is a technical part. That's where people who don't speak or don't want to speak english will put their suggestions in German.
French: There is a technical part. Same function as the one in the german part.

So I don't really get what you are talking about here... what has the technical part on top, System part, to do with the multilingual part?

And what exactly does Buh mean when he says: Old forums kept up?? the old german and french forum keep going?
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 am

Keep the structure of the old forums, not the forum itself. But i don´t know if it wouldn´t be too many subforms. Whatever, the next days i will look at the possibilities, create new forums if necessary and then make this forum to the main forum. The old forum only for copying any important posts.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Today I was posting the profiles for Pais Vasco 2010. Unfortunately the pics are cut at the side. Can I change my settings so that I can see the entire pic or is it a problem of the forum. Would like to chance that... need help :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:41 pm

I see the whole pictures... maybe a problem with your "board style"? User control panel, there you can change it.. .but not sure it's that.

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Yap, thanks, the style was the problem... but the standard style I like the most, with the others I would get weird after a while ;)

Aixteam

Post by Aixteam » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't know if it has been asked yet but I would like to go directly on this forum when I click on " Forum " in RSF page . French Forum is dead anyway so that would be better ;)

Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

NoPikouze

Post by NoPikouze » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:08 pm

+1 Aix

Moreover, the press center link brings on the old forums (in both languages) and not on this one.
Qui sème le vent récolte le tempo...

lesossies
Site Admin

Post by lesossies » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 pm

I think we will change it

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:36 pm

hm what about a "search for a Mentor" thread, with English, German, and French explanation???
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Yes, would be usefull.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:02 pm

I changed the links to the mentor threads, so that beginners will come to the new threads. German player to the german thread and french player to the english. I don´t know if there is somebody in the french are who want to create such a thread there too?

Aixteam

Post by Aixteam » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Buhmann wrote:I changed the links to the mentor threads, so that beginners will come to the new threads. German player to the german thread and french player to the english. I don´t know if there is somebody in the french are who want to create such a thread there too?
That wouldn't be a problem ;)
Petit Singe: Aix croit toujours qu'il sera important dans le real life, RSF bah, pas trop ambitieux, NoPik a compris que il n'aura jamais le succes qu'il peut avoir ici en real life, alors il donne tout pour RSF!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:22 am

Why not work more with subforums like in the Calendar part at the top?

Right now the german part is veeery long, later there will be an italian part, forum is loooooooooong... try to make it shorter.

For example: Presseabteilungen, RSF Rennen, Fahrer und TEams. Why not put those three in 1 forum, no clue what name, and then make those 3 subforums there?

Rennkalender... hier not even sure if it's good to have that. One of the reasons for the new forum was the calendar, with 2 forums it was complicated go here go there... make the same here, not perfect... then we have stuff down there and stuff up on top. Non English speakers have questions about the calendar too? OK, make 2 threads in the calendarforum on top. 1: Rennkalenderfragen Deutsch. 2: Questions calendrier français... (get a french speaker to find a better title for the french one) And if you really want a calendartopic in each language section, put it in a subforum... Technik/Funktionen, subforum Rennkalender.

Bugs: Why not just the one on top? Nobody will get killed if he writes about a bug in his own language, not even necessary to make subforums, Bugs, everybody just writes in the language he wants.. hoping you understand it...

Generally would be nice (I think) to work more with subforums so that the start doesn't become too clustered.

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:19 am

Robyklebt wrote:Why not work more with subforums like in the Calendar part at the top?

Right now the german part is veeery long, later there will be an italian part, forum is loooooooooong... try to make it shorter.

For example: Presseabteilungen, RSF Rennen, Fahrer und TEams. Why not put those three in 1 forum, no clue what name, and then make those 3 subforums there?
I find it a little bit more unconvenient to click through the forums ans subforums.