RSF Forum opening

Questions, discussions and suggestions concerning this new forum.

Moderator: systemmods

lesossies
Site Admin

RSF Forum opening

Post by lesossies » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 am

official opening of the new forum

This stays first in a Beta phase so we can play and test .

I´ll promote and demote some members to mods or admins if necessary.

The most important thing is to become quickly a good working discussion group for the race profils and the calendar organisation.

Have fun :ugeek:

Robyklebt

Re: RSF Forum opening

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:52 pm

Ah, hadn't even seen this part yet, was wondering where to write forum related things.

Hope this thread is ok..

- A link to the forum somewhere in the game
- More skins!! Can't post without my beloved Morpheus green!
- the bottom part seems very clustered, maybe use the Subforum thing? Main forum "Deutsch" "Français" "English" maybe (hopefully) later more and then the different categories as subforums.

Ah, and a question. In the german forum it's possible to "einklappen/aufklappen" some some parts of the forum.. not possible here?

And I seem to be a megamoderator, have a control panel and everything, member of 500 groups... not really necessary, ok for the transition why not, but once the forum is running I propose taking the mods from the german forum.
Plus I just had to approve a post by Bear. Why? will all posts need to be approved or is that a temporary setting?
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Bear

Post by Bear » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:36 pm

Robyklebt wrote:...
Plus I just had to approve a post by Bear. Why? will all posts need to be approved or is that a temporary setting?
I want to know that, too :)

It is only in team presentation I think

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:31 pm

- A link to the forum somewhere in the game
I don´t want to have 2 forum running in parallel (wow, great english...but last time i talked about that, don´t want say thsi every time...).
So i think when we finished here, we closed the other forum. And then a link to this forum will integrate.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Probably we'll need sam transit time to transfer several chosen themes or content of team threads to the new forum.

Bear

Post by Bear » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:26 am

Something is still wrong with my account. I can't write or answer personal messages. My team thread is marked with a red star. I don't know what's the problem. Please help me!!! :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:20 am

Problem seems to be:

You are in the special group "newly registered user" Me too... and can't write PNs either... people who registered on feb 11 seem to be part of that group. Buhmann, Klebt, Olmania and you
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:27 am

For the moment only 10 posts per page are shown, more would be better, like in the german forum. 25 there I think.

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:40 pm

I'd like to set this number myself... normally I take the biggest available number, 40 or even 80.

Proposal: "as usual", 10, 20, 40, 80.

Zauberlehrling

Post by Zauberlehrling » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Another Thing: I don't know whether it's good to have Team pages in german, french and english. In my opinion one Team page would be enough and there everybody can write in the language he likes. Now, several Teams have two Team pages and nobody knows where to write his more or less intelligent comments. Hansa openend one in English and one in German. I'd like to say to him, that he's an idiot.... but I don't know where to write, and always write my senseless stuff 2 times is too complicated.

Short: I'd prefer one Team-page section in "multilanguage".

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:33 pm

I don't really think it's a big thing to have 2 Teamthreads and I think if you like to say Hansa that he is an idiot you can do this in bith of them :P

But seriously, I think its okay for the german chitchat (or spam) the German thing will be good and for those who are willing to speak English the English part of the forum will be more important anyway
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Krom

Post by Krom » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Zauberlehrling wrote:Another Thing: I don't know whether it's good to have Team pages in german, french and english. In my opinion one Team page would be enough and there everybody can write in the language he likes. Now, several Teams have two Team pages and nobody knows where to write his more or less intelligent comments. Hansa openend one in English and one in German. I'd like to say to him, that he's an idiot.... but I don't know where to write, and always write my senseless stuff 2 times is too complicated.

Short: I'd prefer one Team-page section in "multilanguage".
I'm in such a way. As well as it is momentary, it is in my opinion only a double work for both groups. I'm also clear for a team side in which everybody can write into language into which he wants it.
My spelling mistakes and grammer outgrowth are wanted and serve for general amusement.

Bear

Post by Bear » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:29 pm

I like the differentiation into german, french and english. So each team can choose the langauge where the team wants to presentate the riders and victories. I don't know if it's necessary to have 2 or 3 team presentation threads but I think it must be open to the manager. The arrangement of the forum I like very much. All in one, that's the reason for the new forum, doesn't it?

Edit: Just the team presentation thread was changed :)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Bah, I preferred the old arrangement.

Bear

Post by Bear » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Robyklebt wrote:Bah, I preferred the old arrangement.
Me too, but the new one is not bad I think. One team thread and each team manager can choose the language. Looks not bad to me.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:18 pm

gibts nun nur noch einen Pressebereich? hab jetzt nähmlich 2 im englischen, muss ich jetzt umsortieren und alles in eines werfen?
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm

may be "race discussions" only in the english part too? everybody racing together - everybody talking about the race together is may be better. in the language he wants. like during the race...

but may be better to have one more "category" in the english part like the old "Teams und Fahrer or Fahrer"? where to post stuff like the "Italia"-thread?, glory results of training?, or to ask: who is the best Mountain rider in RSF?... such stuff. at the moment i would put it to "RSF Races" - but if there is the current race discussions as well it might bget chaotic.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Of course it's not the end of the world...

But then what's the problem with having the option to open 2 or 3 presentation threads? I

In a way it's nice to have a "german corner" a "french corner", an "italian corner" too, after all we have 1 Italian and a few german-Italians. Like it is now, all in the English part, it looks a bit like we want to force everybody to post everything in English down there too. I know it's not the case, but could be interpreted that way. Plus without the "presseabteilungen" in the german part, in the french part, why are they still there then? We have "races" left. Now that would be much more logic in 1 place. Can stay 3 too, but 1 to me seems make more sense than just 1 for the team threads. Not necessarily english, but "multi-lingual" or something. But there only one would make more sense than with the team presentations. Then we have "real cycling". Ok.... 635 posts in the old german forum, after "Renntaktiken" the most unpopular topic in the lower part. Then off topic, which is nice and ok, but.. Somehow like this the whole german and french parts become fairly useless. Not a good thing. Not everybody speaks english, we need to keep a German and French part. And for team threads as well I think. Let's say player "A" doesn't speak english, or not really good, takes him much longer to read and simply not as much fun. B the same, A is german, B is french. All threads in one place, all mixed, German/French/English(later Italian/Chinese/Arabic/Japanese/Suaheli etc etc.) To find the threads written in German is a hassle for player A and B. And the result will be that he probably will become less active in the forum. Give him his purely german part for team threads, give him his "Teams und Fahrer" where he can post statistics, discussions about nations, etc. in German/French. One forum probably is a good idea, for the calendar almost necessary, for other parts good too, there the language will mostly have to be English, so that a maximum of people can understand what's going on, so far the non-german speakers have mostly been left out there. But we need to leave a space for everybodies own language, for those who can't or don't want (me for example in the case of the teamthread, write enough english, my teamthread is not important enough so that all those damned frenchies need to understand what I write) to write english. And without the teamthreads a all in German/French in one place the corners lose a lot of their raison d'être.

My proposal:

German part with subforums: (so that it doesn't become to long, I hate forums with too many stuff on the start page.)
- Presseabteilungen
- Teams und Fahrer
- (Rennen)
- Off topic
- And maybe a short German technical etc. part. For those that don't speak english but have questions or ideas. Of course it should be made clear that the main discussion is on top and mostly in english.

French part exactly the same. (ok no, all with french titles)

English part: the same again. Minus the technical part, the top should be all in english, unnecessary here. Plus a Rider of the year part not that many people care, but for those who do. All in subforums

Races in all 3 places or just in 1? Don't know... but if just in one, not in the english part. Put it before the German part, Sort of "multilingual" or whatever. Why not english? If it ever happens that we get an english version the "risk" that the English speakers become the majority is very great. And then having the races thread officially in the english part is like if we put the only one in the German part now. It has to be clear that we don't want to marginalize the non-english speakers, not everybody speaks english, those that don't still have to feel welcome.

ariostea

Post by ariostea » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:13 pm

german, french and multilingual - yes! it´s cool. i like it.

Buhmann

Post by Buhmann » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:17 pm

Roby...your shit long german postings are hard enough, in english it´s terrible to read this when you havenßt much time.

I think we need a german and a french Technic-Forum! Suggestions and so on should be possible to post if somebody can´t speak english too! Furthermore: If we really taslked about technical details i´m not able to write it in english. Often it´s hard enough to explain something in german.

Cerro Torre RT

Post by Cerro Torre RT » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:57 am

But if you take the time to translate, you will be suprised how easy you could explain it if you just think about it properly...

plus, i don't think splitting those discussions in 2 languages won't help to point out the advanteges of the combined forum...

Gera

Post by Gera » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:48 am

I miss headings such as "Teams and Riders" for training results and so on!
RSV Gera (ehemals Hansa-Team)

Derrick Reynolds - Romandie/Dauphine/Tour de France/Anden/Emilia - Winner 2009 / 2. Giro + 2. Vuelta 2009

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:51 am

Hansa wrote:I miss headings such as "Teams and Riders" for training results and so on!
No thread for Rhodes, his training is unfair :D

Gera

Post by Gera » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:54 am

This post I had written before training ;)
RSV Gera (ehemals Hansa-Team)

Derrick Reynolds - Romandie/Dauphine/Tour de France/Anden/Emilia - Winner 2009 / 2. Giro + 2. Vuelta 2009

Bear

Post by Bear » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:58 am

Hansa wrote:This post I had written before training ;)
You must be a visionary. I know that you want this thread because of Rhodes. ;)

Edit: Sorry for being off topic