TN&KIBR 14h

Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

team fl

TN&KIBR 14h

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:37 pm

Tis the season again, or the offseason to be more precise. Time for the December Tour! So we're riding Tamil Nadu&Kerala International Bicycle Race (TN&KIBR) this year. Looks like rain instead of snow. Team FL is prepared though, at least with speedos. As this is not the Giro, the line-up will be young and cheap, going for bunch sprints in flat stages and reckless action from the Team FL youth department otherwise. Or lazy offline stages... Hence, the goal is to win stages, annoy everybody with bad puns and music and make the Afternoon great again, Tamil style. The line-up looks like this:

x1 Aron Abreha, main rider for the flat stages
x2 Chérif Cissé, hopes not to get shot by Bob Marley
x3 Gianni Giannelli, second in line for the sprint stages
x4 Gilberto Godoy, road captain, churrasco and caipirinha connaisseur
x5 Holger Hässig, will be even angrier riding in the rain
x6 Ndamukong Nkengasong, young fill material
x7 Spiridon Sprenger, Spiridoom!
x8 Tesfaye Tsegaye, first in line for the sprint stages
x9 Walter Walkenhorst, young fill material
I didn't mean to say it. But I meant what I said.

flockmastoR

Re: TN&KIBR 14h

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:11 pm

A&D in expensive cannon fodder mode.

1) Ferenc Krausz, GC leader
2) Rolf Sievert, ultra useless expensive classic
3) Karl Prachar, good alrounder classic with little stage chances
4) Yann LeCun, helper in the hills
5) Laszlo Babai, sprinter
6) James Watt, flat rider
7) Ilija Balinow, reg strong rider
8) Carlo Avogadro, reg strong rider
9) Rudolf Kalman, flat rider
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:52 pm

money wasting mode for CC

Costello, Fanha, Sullivan for the mountainous stages
Park & Falafel for the sprints
Holgersson, Pedersen, Gronbech, Costigan with helper duties

goals: win a stage and +-0 at the end of the tour, which, honestly, doesn't look easy

team fl

Post by team fl » Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:58 pm

Stage one, first bunch sprint: Abreha failed already. The sprint train looked good, but with Meisen on his wheel, there was no way to counter the two rider game from CircleCycle who turned out to be the winning move for Matvey Natanzon, who also wears the GC leader's jersey now. Speaking of GC, Dreizehn went for the intermediates aggressively and got 3 seconds for Sidy Randu against his GC opponents. The fight is on! Tomorrow will not offer a bunch sprint most likely, so easy day or attack carnage from Team FL. We will see. So far, a cuddly afternoon december tour. The team management is not very optimistic about a stage win after today, but you never know.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:14 am

Grrr, demand a full naming for the Tour!

Here... a bit lost, what are we doing here. Overpriced, overtalented, even Lorenzini got second place yesterday.
Expected a stronger mountain group, 88-83-82-82-80... And one of the 2 82 is Garcia. Had I know it would look like that, could have left him home and bring somebody else. Team simply seems to strong in GC, Marquez the clear GC favorite. And with 82 Garcia he has a helper that would be leader in almost all other teams. Trutat and Lekubarri 2 of the top classics.

TT, Marquez will lose time, sure almost 3' to Costello? (Didn't actually calculate anything this time, since it goes up as well, just a wild guess). Normally I should be able to get that back, on the steep stuff I can just sieb Costello and then ride with Garcia... ok, not too much steep stuff, except on the day to Munnar... Ok, I'll take the time there then. Hopefully :D If not, Costello might be under reg after the TT. Anyway, long story short, I'm not really concerned with Costello too much. Same with Randu. 66 flat like Costello, so they might follow classic attacks, might get some time, but normally with Trutat-Lekubarri I can contro/limit anything.

The biggest worry is the control, can I hold the race together 2 weeks. On flat stages seems possible, finally good sprint group, and x possible outcomes in sprint imaginable. Who with train, he follows, etc. The big mountain stages having quite a bit of mountain helps, there if I'm in trouble I can just sacrifice Garcia on a earlier hill, bring my classic over it with them and so on. Biggest problem there the 3 classic stages I think, today, next Monday and Wednesday. Ok, use my team, Isidoor is there for his reg too, Longbottom-Vanuytsel-Ceroni have 156 reg per day, if absolutely necessary can use Lekubarri too, 210 then.

Anyway, I should be able to ride this home normally... but certainly it won't be an interesting tour for me. Hoped to be the challenger vs somebody like Baer, or at least have a challenger with 85-86-87-88 mountain...

Sprint as I said looks interesting. Will be the highlight of the Tour?
White jersey, won't seriously compete for that with Garcia I think, he could of course but I rather just go for GC Marquez and treat Garcia as a simple helper. Now if at some point, last 3 days basically, he's still very close and Marquez seems safe, then ok, why not...

Hilly stages, having Lekubarri and Trutat I'm one of the stage favorites there too, Fanha 76 as well, no sprint like Trutat, less downhill than Trutat... 76-76-75-72 here, so Prachar the chaser might try a collaboration with Gipfel, 62 sprint vs Prachar's 63. But well, Gipfel this year seems not interested in wins like that, it's the never ending chase of the "epic" win... the one with 4 guys in the attack... Ride from the back happens only for placements (of course, amazing how people are ready to invest to assure a chance for 5th place, but are not ready to invest for the chance to get first, but the risk to end up 3rd. ). If he gets to his senses and collaborates with Prachar, the duo Cotrufo-Pracher can be dangerous. Either by anticipating or by chasing... We'll see today how it works out all in those hilly stages.

Goals, at this point of course the GC win is goal number 1. And 2 stages goal number 2. Normally happy with one, but with Marquez being so superior in the mountains... 2 seems the minimum.
No need to win every stage for me anyway, happy with 2, if it's 3 ok too, but no need to win 5 or so. Especially after today, there already should be pretty big differences from the classics to the 60-80es etc., I will have little problems letting groups that aren't a huge danger in GC go through
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:43 am

Had a lot of reasons not to bring Chau, first and most importantly I might already miss the first HC stage tomorrow and many others probably too. Second with "just" Chau above 83 it is not much harder for Marquez and it would be just annoying for me. Had some ideas to bring him in support for Krausz but with Costello starting this is kind of a waste. Anyway, regarding the hilly stages, it is tricky. CC with the ultra strong classic+Costello, or does he go for Park? Gip with Cotrufo or will he go for Mosconi? Will he be active at all? Prachar in between with Sievert as only real support rider and a Donkey team that could easily keep Prachar in the back. So all in all not very tempting to control a 209km stage.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:31 pm

Today? Nobody expecting you to control today...at least not me. The idea hadn't even occurred to me!

Prachar-Cotrufo was more meant in chasing Donks/CC, or anticipating. The next 2 hilly stage actually might be more suited to Prachar(Cotrufo) IMO. Not to trying to discourage him from trying in the final, if the stage is still in play.

Park/Mosconi? Another thing I hadn't thought about. Don't really see that on any of the 3 middle mountain stages. Dropping Sullivan to carry up Park? I have 82 that can carry 75 easier and faster... Plus Costello with his sprint and Fanha in support seems as promising. He could of course try Park and still have Costello-Fanha in front trying to win there. Hm, an idea!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:50 pm

Interesting, but certainly not going for Park in any of these stages.
Chances with Costello/Sullivan + Fanha clearly more promising, but not convinced about that either. Holding the 60+ sprint classics away, while then having a 53 sprint against at least 4 riders with same or more sprint? Hm, lets see....

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:26 pm

Far from brilliant Donkey :oops:

The plan was simple and unfaillable.
Sieb with Marquez. Bring back Lekubarri and Trutat with Garcia. Use Lekubarri with his downhill in the part after the first climb. Sieb with Marquez again, bring back Trutat, most likely with Fanha. if Fanha is slightly back possibly wait for him. Then Garcia, by having both climbs Prachar and Cotrufo should be out of it. Probably just the second part enough too, so decide during the race when and how. Then attack with Marquez on the last 8, follwed by 5 3 3, ride with Garcia, attack with Trutat on the first 3, maybe the second. (possibly Garcia too. to get away further) Expect Fanha, Costello and Randu on the wheel, almost not hope that Costello and Fanha forget to follow, bigger hope with Randu, don't know Dreizehn as well. But most likely all there. Possibly wait for the flat part with the attack, depending how far the next group is. Then have Marquez-Trutat-Costello-Fanha-Randu in front, do the downhill with the climbers 53-53-48 sprint, then the flat with Trutat Fanha. Don't follow Fanha with Trutat, need to bring Marquez home. Expected Costello then to most likely win. That's why the alternative plan was to hope Fanha was behind, then ride on with Garcia without him, get 10-15" on top, then do that Marquez+Trutat-Randu attack. Downhill Randu-Marquez, Trutat the flat, much better chances to win.
Perfect plan.

Forgot a little detail, they don't all react like I want them too.
Sieb by Marquez on the 7, that was just a fun pre-sieb, didn't put in the planned helping yet, thought comes back together and I start at 162. Then Marquez alone, when I saw Nemko riding thought, ok, maybe if I don't let him come back he waits for the group. NO, he kept riding. Thought 2 minutes about just going myself with Marquez, but a) didn't think that could ever work originally, and after thinking about it again didn't change my mind, b) would be way under reg. But then should just have dropped with my 2 guys and do the planned sieb at 162. Didn't, was a bit lost. Dreizehn wanted to try with the climbers.
But a) I didn't really think it could work. Fanha (even without Trutat) vs Randu still is a big difference in the flat, downhill Marquez and add Nemko... but it's still 56-53 sprint for me 53-48 for him. And we would rely on Randu a lot, all the flat. Without his 56 it's completely hopeless anyway IMO in those 10 black km we lose way over a minute. With him probably still close to the minute. Add some nasty 3 on top, add some -4.. didn't really see it with the climbers. b) He tried to attack early in the stage, come on, then after I worked together with CC the whole stage don't expect me to betray him to go to bed with you at the first chance! Of course plan A2 was to drop Fanha behind Trutat, he was there in the test sieb, behind Trutat, so that looked good, but dropping him alone without mercy is different from changing lover from one moment to the other. Without that earlier attack attempt, why not, but with that? Hang out in front, let me work for his chances? No, stay quiet in the back is enough.

So while of course Dreizehn's attempt made sense, it completely threw me off my game... simply hadn't thought of that. So instead of dropping back I was hanging out in front hoping me refusal to work would make Dreizehn stop. Idiot. Just drop back and accept that Randu will be there for sure, after all I had some little hope not to have him there... Or try with him the climbers, but see above... The advantage at the bottom of the second climb was already 49", with Garcia then riding there would have increased further, but with Costello or Sullivan riding in the back, Fanha +3, it wouldn't have gone too far over the minute. And couldn't drop Nemko if I rode in front, he had already ridden and was weakened. 53 sprint, Dreizehn would be stupid to ride the flat with 48 Randu if he doesn't have a weakened but still usable Nemko around. And no Randu even 1'30" wouldn't be enough. With him 1'30" yes, but doubt it would have been as much, maybe I'm wrong. Should have dropped and started the real action at 162 as planned, second stage at 171. Or if not then at least drop for 171. Instead of whatever shit I did there.

Then I continued with Marquez in front, until I realized he would be under reg... why not I thought... stay ajhead in case of attacks on the first -2 or -1, to be there. Let Circle Taka ride alone in the back. That was ok, both Lekubarri and Garcia were under 700 energy, even with their good sprint IMO not enough to win. Even with train. Costello riding a bit, but pretty sure he still was over 800 when we came to the flat. Garcia by then at 720...
Attack last km, in retrospect wrong too, at the moment I thought why not, maybe Costello is on Lekubarri, better sprinter and while weakened CT couldn't know how much exactly. And didn't think Wingelaar could follow, but ok, the tempo cost too much energy... but think he still had almost 800 when I went, now after the sprint 625, +60 from the sprint 685 attack, ok, didn't cost 100, so maybe had only 760? hm... seemd more, but maybe didn't check before the last km but one before when I came to the conclusion this was a good idea. Which it seems it wasn't, in the back Garcia-Leku dominated the sprint, but well, against 49 sprinters and weakened Morelon-CTs... vs Wingelaar and Costello way more difficult, after seeing how Wingelaar flew past everybody in front.. brrr. By then probably too much shit done to have a chance anyway, if I had to ride the last km again this time wouldn't attack. See how I lose in the group sprint for once.

Wingelaar, Circle Taka wasn't too happy at his sucking, but what was he to do? He rides with you, he weakens himself vs 56-55 (weakened, my guys) 53, and risk not following potential attacks. Ok, maybe he answers, and demands no attacks by Fanha or Trutat, one of the Donks in tempo too... ok, then that works...but like this for him worked too, he couldn't risk not following attacks, and CT with Fanha had a hot iron. He goes, hoping Costello follows by Trutat or Leku, Wingelaar can't follow, Trutat doesn't.. he's fucked, no risk until we promise no attacks. Or he demands it. But since CT and then me rode anyway, like that worked perfectly.

Bad race by Donks, no doubt. Too fixated on his plan (and now after writing it down I still find it superb, it was a good plan dammit), to dumb implement it, to manage to transfer the plan from virtual paper to the virtual road. 2/10
Circle Taka 8/10, fucked a bit by my ineptitude, but should have ridden with Fanha on the plus 3, advantage to the Prachar group. Forget Leku, I used him earlier.
Pommes 9/10, the 1 point missing is for not even answering CTs questions, a "No" is much nicer than silence
FL: 10/10 Leaving Juantorena home much better for my plan!
AAD: Did what he could really nothing wrong, nothing right 6/10
123: 7/10, riding a bit much in the back, good for the front. Morelon attack good, clear that the climbers group wasn't working by then, hope for the dots, didn't work.
13: 7/10, the early attack clearly backfired. Got the mountains jersey, that worked. Tried as he should in the last mountain. Forgot to follow Costello or so with Randu, who hadn't ridden yet, would follow easily.
Gipfel; 6/10 on late, then rode chasing, not much else to do at that point.

C.Pommes

Post by C.Pommes » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:13 pm

Mh, seems Like i missed this CT question. Otherwise i would have answered of course.
But also i dont think i Had to Work in that Situation, 3 Teams with more Riders, i didnt think Lenny can follow any flat attack. Lenny also Not the fittest anymore, Long Time No helper and even more time with only 1 helper.
Anyway IT IS what IT IS.

Gipfelstuermer

Post by Gipfelstuermer » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:16 pm

Very time constrained Gipfel apologizes for inactivity in the chat and hopes to be more active on some of the days. Little Gip combined with more work than usual keep me very busy but it's really just the lack of time (not a lack of fun or interest in the game) for now.

Anyway, as far as I can be there, Prachar/Cotrufo or Mosconi/Park collaborations are desirable but unlikely to be successful given the profiles and opponents. Otherwise it might be for escapes.
GIP MASTERPLAN
Gameplay: Flexible Min-Tact. Improve Sprint System. Windkante.
Marketing: Re-attract old players. Advertisement. Social Media.
New Players: Fair Start Budget, New Tutorial.
Fairplay: Improve FPC features, Fair Prize Money Disribution.

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:25 pm

CircleCycle wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:50 pm
Was soll das?
Relativ klar, wenn dein Sitter mich laufend provoziert bekommst du eine -3. Ich hab ihm das auch so gesagt und das Resultat war eine weitere Provokation. Deine -3 Rückgabe ist etwas lächerlich, aber die halte ich aus.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:26 pm

Today, an easy win, a potentially expensive stage energy wise, what to do?
Let the group through. Was pretty sure that's what I was going to try to do. If nobody dangerous in GC, as in GC for today, or Friday, let it go. Goes against every instinct of course, but instead of riding 160 km, give the group 10', then ride a bit maybe lose more time again, gain time in the final short climb, around 10' lost, all ok.

Godoy goes, not too happy, at 4'. But ok, if it's a biggish group, ok, let him have this damn yellow jersey, but the problem what to do solved itself before I could even think about it really, 5 more riders join Godoy, among them Holgersson at 4'. 70 mountain, no, we're not letting a 70 mountain get yellow, if the color is actually yellow... seems to be. Yes, final climb on Friday while not steep is still long, we can gain back 6' on him there probably, but on the other hand we might not want to use our star helper Garcia that early. And we want to wear yellow from Friday on at the latest. So chase, Isidoor green, then the Kolli Hills Bends Road with Lekubarri, 54 reg. After that Holgersson gave up, so in theory we could have stopped and let Godoy go, keep him at 6 minutes, let FL win the stage... but after riding the first half of the stage nonstop, no, might as well continue, especially as the job seemed exceedingly easy now. It was, Dreizehn then even started helping, which wasn't necessary, but ok, if he wants. He even rode alone a while, nobody in front, yes cover attacks, but with the final climb coming even if somebody gets 30" with an attack, I'm confident I can take that back with Marquez.

Final climb, on the 4 Randu and Nemko follow Fanha. Didn't really expect them there, but didn't matter. Didn't want to weaken any of my 3 riders before the last 5 or 6 km, so no tempo, hanging with Trutat hoping Fanha goes. He went, Randu there, but as I said, got them back, 17" back, in the end 11" in front. So left some time on the road, yes, but stage and yellow, who cares.

Hm, thought this will be 5 lines... way too long. Promise to be shorter after Lorenzini's win tomorrow

team fl

Post by team fl » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:11 am

As written in the chat already, I expected a lot more action yesterday with the flat stage today. I also expected Big Donkey to go for the stage to be honest. So the attack with Godoy and Walkenhorst was a) for a very small chance to win the stage, b) to grab some money on the road and c) not to get bored with my team during a mountain stage. So now today again in buch sprint mode, hanging on Lorenzini :).

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:35 am

Well in the end I went for the stage ... But with stage 5 coming, where people like Ceroni, Vanuytsel fit might be useful... I wasn't planning on killing them all. After all it's the least inspiring of the 4 mountain stages, needs the tightest control too, short final climb. Fortunately not too long, expected to use 3-4 riders far down, just controlling for a 5-10' time loss. Also expected a bigger group to be honest. Then going for stage might mean using Henri, Trutat under reg as well... No, Top Sengattupatti just not worth that much investment. Kotagiri, Munnar, Kodaikanal all more tempting. Of course tempting to win, but cost/reward looked to be wrong. So was ready to let that go.

Goal 1) yellow Friday. Group with Holgersson out.. Especially since it was smaller than feared. 10 man group I can't hold and would have ridden the same hoping to keep it close enough for Friday without the stage win.
Goal 2) yellow today. Godoy didn't fulfill that criteria, but ok... If CC had sent a non threatening guy, can live with that.

CircleCycle

Post by CircleCycle » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:55 am

ah, Holgersson anyway not dangerous for gc, but I forgot to tell Taka he should drop him on stage 2 after the final climb.
I expected Big Donkey to ride for the stage, to me looked like an easy stage to control and take the W. Okay, stage 5 even easier, should have paid more attention.
So Nilsi just there to take some pts for mountain jersey, which might be a goal later on.

Today bunch sprint mode for CC, but, I will miss the first 60min. Maybe I can check occasionally from mobile phone and put a rider in tempo.
Will be also in bunch sprint mode for stage 6 on saturday and the other 2 flat stages.
GC captain, no surprise is Costello, but it seems like it will be only a fight for podium.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:05 pm

Stage 6 bunch as in bunch? Or bunch as in punch to the bunch and go for Park? Because there IMO makes lots of sense to go for the winning punch with Park... little to go for the bunch of friends that never hurt each other and finish to all together.... Be nasty!

Of course Holgersson not dangerous for GC long term. But since at the latest on Friday I wanted to be in yellow.... not a good idea to give it to him with 6' yesterday. If you then ride for him with Fanha on the final climb pretty sure I have trouble getting that.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:15 pm

Short and concise as usual.

Hard stage, don't fall asleep, don't lose track of time on other sites. Sprint. Lorenzini changes. Abreha. Good style, bad result, 3rd for him so only 4th for Lorenzini. Meisen wins after jumping to the CC guy.

Green Natanzon stays in green, coin toss, both he and Meisen 46 points. Lorenzini 43, Babai 41, Abreha 39. Stays interesting for the moment.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:18 pm

Short and concise as usual.

Excelino never challenged.

No, he was, Morelon tried, props to 123123 for trying repeatedly today, in retrospect I should have ridden with him. He tried early with Freduil and Dagobery, making me ride with Lekubarri. Then after the first sieb by Marquez in the final climb he tried and continued. Excelino dropped back, siebed, took su excelencia Garcia with him. Should have let that be, more respect to the only opponent that showed heart, Morelon. The moral winner today.

Anyway, the expected easy win, already 2, now the goal is 3, one in the second week is necessary. For the rest just try to bring it home without making big waves.
White, now suprisingly Garcia. That wasn't planned, Excelino was playing around a bit, never thought I end up in front of Randu with Garcia. But ok, fighting, vs no fighting, so why not try. Money! Not much else to be gained here.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:16 pm

Abreha! Possibly the first Eritrean c4f win!
Woldermariam is taking the first flight to India to celebrate. Idiot should be training, but I heard he's already boarded. I'll let FL say more about Abreha and the sprint...

With CC not punching, seemed very clear that it would be a bunch sprint... and here we come to my great, as usual, advice. Don't announce your intentions too early or clearly when you have multiple possible cards. Today for me it would have made lots and lots of sense for CC to go for the hill sprint. He said repeatedly he wouldn't, ok. Maybe for green a good decision, but why announce it that early? Just a "I'll see during the race" might be better?
Park vs Mosconi IMO looks good for Park. Race then is different, team not ft, but no team was fit at the start, after the downhill I got 7 fit ones (well, Garcia 998 or 7 or 9) Maybe then more sprint teams attack early, but the control IMO was rather easy with the long downhill and the steep hill that would cost lots of time for any group. (Except with classics, but then I'm in GC mode and chasing)
Yes, sometimes it's much better to announce early, then you know that others know and you'll cooperate. But today? CP, FL, AAD really rather likely for sprint, Donks rather likely to help in the early part for his GC controlling thing (not that much to control, but on principle, I try to) the sprint faction was set for a serious attempt anyway. Then CC today sticking to his announcement, good, shows reliability. But really in front made more sense, then probably Gipfel doesn't sieb him either... and 2 vs 3, maybe me at some point (high tempo, thought Lorenzini would do better than he finally did)

Race. Good attempt by Gipfel, thought it was for Kemp (then for Cotrufo, but same thing almost) when he quite cleverly kept the peloton apart, ride in front, there 0 chance since CC wasn't an ally, but let the ones in the back ride early to catch the first part of the peloton.. .people like Watt early in tempo, thought Kemp could do it this time. Then the attack a bit earlier than I thought, but good, was needed there before the junction for Cotrufo. But the peloton too strong. Donks joined too, Costello while not a huge danger still needs to be distanced more, not gain time back. Otherwise proud of Vanuytsel, good attack, a bit earlier, when it was closer to the minute than 30" better, he did 1 km tempo first (clicked the wrong button, wanted to attack..) and kept it at 30" and it even has a chance since nobody was following. But ok, I already won 2 stages and while I want to win one more, in Kerala, I think with Marquez my chances aren't too bad, no need to win here as well... ok, Lorenzini winning would be nice, but Isidoor while nice a bit unnecessary. So Abreha. Let's see if he does the interview and Malayalam!

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:50 pm

Rest day tomorrow so:

GC; Marquez comfortably ahead. Advantage is not really that big, but since nobody seems really to be a danger Donkey didn't really maximize the advantage. Costello without the refusal to ride yesterday might be too close for my liking, still haven't figured out how much he needs and just wildly guess 3'. He's at 2'06". Randu at 49" closest, but less mountain, less TT, just the classic following can be a problem. Could have gained a bit more on him on stage 3, stage 5 probably it was always going to be around that. But could have gained more on Costello on stage 5, sieb, ride with Garcia, go with Marquez in the last kms. But his gamble probably cost him more than this Garcia tactic. For the moment Marquez is pretty confident. Has to pay attention in hilly stages a bit, has to gain more time to Costello on the way to Munnar.. that should be it.
Podium right now looks like Randu and Costello. But could be Morelon or even Garcia too.

White: Garcia-Wingelaar-Nemko. Stage 5 was huge for Garcia, while finally being dropped by Marquez, he now has 1'21" and 1'22" to Wingelaar and Nemko. With Marquez already ahead, might get the chance to ride for it. But it's still far from the first or even second priority, GC Marquez and a stage win in Kerala are more important. Until the stage to Munnar he's a pure helper, then on the way to Munnar we'll see how it goes.

Green: Most interesting fight, now Abreha 69 Meisen 67, Babai 66, Natanzon 63, Lorenzini 59. Classics, Prachar at 41 seems to far, climbers Randu at 47 better placed, but depends a lot on how the middle mountain stages in week 2 end. Sprinters only have 2 more stages. Not impossible for Randu or Marquez at 40 to come back maybe, with 4 stages where they can hope score points? It was 3 for them this week, 3 for sprinters, 4-2 next week. But the 2 hilly stages have pretty good chances to be for escapes too. Early IS in some stages next week, stage 9, 10+12. Hard to predict who wins, but after today the 2 topsprinters by numbers (not skill, that's Lorenzini) seem ahead, Abreha vs Meisen, with Babai and Natanzon waiting in the wings.

KoM: Marquez ahead, Holgersson wants it. Marquez gets the point when they are easily available without real effort like today, only lost 4 points to Holgersson. Here management and Marquez are a bit undecided what to do... don't need that jersey, but the distribution of points (more for late hills) favors them. We'll see, Munnar with an estimated 500 points available in 300 GPMs makes it to annoying to actually calculate and predict anything.

Stage wins: 2 Donks, 2 Pommes, 1 CC and 1 FL, so 4 of 8 teams, not bad.

General comment: Small group and a bit too cuddly at times, we're all so nice and don't try attacks anywhere... We really miss BW and Mobster! BW for a GC fight (losing for me probably, grrr) and Mobster for some hill sprint action. If he still has a hill sprinter... if not some more escaping. Balance sprint-escape is very clear for sprint, which I like, I don't like the sprint system, but like sprints... but here too much.
Stages IMO so far were ok, 2 long completely flat sprint stages not ideal though. Mountain stages IMO were good, the one to Kotagiri with a difficult to interprete long not so steep final climb. Was just easy because Marquez had no real opponents, but give me some 85 or 86 to fight with and I'm already a bit in trouble, lost, not knowing what to do. Give me Baer and I cry.

Chiellini: Wanted Lorenzini's wheel today. A good plan, but who is Chiellini???

team fl

Post by team fl » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:04 am

Giannelli, not Chiellini. Chiellini is one of my favourite Italian football players in recent years. Don't know where my mind was wandering during all the stage and the sprint. And it is still a miracle to me how I could win today in such a state and with the mistakes I made. But I won't complain. Abreha is very delighted and feels honoured to represent his country with this possible first Eritrean win in C4F. He doesn't speak Malayalam though, but Tigrinya.

I was not really sure what to do for today's stage. After nobody of teams with no sprinter escaped, I thought I could easily get some money on the road. With some encouragment, I then thought: Why not just go on and see what happens, although my plan was to ride for bunch sprint after CC's announcement at the beginning of the stage. But I did not want to harm other sprint teams like Credit Pommes rather than make teams like Gipfelstuermer ride in the peloton, who were probably riding against a bunch sprint. So then I decided to make a 180 again and stop the escape. Not very brave, not very daring, but what I thought to be the right thing in that moment. After that, the race got intersting, as expected. Good action from Gipfelstuermer, stupid mistake from my side, good cooperation in the sprinters' group, nice attacks from Isidoor and Klaas. In the sprint, I wanted to try my train again, which was a stupid idea after this chase and them being not fit anymore. Esp. with CC or CP going for a strong two man train again. in the end, two things were important for Abreha's victory: CC's trick sprint and Lorenzini, who launched at 250m, at exactly that moment, while Abreha changed to his wheel, following these juicy italian calf muscles. The rest is history.

As usual, here are some statistics for the rest day. Essentially, it's what the Donkey already wrote in pure numbers:

General classement:

01. 00:00 Excelino Marquez (Big Donkey)
02. 00:49 Sidy Randu (Dreizehn)
03. 01:10 Magnifico Garcia (Big Donkey)
04. 02:06 Frank Costello (CircleCycle)
05. 02:16 Lucien Trutat (Big Donkey)
06. 02:20 Robert Morelon (123123)
07. 02:31 Lenny Wingelaar (CreditPommes)
08. 02:32 Eddie Nemko (Dreizehn)
09. 02:42 Ferenc Krausz (Alive And Dead)
10. 02:42 Alexander Fanha (CircleCycle)

The general classements is in the hands, ehm hooves of Big Donkey. The ITT might change the top 10 a bit, but I don't think that Excelino Marquez will be seriously challenged without a huge mistake by himself. In the meantime Ndamukong Nkengasong (Team FL) made a huge step today towards winning the red lantern classement.

Points classement:

01. 069 Aron Abreha (Team FL)
02. 067 Marcel Meisen (CreditPommes)
03. 066 Laszlo Babai (Alive And Dead)

Very close race for the points classement and very open. Not only for sprinters, but also for guys like Radu, Mosconi, Prachar or even Marquez.

Mountain classement:

01. 048 Excelino Marquez (Big Donkey)
02. 041 Nils Holgersson (CircleCycle)
03. 034 Sidy Randu (Dreizehn)

So far, only Nils Holgersson going hard for the mountain jersey, Yann LeCun a bit softer, while Randu and Marquez take the points rather naturally. Still open to grab as the most mountain points are up for grabs in week two.

Youth classement:

01. 01:10 Magnifico Garcia (Big Donkey)
02. 02:31 Lenny Wingelaar (CreditPommes)
03. 02.32 Eddie Nemko (Dreizehn

Garcia on paper the best youth ride, but might have to work for GC leader Marquez. Will Big Donkey be able to get the double? Six young climbers are lurking behind Garcia, with Wingelaar and Nemko in the best position right now.

Team classement:

01. 00:00 Big Donkey
02. 04:36 CircleCycle
03. 12:13 123123

If there are no escapes with huges gaps in week two, it seems like Big Donkey will also be the favourite to win this classement.

Stage wins by riders:

2- Excelino Marquez (Big Donkey)
1 - Matvey Natanzon (CircleCycle)
1 - Aron Abreha (Team FL)
1 - Marcel Meisen (CreditPommes)
1 - Lenny Wingelaar (CreditPommes)

Stage wins by teams:

2 - Big Donkey
2 - CreditPommes
1 - CircleCycle
1 - Team FL

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:31 pm

Already regret to have registered for the race. Thanks to bergwerk it wasn't a financial desaster so far and AAD has some chances for green still. Rest is hopeless, thought to have a chance for white, but all in all one month too early for Krausz to really play a role. Stage win chances still the best for Babai in flat stages. Probably some chances in an escape but fear we could end up without winning a stage. But hopefully I have some more time next week. At least monday and tuesday look good for the moment.

Yesterday I was kind of blindfolded most of the race, but wasn't that hard for me, just put in everybody for some early mass. Gip really mean to keep Kalman away from the group. Dropping him back was to complicated for me on phone. Just saw a late attack with very unfit Prachar able to follow. Sprint settings were from 50m without watching a single sprint meter. So was there a chance for Babai by going at 100? At least the chat thought he could win. But nevermind he will win a sprint in the second week
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:38 pm

CC grumpy, Donkey slightly annoyed, Garcia furious!

Start: Donks goes in, at like 55" if my clock is correct. Tried to go out again at 03" or so, but was too late. In tempo, group 1"-3" ahead. Ok, let's go in at the second this time, missed that, so second part of the attack went, 10 riders ahead, 5 teams, 3 in the back. Ok for me, planned to go out again soon, but CC joined immediately. Argh... for the fitness of my team really would have preferred to just let the group go, but CC then wanted to ride, so ok, I ride with him. So Donks slighly annoyed, not too much, but I'm stubborn, when I decide to let a group and then change plan... unhappy. But should have read my post above. Sometimes announcements make sense, sometimes not, here would have made sense, then CC knows that I'm not overly eagar and can just go with Holgersson for points. But thought if I don't announce, maybe the group won't be that big and more importantly, if I announce, somebody might try to sneak in some bad boy with bad plans...

CC grumpy, Wingelaar won again, the guy is good, climber that wins medium mountain stages. But he's far from the favorite, so yes, while he did nothing twice, went into the attack twice, with 53 sprint he has less than others, no decent helper either. No problem, if we don't like him attacking we can either following him or try to get his groups immediately, I didn't mind him ahead, so ok, now he won, bad boy, CC unhappy! As we like him.

Garcia on the other hand is furious, but well, that's what happens if you don't train. Then you need the team to protect your white jersey instead of you being able to do that yourself. Today we went for stage, so he helped Marquez. 3 helped, Ceroni and Isidoor free. Garcia can look out for himself at the end. He couldn't..dropped behind the first classics, so ended in the Prachar group, where he then was dropped. Earlier than I had thought, thought they would fight longer hoping to come back, which wasn't completely hopeless I think, but unlikely. But "gave up" by attacking early, so over for white Garcia and the chase. He's unhappy as I mentioned, but well, he's not here for white, was nice to have it, he's here in support of Marquez. Train, train, then we can talk about it.

Sprint.. .2 trains, mine stronger, but CC Costello went at 150, there it seemed clear that Wingelaar would overtake him, so it happened, while Lekubarri a bit surprisingly for me got him too, thought he was gone at 150 and it would be third. No win, bah, after riding the whole day with CC would have been nice if I won. Or maybe him... but no, somebody else. Credit POmmes, somehow a new winner would have been nicer, now 3 wins for that cannon fodder sprint team!!! He was supposed to bring Lorenzini to wins and be a non-factor in other stages, now he has 3 wins? Grrr.. ok, now I definitely want a third win (wanted that anyway) and think about a fourth one. Marquez ,be ready! Tactic for CC would have been to be on my wheel probably. But then of course I can wait and wait, go with Marquez at 200... Then probably at 100 Lekubarri, weakened, but enough for Costello to pass? We'll never know.

Ah well, one more middle mountain stage, no clue if I will want to go for that one or not....

As for AAD, he should not regret participating, he should regret leaving Chau at home. Chau would have created all sorts of annoying problems for the Donkey here.. well, Kotagiri at least. Top Senwhatever much less, there I just cover and don't let the others go first... But would have had to ride Kotagiri completely differently, looked like an annoying mountain to control until the last steeper km. Still think would have won, but gaining time wouldn't be as easy as it is now...

Babai at 100 yesterday? No, we thought he'd win from 50. From 100 no chance.

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:03 pm

Abreha again

Lorenzini third

Good attempt by Gipfel and CC, helped by me, first forcing AAD to wait for Vanuystel and Stanley (well, without them I simply don't ride, so logic to wait, earlier better, we were closer) then by siebing with Lekubarri on the 5... earlier waiting and no sieb but some blueing and we probably get them earlier. Never could work as long as there was unity in the back. But went on longer than I thought. Well, thanks to Gotxon in part... grr

Tomorrow the first of 4 possible GC days. Full concentration necessary. No more strange Indian food, from now on we stick with Italian!