cataracs

Tirreno-Adriatico 22h, tier1 edition.

Post by cataracs » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:45 pm

A bit late, but better late than never!

Anyway, let's do it the fl way.

Favourite check:

General classement:

***** Pablo Abian (Lenny SnakeCycling)
**** Zahir Allouache (PandaCycling), Hector Mantequilla (Claw - CVIII)
*** Georgel Franzela (Team Viromet), Luka Perisic (VC Team Multi), Francesco Pantani (Pokemonogatari)
**Kenny Daglish (r TAKA), Nesta Marley (olafscelts), Wil Ruprecht (Bearclaw Cycling)
* A surprise rider

Points classement:

*** Gjord Ryttersgaard (Rhodan Underdogs)
** Mark OConnor (Team Scotland)
* Usamah Bitat (PandaCycling)

Mountain classement:

*** The one who wants it
** Another one
* A surprise rider

Youth classement:

*** Nesta Marley (olafscelts)
** Flowyn Waters (Bright)
* A surprise rider

Team classement:

*** VC Team Multi
** Lenny SnakeCycling, Pokemonogatari
* A surprise team

cataracs

Re: Tirreno-Adriatico 22h, tier1 edition.

Post by cataracs » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:58 pm

Panda and VC Team Multi were offline in the first stage, and lost a few seconds on the other GC favorites. Tony Aumüller(FSG Sattelpuper) managed to win in style and is looking strong enough to keep his jersey for a few more days.

General Classement:

01. Tony Aumüller (FSG Sattelpuper) 0'00''
02. Adalbert Alexander (Rsc Spree) 0'04''
03. Georgel Franzela (Team Viromet)0'06''
04. Luke Cederman(olafscelts) 0'09''
05. Gize MellYouth (Bright) 0'17''
06. Sackhcham Chaudhari 0'21''
07. Jay Thays (Bright) 0'24''
08. Santiago Soler (Romoc Riders) 0'27''
09. Vitor Honigold (Team Viromet) 0'46''
10. Lilian Dumont (Rsc Spree) 0'51''

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:31 pm

Stage 2, BIG WIN for Kenny Daglish in the first 20-teams race that has happened in a while.
Big early group of 14 riders escaped, but the current leader's team FSG Sattelpuper and the tour favorite's team Lenny SnakeCycling controlled and didn't let the gap grow to more than two minutes and a half. In the first and only GPM of the day, Andrej Alasko (Romoc Riders) tried pushing the guys out of tempo to sneakily get the points however, he only managed to get 1, as Jay Thays (Bright) and Marc Hesslein (r TAKA) sprinted for them. Marc will wear the mountain jersey in day 3.
Bahrain-Merida joined the chase in the second part of the race and after the final difficulty, Hautamäki and Karlsson pulled their leader to the line and managed to catch the early escape and a second small group of riders that tried an attack. In the final sprint, Graham, who failed as a leader in Monte Paschi did a great job as a helper, keeping Daglish well placed in the second place until the last 200m, then Kenny beat Hudsin in the last final 50m in a the best sprint he has done in his career.

Stage2 results:
01. 00:00:00 Kenny Daglish (r TAKA)
02. 00:00:00 Pierre Hudsin (Motor Trachenberge)
03. 00:00:00 Wil Ruprecht (Bearclaw Cycling)
04. 00:00:00 Mads Christophersen (Lenny SnakeCycling)
05. 00:00:00 Usamah Bitat (PandaCycling)
06. 00:00:00 Abbee Goldstein (Claw - CVIII)
07. 00:00:00 Flowyn Waters (Bright)
08. 00:00:00 Tony Aumüller (FSG Sattelpuper)
09. 00:00:00 Francesco Pantani (Pokemonogatari)
10. 00:00:00 Tomos Williams (olafscelts)

GC After stage2:
01. 00:00:00 Tony Aumüller (FSG Sattelpuper)
02. 00:00:06 Georgel Franzela (Team Viromet)
03. 00:00:27 Santiago Soler (Romoc Riders)
04. 00:00:33 Sackhcham Chaudhari (Whisbone)
05. 00:00:46 Vitor Honigold (Team Viromet)
06. 00:00:49 Luke Cederman (olafscelts)
07. 00:00:57 Gize Mell (Bright)
08. 00:01:05 Lilian Dumont (Rsc Spree)
09. 00:01:06 Pablo Abian (Lenny SnakeCycling)
10. 00:01:11 Rene Tissier (Motor Trachenberge)

GC ranking of the favos after stage2:

02. 00:00:06 Georgel Franzela (Team Viromet)
09. 00:01:06 Pablo Abian (Lenny SnakeCycling)
11. 00:01:14 Francesco Pantani( Pokemonogatari)
12. 00:01:18 Nesta Marley (olafscelts)
17. 00:01:30 Kenny Daglish (r TAKA)
18. 00:01:30 Hector MantequillaNCMexico (Claw - CVIII)
33. 00:01:58 Marcelo Orenza (Whisbone)
34. 00:01:59 Wil Ruprecht (Bearclaw Cycling)
45. 00:02:05 Zahir Allouache (PandaCycling)
74. 00:02:29 Luka Perisic (VC Team Multi)

Bear

Post by Bear » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:18 am

Tirreno-Adriatico 6a tappa: Osimo Stazione-Osimo

What a busy stage, eh? For a long time, I did not enjoyed a race so much then yesterday. For sure, it was also because I could win. But also because it was never boring. Almost all time groups chasing each other. A big group with 17 out of 20 teams online I think. Groups trying, helper sending/saving, GC fights, stage fight. For me it had everything, also some unhappy feelings of tempo by some teams.

My POV: My plan was to send Roni and another flat rider into the group. Roni was not fully fit but at 940 or something like that. Luckily Poke escaped with 4 riders so that I could help Roni. With a big group and lots of downhill Roni was close to 900 for a long time. Group was chased from several teams in peloton. I was a little nervous because Lenny did not used so many of his riders in first 100km. Attack with Wil/Linus at km119 was the plan actually but moment was not right. So it was like 3 or 4 times Roni attacked to get in the front group again. It was km131 when nobody was in tempo. Roni and Edward attacked and also Poke attacked with two riders. So it was about getting them over the next steep climb. Lenny chased and gap was about 45-60sec. At the next steep climb on km154 there was just a 58-8X of Lenny in tempo, imo a big mistake to not ride it faster here. Attack with Wil (green) and Linus (blue). Poke had the same idea and attacked with Tim and Pantani, the climbers of olaf and Panda following him. A group of classics followed Tim, Rhodan, Romoc, Bahrain, Panda, Whisbone and Motor.
First Linus chased the group in front because he was some seconds behind Tim after attack. Then Poke waited and we go together. Poke obviously for GC option, me going for the only chance to get a stage win. Panda did not help. After all this was good for Poke and me, but in this situation I couldnt understand. For me the 86 climber surely the one with best chances for stage, no matter what the form is.
In peloton Lenny chased hard, realizing that this is about GC. A little bit of help from Claw and Taka, which was totally ok with me. It was about GC podium and maybe about GC win. I just did not like the way Taka explained why he rides. Say nothing or say that you fight for GC yourself. But dont tell you are riding because another team rides.
After the attack gap classics to peloton was around 1:30. Then it came down to a minute but stayed there until the final very steep climb. The sieb from Pantani at km182 was actually brilliant because then Panda started to ride with his classic which was still kind of fit and so the gap was still around a minute until km189. Km189: Again13**. Panda attacked and Pantani/Wil blocking. Here Panda lost the stage imo. If he siebs, Poke rides for GC and classics get siebed most likely. Then waiting until 7%, attack... win. Attack at 189 was just 4sec, next km reeled in again. Until 7% it was -2, -6, -1. -2 I did not see what happened really. Poke in tempo but dont know if any classic did something. -2 probably the climbers are able to follow but also dont lose much when not trying and just riding. So I expect Poke just riding here to not lose any important energy. -6 noone escaping was sure, Poke with good downhill doesnt even lose much on peloton here. -1 the option for classics to attack. I actually was thiking about riding that km to block a little bit. But decided to save energy. Romoc tried to attack but suddenly Motor with the block with his classic. I dont know why but helped me actually. The last two km, 7% + 4%. Attack with Wil, he is in front but only a few seconds. Attack again at 4%, win by Wil. Bahrains classic was strong but most likely had to fight a lot at 13%. So I was confident in the end, that Wil has a good chance. Really happy he could do this with 35years and close to retirement.

GC fight. In peloton Lenny attacked at km 189 (13**). Imo better to just ride here. He doesnt lose much energy against Claw at such a steep climb and he also had this gap for GC. Stage win was gone anyway so he did not had to fear time bonus for Mantequilla. Attack costs a lot of energy. Since Pablo also had no helper while chasing the front group, the climbers in front might be even fitter at this point because we just attacked green.
Last kilometers I did not watch what happened behind. But actually I dont think the tempo of Motor at km192 was decisive. It was not worth 14sec. Maybe I could do less before km189 but it was clearly for the stage win and until km190 it was not clear we can make it in front.

Long text, could be afternoon Tirreno here... any other thoughts on this stage?

cataracs

Post by cataracs » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:30 am

Bear wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:18 am
I just did not like the way Taka explained why he rides. Say nothing or say that you fight for GC yourself. But dont tell you are riding because another team rides.
I still think I was right to be honest, I was just letting you know in chat.
With more than a minute the stage looked safe for the front with just a 13 and a 7-4 remaining, so I thought it would be for Lenny and Poke to ride against each other for the GC, I only joined because I saw you in tempo and then suggested we stop.

But good tour, Pantani attacked during every hilly race, most of the attacks failed kinda :lol: but the last one worked, so a deserved win aswell.