Discuss about the RSF Races

Moderator: englishmods

flockmastoR

Re: Vuelta 2022 15h

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:54 pm

Quick wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:00 am
Good fight yesterday.

Original plan wasn't really to defend polka pointy. But everyone hanging and AAD off, so here we go! Then he comes on after 2 minutes... not enough advantage to really get the points but enough to defend it for a couple more days.

After the first mountain then opposite situaten. AAD in front, we tempo behind. With the rest day coming up, why not? Save pointy over the TT and probably flat stage as well. Lots of money for tempo which doesn't hurt...

Unai my favorite for the jersey now though even if he doesn't want it. This week we don't get many mountain points iirc.

Then late attack by Hugo. Irvine and Cesare on the wheel. Nobody else. Not enough time for the steep finish with the mobster team completely fit. Good result again. Cesare gaining time on Gael. Wants to show him with 23 who's the tour captain in the team. Like that attitude. Gael will strike back in September maybe or probably not, we'll see.

Great week financially. Started of bad but really good last 3 days. I wonder if I make good money already here, how much do Mob, CC and even Donk earn?

This week looks better for my team. Hoping to get a second stage. Not sure how though.
Yeah good fight but was not planned like that at all. Simply hang my riders on your jersey owner and get enough points to get the jersey was the idea. Usually I really dislike such hard tempo actions for the mountain jersey. Group was not at all a danger for the GC situation, if a classic with 5mins is sitting in the group, I wouldn't have moved and just let it go. But like that not really the need for Mobster or Klebt to ride. Both already have their wins. Asier not able to follow Unai the day before. And Mobster also offline. After all I don't see any chance of very interesting groups and GC tries from the 2nd row. Romoc clearly the team that would be able to perform such an attack. Best climber besides the 2 GC favo teams, really strong classics. Probably still waiting for the right moment after all. He is always there in the escapes so far. Hill and also the Luna classics already very far behind to really be a danger at the moment. Lots of boring mountain top finishes to follow.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:10 pm

Absolutely no Merlier wins allowed.

Money? Not going to calculate, who cares. Kwick doesn't realize that I'm a new Donkey, not the old one that always barely managed to get enough money to buy a rider 1 month later than planned and clearly weaker than hoped. The Donkey nowadays is rich. Money money money. No need to check if I make + or -. Have my climbers for 23, have 1 classic for 23, still have over 2 millions in the bank. Ok, slight crisis, for most of the last 2 years I had between 4-6 millions there....
Kraftsystemrevision! Include the distance!
Basics reform: Give blue a chance!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Quick

Post by Quick » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:44 am

Finally a flat stage again.

Quite a funny one as well. Not one with a stupid 8 like 10km before the sprint at least.

Wasn't sure in the beginning who to ride for. Irvine with good form was ready to prove a point. But 33 degrees and the Hinton team attacking made a sprint very attractive. Even more so when the Merlier and Ical teams started tempo. Bit too early for my liking. AAD saw it as well and soon gave up his efforts. I wanted a fast race to weaken Ical a bit...so would have wanted to start at 13 or 15 minutes. Group probably still no chance even then.

Anyway, liked Lulas farmer try. Primarily liked it because there was never a chance. Maybe if AAD was online and decides to help for Tesla. But AaD and Lulas relationship not the best, so really...no danger. Lula and his no-reg helpers all killed long before rest day.

Also liked it because it meant 50 or so hard tempo. Perfect against Ical. Still good against Merlier. Hinton looked strong at the sieb though, so had to keep this in mind.

Then good work with CC and T-Mob. Easy comeback.

Train in good form yesterday. Irvine great, Cesare superb, Frei and Borgia not really but probably power advantage and similar form to Ical and Merlier if I had to guess.

No other train allowed me to keep superb Cesare for 200m. Then a bit risky not doing anything at 150 but only real danger was Hinton going there - and thought that's very unlikely with Ical on his wheel.

So Frei at 100. His chance at a Vuelta stage. But beaten by mere centimeters from Borgia. Boss Borgia.

Today probably the worst stage in the entire tour. No money on the way. A seemingly endless mountain at the end. Unai for stage and polka dot?! Or Jaswant for stage and polka dot. We'll see. Savinci is focused on training now. Botero and Irvine his big idols. 71-92 should be easy enough.
J-Czucz hype train

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:41 pm

Wääääää, red is gone!

Nothing to do most of the stage, final climb, what to do? Gamble!! To keep red a day (well 2 most likely) more maybe not that difficult, just put in tempo with Payot at some point, last 2 km with Asier himself, hope to follow, if not I lose minimally. But thought I do nothing tempo wise as long as possible, sieb then wait for everybody to come back one after the other... hoping to make Mobster nervous. That worked, he attacked, I hoped to make him become nervous and do tempo or so. :D So attack, far away, tempo, got a bit back, but not much, now 15" to catch up instead of 1"-3" advantage if I play it safe with the Payot-Basterretxea tempo option. Now I might be the guy who needs the bonifications.... So no guarantee groups go through on Saturday-Sunday, a better chance than today hard to come by anyway, if AAD didn't want it, ok. Not sure how much Mobster would have invested into a chase, 10' for a group, if Mobster then starts riding maybe Kwick even joins later on, who knows. But ok, Romoc was clearly missing from that group. Lula off, CC saving energy for a possible sprint tomorrow. Kwick the same and his classics far too close to red to be let go.

Anyway, 3 days not home now, Saturday might have to start the race on the mobile even, or offline, not completely sure yet, other days laptop. So if I don't win the Vuelta, the excuse is ready. It's the the strange computer! Ha!
Don't punish bugusers. We all have to use bugs, since most of them are declared as "features"!

Quick

Post by Quick » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:51 pm

Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:41 pm
Not sure how much Mobster would have invested into a chase, 10' for a group, if Mobster then starts riding maybe Kwick even joins later on, who knows.
If AaD starts riding ;)

But of course. Gio starts thinking about doing something if the group looks like something could be possible. No idea why Jaswant attacks just to give up before anyone even started chasing. Cooperation with such a superior rider was always difficult in that situation. At the very least AaD has to start. There was a chance that nobody would chase behind after all.

I think Mobster wanted that stage anyway. Starting to chase at 8 minutes against 1 puller and 2 60 mountain guys with a 20km mountain at the end is super cautious. We could have had 4 more pullers and still absolutely no chance.

Looks very good for Unai now but you will use your double lead eventually, so everything still open.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:38 am

Quick wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:51 pm
Robyklebt wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:41 pm
Not sure how much Mobster would have invested into a chase, 10' for a group, if Mobster then starts riding maybe Kwick even joins later on, who knows.
If AaD starts riding ;)

But of course. Gio starts thinking about doing something if the group looks like something could be possible. No idea why Jaswant attacks just to give up before anyone even started chasing. Cooperation with such a superior rider was always difficult in that situation. At the very least AaD has to start. There was a chance that nobody would chase behind after all.

I think Mobster wanted that stage anyway. Starting to chase at 8 minutes against 1 puller and 2 60 mountain guys with a 20km mountain at the end is super cautious. We could have had 4 more pullers and still absolutely no chance.

Looks very good for Unai now but you will use your double lead eventually, so everything still open.
There is no need to start, if there is no clear path of a cooperation. No point in starting and showing good will, if in the end you don't join. (basic concept, not 100% sure what happened in the race). And I really had no big hopes on a stage like that.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:00 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:38 am

There is no need to start, if there is no clear path of a cooperation. No point in starting and showing good will, if in the end you don't join. (basic concept, not 100% sure what happened in the race). And I really had no big hopes on a stage like that.
Your sitter asked and I replied. "Not yet or not at all", so there's a clear answer that cooperation is possible.

If nobody chases - I don't need to help. You can ride to 15 minutes. Relax, win at the end with Jaswant, easy peasy. If we get chased, Gio joins..that's why "not yet or not at all". Quite simple. Just need to start riding. My basic concept is, if you attack with someone who's heads and shoulder above the rest, show goodwill first and negotiate later. Not the other way around. Or at least try to find out what my intentions are before immediately giving up.

At least I know, that you read me like an open book. :roll:

Then jaswant drops and I make tempo to see if Unai is interested. Donk made it clear he isn't.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:02 pm

Quick wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:00 pm
flockmastoR wrote:

Your sitter asked and I replied. "Not yet or not at all", so there's a clear answer that cooperation is possible.

If nobody chases - I don't need to help. You can ride to 15 minutes. Relax, win at the end with Jaswant, easy peasy. If we get chased, Gio joins..that's why "not yet or not at all". Quite simple. Just need to start riding. My basic concept is, if you attack with someone who's heads and shoulder above the rest, show goodwill first and negotiate later. Not the other way around. Or at least try to find out what my intentions are before immediately giving up.

Then jaswant drops and I make tempo to see if Unai is interested. Donk made it clear he isn't.
Your statement just tells, that you are not interessted in cooperation at all. I see 2 NOT in this short reply :lol:
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:29 pm

flockmastoR wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:02 pm
Quick wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:00 pm
flockmastoR wrote:

Your statement just tells, that you are not interessted in cooperation at all. I see 2 NOT in this short reply :lol:
2 negatives make 1 positive. Equipe Mathematique would have known that.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:34 pm

You had a logical OR operator, False OR False = False
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:19 pm

Asier is coming! 1" back. Depressing to see him follow twice today, and not follow on Thursday. (or whenever it was) Argh.

Tomorrow back home, hopefully on time for the start...

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:24 pm

A&D fully happy now. 2 wins in a row and recaptured the mountain jersey for the moment. Possible and likely, that it is gone again after the stage tomorrow.

Yesterday stage 13 with a very interesting stage finish. Many +4, +3 and +5 in the end, final km a +3. With Hinton and Tesla 2 really good options and with Heuser and Uexküll 2 really good guys for a train there. Many possibilities on how this stage might have ended. One of the strong classics (Gael Habermacher, Mikael Toscano, Milan Rezek, Bob Smith, Helmut Heuser, Siim Liivik) with late attacks/following, or Markus Rothen again? Can or will somebody block the whole last hill for a MS? Can r QUICK build a group with Irvine and probably Frei/Camoranesi? What is CircleCycle planning to do for Ical? Everybody excited and nobody moving for 80% of the race. Quick than attacking with his 2 good (not unbelievable Irvine, but still good) flat riders some kms before the IS. CircleCycle and I think also Mobster controlling and now pushing harder. CC with Smith riding the +4 at the IS catching bach the 2 Quicks and getting the 20 points by a Ical sprint. Probably also not really expecting Ical appearance in the sprint for the win. Good that Ical was weakened but also bad that Smith already rode. He would be one of the classics we need for blocking the end. Some kms later, the expected Irvine attack, just flat riders (2x Atletico Lula, 1x Romoc Riders, max mnt value 59). Kind of surprising no classic is hanging there. Would have totally make sense for Romoc to hang there with his flat rider and Botero/Lula dito. So for the moment, I was happy, Mobster and CC chasing in the flat. They never got many seconds and classics on the first +4 catched them back. Right at that moment, the Habermacher attack was successfull, with him Rezek, Rothen and to my surprise also Liviik and Smith. Good that Irvine was back in the group. He than rode the flat -1 before Heuser caught the group back on the last km. A&D train here not beatable after all. Nice win.

Todays stage 14 more boring. Was pretty clear that QUICK was to be expected to get Savinci and one of his helpers are on Jaswant. Not really sure if he wants to ride with me or just wants to have a helper. Mobster announced yesterday, that a group would be welcome to win, so I think QUICK would have used his 2nd guy as a loader, to compensate the mnt difference. Didn't really want him to have it that easy, so I tried to get one more helper in the group than him. First by attacking on the +6 but as Quick and also CC attacked after the next km, I also attacked with one more (Hinton). So pretty happy, in the back first nobody riding, tried to get a nice gap and than stop. Now even 2 helpers vs 1 helper for a long time. Good so I could compensate some kms were Szabo would be siebed and quick and CC have helpers. Good there was no hard pressure from behind. Hinton could ride until Jaswant did the deciding sieb at the first +7 and just went for the win. In the end, even the Hinton group finished before the climbers (mainly because CC rode the whole climb). Expected the race like this, but with Botero hanging on Jaswant. First, I even hoped for it, getting a rider between me and Savinci and having a rider to ride together the final climb as I really thought that the Donkey is going for stage.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Quick

Post by Quick » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:34 pm

72 vs 62. You don't need a helper. And you didn't need him on Thursday too.

Same tactic as Thursday for the quicks. No chance as expected against Jaswant. Mountain jersey not the problem. I've given up on that the moment Jaswant made it clear he wants it.

Giving away jersey AND stage is too much for friendly cooperation but with this profile one goes with the other. Jaswant just too strong here and I have no better one to escape.

AaD has to work, he did, so deserved. GW.

But enough, I'll save my energy now on being mad at CC. And tomorrow he can tell me why :)
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:09 am

Quick wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:34 pm
72 vs 62. You don't need a helper. And you didn't need him on Thursday too.

Same tactic as Thursday for the quicks. No chance as expected against Jaswant. Mountain jersey not the problem. I've given up on that the moment Jaswant made it clear he wants it.

Giving away jersey AND stage is too much for friendly cooperation but with this profile one goes with the other. Jaswant just too strong here and I have no better one to escape.

AaD has to work, he did, so deserved. GW.

But enough, I'll save my energy now on being mad at CC. And tomorrow he can tell me why :)
Don't say that I need him, just that I wanted him. And as Donkey claimed, also risky. If someone disagrees that I go there with 3 (well just purist Donkey would) it would have been a fault. Originally it was planned to have 2 guys yesterday and 3 guys today, as I expect more action behind today. But short race as well today, not really sure if Jaswant attacks today or hopes to be able to win points at the Purche out of the peloton.

It will be easier to cooperate next week. Jaswant together with your guys stages 18-20.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:18 am

Rest day

So here we are on the last rest day. As I now started winning and carrying jerseys, I will give a short statistic recap.

Red jersey: GC Standing after 15/21 stages
00'00'' Image Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A)
00'02'' Image Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey)
01'09'' Image Guillaume Payot (Big Donkey)
02'12'' Image Isaac Gutierez (Romoc Riders)
07'50'' ImageHenry Hill (CircleCycle)

Very close on top, Unai has to defend his last 2 seconds against a Big Donkey double lead. Not impossible he can gain back some seconds on Asier here or there, but also still has to take care of Payot. Big Donkey cannot be fully sure that Asier can follow Unai, we saw failed and successfull attemps, which makes it a bit harder for Asier as well to benefit from the double lead situation. Gutierez in the sleeping position. No attempt so far, he could profit from the more open fight between Big Donkey and T-Mobile-A now, he has great classics and Gutierez is still "just" 2 min back. He needs a big gain for sure, but I would not see it impossible that he can do it. There are some nice stage combinations coming next week. Hill already with a too big gap and too lesst mountain skill to turn this around, even about white I see no big chance (additionally CC won't be here much last week he said).

Stage winners by riders
3 Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A)
3 Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey)
2 Cadmael Ical (CircleCycle)
2 Paolo Borgia (r QUICK)
1 Markus Rothen (Atletico Lula)
1 Romain Page (CircleCycle)
1 Nikola Tesla (Alive And Dead)
1 Jaswant Srivastav (Alive And Dead)

Stage winners by teams
4 CircleCycle
3 T-Mobile-A
3 Big Donkey
2 r QUICK
2 Alive And Dead
1 Atletico Lula

Points jersey: Standing after 15/21 stages
Cadmael Ical (CircleCycle), 271
Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey), 173
Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A), 152

2 flat stages, 2 hilly stages and 2 mountain stages left. First flat stage with a +8 close to the end. Possible that Ical comes back but not sure. Last flat stage is a clear sprint, when ridden for it. One pretty easy controlable Hilly finish, but before the 3 harder stages might also be given to escapers. 3 hard stages where anything could happen. Usually I would give Ical a 99% of winning green. He has 3x clear IS chances, 2x possible IS chances, 1x clear MS, 1x possible hill sprint. Asier would have to score big at tomorrows flat stage and win all remaining top finishes to have a slight chance.

Mountain jersey: Standing after 15/21 stages
Jaswant Srivastav (Alive And Dead), 95
Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A), 86
Mattia Savinci (r QUICK), 78

Stage 17, Cat 2 mountain finish (could end up in an escape getting it, or Unai big chances to win it back)
Stage 18, Cat 2, Cat 1 on the way with a mountain top cat 1 finish
Stage 19, Cat 2, Cat 2 on the way, downhill finish
Stage 20, Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 2, Cat 1 on the way, Cat 1 with flat finish

Many points left. If Jaswant can score big on one of the stages 18-20 he has chances to win it. His reg really helps him a lot. Even with failed trys he can try again the following day. Also easier now to offer cooperations in groups. Unai fully in the GC fight, but even as he is not giving the mountain jersey any priority, he will still end up winning many points on those last stages.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:30 pm

Favorite now the Donkey.

Reason? Mobster is nervous, he stopped talking in the chat too most of the time, he's scared to death to win. He has built his image of himself, the guy that tries, but isn't successful, see Celestino, Krog, Sköglund, he now has this self-image of the guy who just makes that one mistake too many. If he wins the Vuelta, he would have to find himself a new story, a new self image, so that makes him nervous. He's sure to crack soon.

If not, maybe the Donkey is the favorite because of his superior talent!

Weekend, 13" gained, fantastic. 1" on Saturday, no good Donks really, but no good Mobster either, he really could have followed that one more time without going under reg I think. But safe riding, not wrong either.
Sunday the Payot plan, well first the Asier plan, great Donkey is always developing complicated theories, like Unai knows that Asier is the most dangerous, and he knows Donkey knows it, and Unai can always follow Asier, so Payot needs to attack, but Unai knows that, so since Payot will attack and create trouble for Unai, Unai hangs on Payot. So the Donkey tried the Asier attack, but maybe Mobster, who really is an evil genius was one step ahead of me, Asier dangerous, so Payot goes, so hang on Payot then Asier goes, so hang there after all. Anyway, after the failed Asier attack, Payot went, good ride, 2 attacks by Unai, Asier follows, and now I really regret not putting in safety tempo that one day. Then in the end Asier with the attack and 6". or 8"? 8", was at 14 now at 2". Attack by Unai after Payot was caught, a mistake but the right thing too. That's c4f, that's what makes it so good, there is no right thing and no mistakes often. It's 2 ways, and which one turns out better depends on other people's actions. Here attack to get rid of Payot, never wrong to get rid of Payot the way I see it. Asier following loses less, but less less than if they had the same amount of energy, it's percentages. The risk was that if I went the same km, which I should have done and was thinking about, but decided not too. Been putting attacks in and out quite a bit anyway lately.

So, Agirrezabala red, 2", can be happy with the weekend despite losing 13". He's still ahead, he still has more mountain, drop Basterretxea once, all good. And Payot at over a minute is getting a bit far away maybe.
Basterretxea second, Payot third with Gutierrez off his ass, the Donkey can be happy too. And confused, he will never understand when Asier can follow and when not. Start to believe Luques implemented some of the very dumb form proposals we had in the past... :lol: But Payot free from Gutierrez is very important, even if Guillaume is a bit far. And Asier just needs to follow Unai (just!) and beat him in a sprint for any bonus seconds to be ahead. Even 2-3rd behind Payot! Gutierrez! Some minor guy in a supporting role, who remembers the names... 2" and same time, Asier, sprint master, master tactician, fearless gambler and amazing follower has more points.

So open, but in the end the decisive factor will be T-Mobile-A's fear of having to find a new identity! A new story. If he overcomes that fear he wins, if he doesn't, it's Donkers goes bonkers time.

Situation now is Mobster wants groups, Donkey Donks wants bonifications, so we risk seeing quite a few riding Donkeys in Spain in the next days. Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday I guess. With Asier or the white Donkey, the Barockesel Payot finishing it off. Or not.

Weezel

Post by Weezel » Tue Sep 06, 2022 11:22 am

I would prefer a Vuelta-Winner-Image to an Always-try-and-don't-win-Image by far to be honest.
But the main point for me and T-Mobile-A during this Vuelta is, that a climber is really much fun. Of course we wanna win the Vuelta, but if we get second, it was a great tour and a fight against one of the clever managers here in this game. So we try everything till Saturday and then we will see. But now for sure we will buy a new climber untill the end of the year 2022 to compete also next year in one or hopefully two/three Grand Tours.
Robyklebt wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:30 pm
Sunday the Payot plan, well first the Asier plan, great Donkey is always developing complicated theories, like Unai knows that Asier is the most dangerous, and he knows Donkey knows it, and Unai can always follow Asier, so Payot needs to attack, but Unai knows that, so since Payot will attack and create trouble for Unai, Unai hangs on Payot. So the Donkey tried the Asier attack, but maybe Mobster, who really is an evil genius was one step ahead of me, Asier dangerous, so Payot goes, so hang on Payot then Asier goes, so hang there after all.
This was really a point! I considered to hang on Payor but then the Asier-Attack was too much danger. Let's see in future!
Manager von T-Mobile-A

Quick

Post by Quick » Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:32 pm

Romoc has done it! Glad he gets his win. Jaswant looking very very good for red either.

Finally some groups coming through.

Unai now a comfortable lead of 17" against Asier. Even with bonifications, Asier has to get rid of Unai now. Payot with a minute also pretty far behind. The Donk has to take risks now. He's the clear outsider now. All the pressure is on Mobster. Hope he's here the next 2 stages and can win on his own. Mano a mano against Donk. High noon. Rumble in the Jungle. Whatever. I think these 2 can deliver an exciting finish.

Sunday we then ride for a MS.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:23 pm

Quick wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:32 pm
Romoc has done it! Glad he gets his win. Jaswant looking very very good for red either.

Finally some groups coming through.

Unai now a comfortable lead of 17" against Asier. Even with bonifications, Asier has to get rid of Unai now. Payot with a minute also pretty far behind. The Donk has to take risks now. He's the clear outsider now. All the pressure is on Mobster. Hope he's here the next 2 stages and can win on his own. Mano a mano against Donk. High noon. Rumble in the Jungle. Whatever. I think these 2 can deliver an exciting finish.

Sunday we then ride for a MS.
Yeah very nice that also Romoc got his stage win. Now he can concentrate on winning red from far with his climber, gogogo
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:56 am

Some updates

Flat stage after the rest day was not that exciting. Early escapes by 2 Quicks, 2 Romocs and 1 A&D rider, Szabo was the one with the worst sprint value and without a puller/helper, so it was clear he won't win in a group sprint. Group got huge gap and pullers could go out for a long time. No interest of any team in the back to catch them. CC was off, Lula also off I think. GK teams took another rest day. The stage was complicated, a +8 9 km vefore the finish, rest more or less totally flat. I think classics together (A&D + Lula) wouldn't be able to keep the distance to Hugo, in the end even Irvine was able to get back pretty soon (against Jaswant). So it was a sprint with Ical, Frei, Tesla and Tesla won it. But of course this was not about the stage win. In the group Szabo was looking for the right moment to attack. Romocs puller attacked some kms before the +8, just a km before Szabo planned to do it. So Quicks puller in and getting back time. VanDerVouwe than with tempo at the +8 (cover the mountain stronger diStefano). Quicks puller some 20 s behind. Szabo with a now or never red attack (all hanging), next try next km (nobody hanging). He got some gap but diStefano and VanDerVouwe worked together from the first km getting Szabo 2km to the goal. VanDerVouwe strongest but got blocked when Szabo went early. Win for diStefano.

Hilly stage and team Big Donkey showed early it is going for the stage and wants to avoid big groups. After all an easy to controll stage, nevertheless a group with flat strong riders of Romoc, Quick and A&D went in the escape and could really gain some minutes. The group worked together very well but was controlled well by Donkey. Than ~25km to the end escapes by CC (Hill and Hugo) and after that Quick (Irvine and Habermacher) nearly stole the win from the climbers. On the final climb, Unai was too strong and distanced Asier, Hill second (2s) in a group with Asier and Habermacher. Important seconds for Unai on his way to win red. Sleepy Jaswant missed the chance to be on Irvine or Hugo. He would probably have had the chance for at least some points for the mountain jersey and defend the classement. Like this he lost it to Unai.

Mountain top finish, not very steep. Donkey changed tactic again and hung on Jaswant with Carpinteiro. First some reaction from Mobster, but he let the group go. 2 good classics (Botero and Nieto) were following Jaswant, also Savinci and pullers from A&D, Lula and Romoc. They got a big gap, Quick escaped with 2 more and after some more kms, they could reach the front. Group was working good, having 18mins, Jaswant close to virtual red for some time. Than in the back Mobile in for controlling the GC. Jaswant taking the points on the first two mountains. He never planned to try for the stage, but ensuring that the group finishes with him beeing 3rd was the plan. Unfortunetely the group never needed to ride, so Jaswant went for a sieb at the first +7. Getting rid of Savinci to ensure his 3rd place. Romoc with some sectrick tempos, one km I put in an attack for securing Jaswant. In the end I missed the km were both attacked, so Jaswant lost 40s but easily got 3rd. Botero won the stage and completed the list for stage wins by team. In the back Unai could once again get some seconds on Asier. Donkey with an early Payot attempt, but the mountain too flat and CC with some annoying off tempo to secure Hills 5th place.

Red jersey: GC Standing after 18/21 stages
00'00'' Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A)
00'17' Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey)
01'12'' Guillaume Payot (Big Donkey)
02'33'' Isaac Gutierez (Romoc Riders)
08'29'' Henry Hill (CircleCycle)

Stage winners by riders
4 Unai Agirrezabala (T-Mobile-A)
3 Asier Basterretxea (Big Donkey)
2 Cadmael Ical (CircleCycle)
2 Paolo Borgia (r QUICK)
1 Markus Rothen (Atletico Lula)
1 Romain Page (CircleCycle)
1 Nikola Tesla (Alive And Dead)
1 Jaswant Srivastav (Alive And Dead)
1 Gio diStefano (r QUICK)
1 Ruben Botero (Romoc Riders)

Stage winners by teams
4 CircleCycle
4 T-Mobile-A
3 Big Donkey
3 r QUICK
2 Alive And Dead
1 Atletico Lula
1 Romoc Riders
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

bergwerk cycling

Post by bergwerk cycling » Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:50 pm

sorry Leute ... ich hatte mich als Sitter für CC angeboten und es leider total verpeilt ... schon mein eigenes Rennen am Ende vergeigt und hier nur 3x kurz on und Sprint blind gefahren ... sollte ich iwem iwas versaut haben, tut es mir echt leid!!!! Hatte eigentlich am keine Zeit mehr, alles nebenbei reingehauen (wollte aber CC auch nicht ganz enttäuschen) = RL hat zugeschlagen!
Dürft mich die Tage dann im Rennen dafür verkloppen P:
Euch noch 2 schöne Schlusstage (ohne mich .-)

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:56 pm

3 days ago, go for stage, or the gamble to be able to follow Unai at the end. Clearly didn't work, lost time, more since I forgot to sprint. But IMO was worth a try. Best chance to do something in the last 3 days, just follow and win the sprint, 2" ahead in GC, then defend... didn't work, since nobody really knows when Asier will follow and when not... not much to say.

Yesterday was always going to be hard for Asier, of course could do better than I did, in tempo at the right km, then maybe manages to catch Agirrezabala back, but never had really big hopes of being able to follow, was hanging anyway. Yesterday still happy with the stage, Payot winning 9" or 11", forgot already, better than nothing. But somehow thought he was closer :lol:

Today then happy too, second place in the stage with Rossi, maybe with yes alone in the last km he sprints for the win? But no need, I wasn't really there for stage, had no problem with others winning it, was there 1) Let Mobster ride. He did. Some riders weakened for sure, doubt it's enough. 2) Try with either Payot or Asier, was thinking which, then we were at the attack km, thinking, reloading, what, before reloading we were already at 44"??? Panic, and well put the attack in too late. Then of course at the next km forgot to redo the attack. So in the end went with Asier 3 km later on a 6, was never going to amount to much most likely, even if I drop Rossi, so didn't. Caught, then tried a good attack with Payot, but good reaction by Mobster, hanging there.

Anyway 17" back, so have to win 13" and win the stage tomorrow. Don't think it will be for an escape tomorrow, but who knows.

Quick

Post by Quick » Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:24 pm

With offline CC , you never know what you get. Hansa, who had a bit of an argument with Roby. Bergwerk who shows up too late. Or just offline and then doing unnecessary tempo with settings.

Didn't really change much today - but obviously not the best moment to show up, a couple km after the last hill. With the stage favo too. Also I think everybody thought CC would have no sitter, so double surprise. Not ideal but no problem.

Probably good because with CC/bw here, I think Ical goes for the stage.

So Savinci had the chance. Didn't expect him to really have a chance but he saw an opportunity and took it!

In the GC fight... oh donk, oh donk. It started so well. Rossi goes in the group and mob...well, does too much to keep his team fit but not enough to keep Rossi or the group in distance. But never looked too dangerous here with a rather flat mountain. Unai definitely able to follow Asier and Liivik a great helper today. If Unai just rides the entire mountain, really no chance to attack him even if Donk does everything perfectly.

Tomorrow the last chance. Probably the most interesting stage also from the profile. I hope for mayhem, chaos, fight and that I can be there from km1.
J-Czucz hype train

flockmastoR

Post by flockmastoR » Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:05 am

So GC is decided. T-Mobile-A defended the red jersey for the last 2 hilly an mountainous stages.

Stage 19: Mobile asked for cooperation about the stage before it even started. But A&D with some doubts about doing that. Clearly 1) Unai's unnecessary attack the stage we worked all the time for a small chance, 2) Jaswants had a good lead in the mountain jersey, but with probably beeing off on stage 20, A&D wanted to fix that one on stage 19. 3) Didn't see how A&D would have gotten the win out of the peloton easily. 4) More exciting to have an open stage, let the GC teams try something and profit from that. All in all the stages so far pretty unattractive GC wise. First week too much cooperation, after that the stages too flat until the last climb. So A&D did some tempo fist to attack with Jaswant and Ohm. Nieto from Atletic Lula, Rossi from Big Donkey, Savinci and Zamorano from r QUICK hanging, Romoc attacked after some km with VanDerVouwe and Botero and manage to get to the front. Mobster reacted and kept the group close. In front first just Ohm rode to ensure the points for Jaswant. After the first hill Zamorano and also VanDerVouwe joined the tempo in exchange to Jaswant not siebing at the second hill. He than went green up the hill an Nieto attacking 3 km from the top and grabbing the mountain points. Not really nice and also not helping him for the stage chances. But Lula also with 2 other classics attacking from the peloton. It was a bit unclear if the group woul work together. Donkey with an ill-timed Asier attack. Rossi stayed in front for the win. Much talking and finally all working green to safe themselfes from a late online CC sitter who easily catched up to the climbers/classic group. In the group Savinci attacked 3 km to the goal and saved 1s to win the stage. The runner up rest of the group winner was Rossi. Ical won the sprint in the GC group.

Stage 20: A&D manager just online with the smartphone so I must have missed a lot. Checked early if there is a group or not. Jaswant was hanging on Savinci just for 100% rescuring the jersey. Rest of my classics hung on several classics (Hill, Huizinga) first because didn't know if I can check for anything. First mountain some riders in front, so no need to do anything for mountain jersey. Mobile off first as far as I got it and Donkey not willing to profit from it. Some siebs on the first mountain, but A&D riders in good groups and all coming back. Some more attacks here and than. Don't really know what happend in the middle of the race. Next time I checked, Savinci attacked and Jaswant still there, together in a group with Botero and Camoranesi the group worked together well. Than the Payot attack and one of the Donkey classics (Rossi?) was dropping to him from the first group. The Botero/Jaswant/Camoranesi group also waited for the Donkey group. But Mobile coul keep them very close until the last flatish mountan. Here Mobile still with one of the classics, some more Lula attacks on the mountain got good time and caught up to Payot (?). Finally some siebs by Gutierez and Unai to drop the remaining classics except for Habermacher and the Lulas that escaped earlier. Payot caught as well so the battle for the stage win opened. Habermacher attacked on top with Toscano and Rothen in the wheel. In the back Heuser and Rezek worked together to catch that group that was a bit unbalanced regarding sprint values and energy level. 3 km to the end reunited front group. Heuser out and in for a final block hanging on Rezek. Rezekt looked weaker on the hill but still has 1 more mountain and 2 more sprint + he had the climber with sprint there too. So was clear to hang Heuser on him and hope for a chance. Sprint then was hard to follow on smartphone. First I saw 2 Lulas, followed by Rezek, Heuser, Habermacher. Next time I checked Rezek in front, 2 climbers in between and than Heuser (How could that happen?). Than Toscana launched and Rezek some meters behind. at 200 Heuser went on his own, Gael couldn't follow him and noone catched up. A&D happy all 3 classics won a stage here.
Boaz Trakhtenbrot:
  • Winner Giro 2022
  • 10 GC wins
  • 16.609 Eternal Points

Robyklebt

Post by Robyklebt » Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:56 pm

2nd and 3rd, bah.
Interesting, boring, both really. Another 2 team fight, 7 teams overall, that's good, but only 2 teams in the fight for the win again, that was nice in the Giro (ok, 1 clear favorite, but then a bit more with chances) and Tour (3 teams) here we are back to 2... boooring. Can't wait to have decent groups with more contenders again. Even if I'll win even less than now.

So while being boring the fight between the 2 teams was quite interesting. Never spectacular, but that has a lot to do with the suckiness of the route of this Vuelta.... Basically it came all down to 1 question each time: Can Basterretxea follow Agirrezabala?

He could on stage 4+6. Not on stage 8+9. My guess that probably I had form a bit earlier than Agirrezabala? I was on stage 6 I think. Agirrezabala then on stage 8 possibly? As Kwick said, I probably stayed with the gambling too follow for too long, was thinking about the Payot attack on both stage 6 and 8 but decided not too, after following on stage 4 try again on 6 seemed nice, then at 8 already feared a bit that maybe Agirrezabala had later form? So off with Payot then I risk losing more with Basterretexea. In between Unai lost some time due to an ill timed attack on stage 5. 10" After stage 6 so it looked pretty good for me. Should have stopped helping Mobster riding for stage wins there, but why not, the Donkey is nice after all.

TT the expected loss, after the untimely training of Unai... grrrr. And would fit with the later form for him too, 32" lost, it really should be 27" with same form, but of course fully within the realistic result including the chance. With 3,5 difference of course it fits even better though.

Then stage 12, 19" lost, plus 4" bonifications, the most decisive stage of them all finally. 1. September, new form, Asier on Sierra Nevada, expected Unai there too, which Mobster confirmed, Unai goes on a 8% and Asier can't follow. Was confident to follow there really, ok, you never fully are with one less mountain, but with same form often you do. And 8% seemed pretty safe, I'm much more worried on 6-7% than on 8%. Was doing my usualy gambling, he goes, I gain some time back, but that time loss was too big finally.
2 days later I followed, even gained a second, Unai not wanting to risk reg problems
Sierra Nevada I finally did the Payot attack, 8" gained for Basterretxea, Payot caught then loses some time. Back at 2" in GC. Earlier attack and I might get red again actually, so small mistake there again, but ok, 2" is in striking distance.

Stage 17, rode all day, needed to follow and win the sprint, Asier on the 8% again doesn't follow. Bah... It must have been close each time, sometimes enough, sometimes just not, I probably should have gone for not following but Asier block here, then counter and win solo in the last km... but not clever enough for such stuff clearly.

Stage 18 was good, can't follow, but Guilllaume wins a little, and here I was not confident to follow at all anyway. If ahead of course I have to ride tempo and hope to lose 1", not more, like this being back already 10" that made no sense anymore, risk.

Stage 19 + 20 the ones to attack, 19 I sort of tried but made a rather big mess out of it :D But would most likely not have worked anyway, Mobster had good following. Stage 20 then Mobster off at first, so we started the fight late... and when he then within 5 minutes complained about some Lula tempo with Rossi in his wheel in an easy controllable escapes, the Lulas weren't fit since I caught 2 of his attacks I think (one seemed to be the precursor to more attacks immediately, the other was when I wanted to ride anyway) I decided to give him some shit... after all if anything his being offline helped him. No problem, real life, so we can wait a bit for the fight, but then immediately whine? No no no, he'll get shit and I'll try to sour his enjoyment of his first GT win a bit. Not that I think I would have really had good chances anyway, if he's on from the start I attack immediately with Pecci and Meucci, he chases with his dead guys, after the first Navacerrada it's either 9 Donks 6 Mobsters or 8 Donks 5 Mobsters. And then soon the next attack, Short-Meucci most likely, when Orter basically kills that Carpinteiro-Rossi, then when the mountains restart more... and then hope to somehow manage to get a guy on top of the Morcuera to ride Payot down with 2' advantage OR with Agirrezabala already used and thus a chance for Basterretxea in the final climb. But with classics that at c4f are really favored on this stage thought it all had maybe a 2% chance of somehow working. Even without the classics that should help him at some point it's only 3%. But with the late start it goes down to 1%. Hm, 50% less chances :!: :!: :!: Huge difference!!!! :D So no problem really, I "lost" the Vuelta earlier, not here, but don't start whining for really nothing (that Lulu-Lula escape with Rossi wasn't going anywhere anyway, and even if, Rossi with reg my least fit already helping classic anyway). Or you get some Donks shit back, should be known that it's the whiners like Hansa-Manghi etc that piss me off most... the type that tells a newcomer to let the favorite work even when that semi newcomer has the best sprinter AND a decent flat team... Anyway, congrats to MObster for winning the Vuelta with the brilliant strategy of being of for 60km :lol: Can't resist, sorry. Didn't really change anything though, no problem.

My team, ok, of course missed Rrurrambu sometimes, but then no Pecci. And just frustration with Rrurrambu, no flat, doesn't get his wheels, most sprint, has to work, and with the avowed trick sprint supporter Kwick in the peloton.... brrrr. Ok, Kwick never did actually use the trick sprint... strange, maybe he was afraid of "Big Trek: The wrath of Donks" as he would put it. Of course Pecci was mostly useless too, TTT, but I actually didn't ride that that well, excellent start due to Mobster mistake, then I overestimated the impact of more power in the last 10 or so km, so changed to fast too late, should have done it when Mobster got his settings right, probably gain 5" or max 10" more than with my ok ok, I keep the settings and go fast only at the end. A flat guy with reg would have been more useful overall, but don't really have that except downtraining Tran.

So quite fun, but not really super exciting Vuelta, waiting for the attack, is it follow or can't follow today? Was not follow at least once too often... and I wasn't sharp enough to adapt at all it seems, the let him go and catch sounds much better in retrospect, at least after Sierra Nevada.

Actually pretty happy to be back to 1 day races! 20 riders and use only 9 for 3 weeks, blah, what if my other guys forget me and refuse to follow my orders?